Sign in to follow this  
Noxxid3

[WIP] Sarau (Revamped and reworked)

Inspired by Kashan Desert from Project Reality which was originally created by Duckhunt, Sarau is 16km2  map focused on a combined arms combat.The centerpiece of the map is a large military facility in the Sarau Desert. The facility itself offers medium to close quarters engagements for infantry while you can expect most of the vehicle combat to happen in the wide open desert and oil fields around the military facility offering medium to long range engagements. 

I revamped the map to have better visuals and better gameplay.

Heightmap Imported:

V9qTgXz.jpg

Birdeye View:

yyD7InO.jpg

Map Legend: 

Red: OPFOR Spawn (Ignore the X, couldnt load old photoshop file)

Blue: BLUEFOR Spawn

Yellow: Villages/City (Maybe)

Purple: Factory or Oil Facility

Blue and Green: Upper and lower bunker (North/south) (Multiple bunkers).

Orange: FOB (Inspired by Korengal Valley aka' Restrepo)

Brown: Dirt Road

Grey: Highway

Black: Tunnel

Im thinking of adding something next to that highway thats near that Bunker, something major.

Day and Night cycle (From Previous Map Preview):

New Screenshots with mountains/Valleys:

8jFQWZ5.jpg

Y5xKDuG.jpg

t1rznNO.jpg

qaLPeJu.jpg

Road Tunnel:

ZXN7CaD.jpg

ecSu1i4.jpg

The mountains are a WIP (Seem too tall in the background). But Day and night cycle is up, including Cloud density change and shadows (Depends on how bad performance drop is). I am using Ultra Dynamic SKy.

Added Materiel to the landscape.

I will update the videos to suit the new map. Currently working on the new MAT along with the Materiel functions.

Please give some Feedback on what you would like to see on the map! Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.  

50 minutes ago, Noxxid3 said:

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.  

I think adding a few more routes for flanking that take a long time but allow the opfor/blufor to avoid chokepoints would be beneficial to gameplay. I added them in pink as well as a little mountain village up in the east side just to make the path up there make sense. Just my 2c

q5ryTMiES_CnHy05g4_-TQ.png

12 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

I think adding a few more routes for flanking that take a long time but allow the opfor/blufor to avoid chokepoints would be beneficial to gameplay. I added them in pink as well as a little mountain village up in the east side just to make the path up there make sense. Just my 2c

q5ryTMiES_CnHy05g4_-TQ.png

Awesome thanks man! I was looking for more options for flag points ect

1 hour ago, Noxxid3 said:

Awesome thanks man! I was looking for more options for flag points ect

The village I was imagining on the east side was just something small like this:

i4ADqfC3ShCHNSm65Mnu3w.jpg

Edited by Psyrus

I was thinking of something like this. But I feel like it wouldn't fit my map. Mountains may be too big

1 minute ago, Psyrus said:

The village I was imagining on the east side was just something small like this:

i4ADqfC3ShCHNSm65Mnu3w.jpg

Ill try it when I gert gone tomorrow. Ill up the scale to see how the mountains look

On 11/13/2017 at 1:43 PM, Noxxid3 said:

Road Tunnel:

ZXN7CaD.jpg

Just curious, do you have any reference images for that tunnel? I live in Japan and we have a ton of tunnels that cut right through mountains, but they almost always start right at the mountain-face, not protruding like that, and certainly not with random rocks piled up on top of the entrance, higher than the height of the mountain/hill itself. 

Looks cool! Can't wait to see the progress on this. Offtopic, that village picture looks exactly like a city in metal gear.

Suggestion.Spread the bunker flag caps closer to opfor spawn and possibly put a cap point in the tunnel (with side entrances, hallways, etc)

20 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Just curious, do you have any reference images for that tunnel? I live in Japan and we have a ton of tunnels that cut right through mountains, but they almost always start right at the mountain-face, not protruding like that, and certainly not with random rocks piled up on top of the entrance, higher than the height of the mountain/hill itself. 

Yeah that is still a heavy work in progress. I've side tracked with my personal project that should be launching on steam lately. So that is taking more of my time. But im going to raise the area surrounding the tunnel higher to make it more realistic.

5 hours ago, FeatherSton3 said:

Looks cool! Can't wait to see the progress on this. Offtopic, that village picture looks exactly like a city in metal gear.

Suggestion.Spread the bunker flag caps closer to opfor spawn and possibly put a cap point in the tunnel (with side entrances, hallways, etc)

I was thinking of that yes.