Noxxid3

[WIP] Sarau Desert (Revamped and reworked) [vanilla]

Inspired by Kashan Desert from Project Reality which was originally created by Duckhunt, Sarau desert is around a 20km map focused on a combined arms combat.The centerpiece of the map is a large FASP in the Sarau Desert. The facility itself offers medium to close quarters engagements for infantry while you can expect most of the vehicle combat to happen in the wide open desert and oil fields around the military facility offering medium to long range engagements. 

I revamped the map to have better visuals and better gameplay.

O2XIG1t.png

3jcuS67.png

Giving me a vibe of Kashan

The map features Rolling hills to mountains ;)

xfXY7S6.jpgdwfBkkJ.png

Birds Eye View Of Map With Splines Placed. (Not all roads are placed), side by side comparison 

Sarau Desert                                                               Kashan Desert

NQ2iPkn.jpgffe1ac45f4.jpg

rNOmDAT.jpg

FASP

yzZjx1B.pngSUSjpA2.jpg

tV8yzQu.pngmYsIMbd.jpg

Added landscape grass type

phP7FXZ.png9JgHDs4.png

W52EWBY.jpgfqsaQtt.png

Main Spawns have been added:

US Main

rG3H9RN.jpgLn4XAOy.jpg

INS Main

QmICW4z.png

Ammo Bunkers FASP

XNJwfQZ.pngPmaScX1.png

Ammo Pad A Added:

dNWRTdu.png

Mortor pool (Cause why not):

LZuTJlL.png

Added Razor Wire with simple collision onto the hesco's

ZXnPo4z.png

HillSide Paths:

s1rTZ9U.png

Fob Ike:

JDrwcp2.png5CQJwVd.png

jziTxmp.jpg

City Of Sodul Added (WIP):

eoMBpiJ.jpgEt2yrTN.jpg

Points of intrest (Cap zones):

aH50s9r.jpg

(Note possible flags, not all on one game mode)

Reworked the rocks:

SUts2IN.jpgVVGKkm9.jpg

EDx2NG5.jpg

(Note that grass type will change over time)

As open as kashan desert from PR, multiple FOB locations on the map, multiple dunes, to short mountains (may change it since they seem a little sharp). I'm thinking of making a particle effect that works with the landscape for a mirage/heat wave on the low grow, I may not due to the performance cost on a large scale map/effecting long range engagements.

Please give some Feedback on what you would like to see on the map! Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.  

So i revamped the map again (Lol) I know, but now this has more of a vibe from Kashan, in what i was actually going for, perfect color, perfect range of hills and cliffs. I also added Dunes (Rolling hills) perfect for Fob placements, and what i meant is you know in v10 trailer, at the end. Well it looks like that, also like the main menu. 

On 2/9/2018 at 3:29 AM, Psyrus said:

Looking good :)

xfXY7S6.jpg

Rolling hills to mountains, open like a real desert.

Since I changed the entire map, I'm deleting previous comments that were about the old maps. 

Added a side by side comparison of Kashan Desert and Sarau Desert

Looks sick mate, so many memories of Kashan Bunkers... can´t wait to see some action on it. Although I think this map will only really shine with tanks and choppers on it :P

(Ok that is maybe also only because of the memories of the PR map/gameplay on it)

16 hours ago, koschilein said:

Looks sick mate, so many memories of Kashan Bunkers... can´t wait to see some action on it. Although I think this map will only really shine with tanks and choppers on it :P

(Ok that is maybe also only because of the memories of the PR map/gameplay on it)

Im aiming for the tanks and heli's ;) Updating SDK right now as we speak.

Added a new version of Sarau Desert Mini Map, added splines to FASP, Added Spawns, Tweak Fog Color.

God this map needs an MEC-type faction sooooo bad, looking great!

11 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

So this map is the same size, not 2x the size of Kashan?

Currently I'm looking at 20km I have to update that

17 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

so 4472 x 4472 m ? Also, how high is the highest peak? :)

around 4472 yes,  and I will double check when I get home But currently the highest playable area peak is here circled in this photo

20180215_141539.jpg

I'll get the height for you later today

1. Are there enough bunker statics in the SDK or do you need more? :)

2. Can you still shape the terrain and place 2-3 small valleys with bridges? (Ads diversity to the map)

I recommend 8 flags (with main bases 10), suited well for PAAS mode. Here are 9 names of possible caps I came up with:

Oil Refinery

gas station

factory

abandoned airfield

tunnel

outpost

village

checkpoint

Radio station (not in draft)

Here a draft of a RU-Militia (my 2 favorite factions so far) layout (PAAS v1/v2 ? ) with imo nice flag placements:

Fy_Al_R5s_-_Kopie.jpg

what do you think? :) (also about the 2 questions on top)

The "empty" space between refinery and checkpoint leaves space for fobs ;)

Edited by DanielNL

58 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

1. Are there enough bunker statics in the SDK or do you need more? :)

2. Can you still shape the terrain and place 2-3 small valleys with bridges? (Ads diversity to the map)

I recommend 8 flags (with main bases 10), suited well for PAAS mode. Here are 9 names of possible caps I came up with:

Oil Refinery

gas station

factory

abandoned airfield

tunnel

outpost

village

checkpoint

Radio station (not in draft)

Here a draft of a RU-Militia (my 2 favorite factions so far) layout (PAAS v1/v2 ? ) with imo nice flag placements:

Fy_Al_R5s_-_Kopie.jpg

what do you think? :) (also about the 2 questions on top)

The "empty" space between refinery and checkpoint leaves space for fobs ;)

So the first 2 questions, as in statics I can use what I have in the sdk, this isn't going to be just like kashan but take aspects from it.

2. I could but then I have to redo everything I've done on this terrain and redo it entirely on the other. 

As for the photos I do like the spawns, but when helis and tanks come in I would like to have them located at the airfield, also that this is a desert so wouldn't be a lot of areas. As of now I was thinking of two smaller towns marked in black

20180215_155420.jpg

I was thinking of adding the gas station onto the main highway (the one that cuts from north to south) wouldn't make sense newer the fasp. Above the FASP where uou placed the tunnels I was thinking of adding a capable fob punt there. But I like some of the other aspects that put like the air field and village