Tabasco

Thinking of buying, one question

While no free weekend is active, how consistent is the communication? In other words, how often do you join a game and encounter people who communicate vs. people who are dead silent?

It's the heart of the game. You'll find servers where teamplay and communication is required. If you don't just move on. Communication is generally expected in Squad.

8 minutes ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Well it happens much much more on free weekends

What happens more frequently on free weekends? Communication or lack of communication?

13 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

It's the heart of the game. You'll find servers where teamplay and communication is required. If you don't just move on. Communication is generally expected in Squad.

Oh I realize that, I'm just saying my experience was one game: hardly any communication, next game, rigid directives from squad leader. I much prefer the latter.

I'm asking because some of the guys I played with said that the free weekend is what is causing the lack of communication, which (to me) sounds backwards because you would expect newer people to be talking more (asking questions) not less. I know I asked a bunch of questions every game.

8 minutes ago, CHIEF HOTSTICK said:

Never seen as much consistent communication in a game as I have squad.  Vast majority of players have mics and use them

Thanks! That's what I'm hoping for.

8 minutes ago, Tabasco said:

Thanks! That's what I'm hoping for.

The only game i've seen that has about the same amount of communication as squad is surprisingly Overwatch ( while playing on ranked competitive games ) , but only when it comes to things like callouts and shit ... ( that is things you shout mid-fight ). 

As for squad , squad usally has alot of off-time between fights , and that's when i've had some of the best social experiences i've ever had in a game with complete strangers ( both about things like tactics , and cool small talks and jokes ).... Also from my expiernce i've never encountered a salty of toxic player in the game .

5 hours ago, Tabasco said:

While no free weekend is active, how consistent is the communication? In other words, how often do you join a game and encounter people who communicate vs. people who are dead silent?

700% better than on free weekends. When the people settle in, you'll struggle to find 4 people without mics in a 80 people server. Right now that number can be something like 30. Just that, and new players learning and being brave enough to use mics and a lot of the old players that don't want to deal with the lack of communication and skill in the free weekend come back. 

If you join 10 servers on a prime time evening, you'll find great communication in 9. If you had even one good experience of communication on this freeweekend, expect to have similar ones daily after the free weekend ends. 

I'll echo the sentiments of the above posters. On non-free weekends, you'll have in excess of 90% of players in the server using microphones. Some players/servers even kick players who don't have mics. 

Communication on a day to day basis in squad is decent, i would say it happens 75% of the time. (communication at the bare minimum)

10 hours ago, Tabasco said:

Way more often than when the free weekend IS happening. A non-talkative squad can be considered very uncommon.

24 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Way more often than when the free weekend IS happening. A non-talkative squad can be considered very uncommon.

And most likely to be kicked

4 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

And most likely to be kicked

Not the squad. What Gamgee here means is that there's quite a lot of servers that require a squad leader to have a mic, not the whole squad.

Either way, you can expect a more stable environment as we get further and further from the free weekend.

14 hours ago, Peerun said:

Not the squad. What Gamgee here means is that there's quite a lot of servers that require a squad leader to have a mic, not the whole squad.

True True, but from the experiences, non-talking squad members weren't being fond of tbh

On 11/12/2017 at 1:12 PM, Tabasco said:

Listen brother, this game is well worth the purchase. You will be hard pressed to find another game for this price that you will dump hundreds of hours into. Most servers, and Most squad leaders communicate. I've rarely encountered people without a mic in the game, and the ones that don't have a mic are able to type out pretty quickly and they refuse to Squad Lead because they know they will inhibit the team. 

Buy the game homie. Some people have 2000+ hours in the game. I have 700 myself. 

25 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

Listen brother, this game is well worth the purchase. You will be hard pressed to find another game for this price that you will dump hundreds of hours into. Most servers, and Most squad leaders communicate. I've rarely encountered people without a mic in the game, and the ones that don't have a mic are able to type out pretty quickly and they refuse to Squad Lead because they know they will inhibit the team. 

Buy the game homie. Some people have 2000+ hours in the game. I have 700 myself. 

I concur entirely.

I have played a lot, not as much as some, but I very rarely happen upon a squad that didn't have people with mics in all slots and have only seen three times in this week a Squad that had a newb without a mic leading the squad (and that was because they were promoted to it and had no idea how to get out of it). It is very rare. Also most servers have rules that SLs must use mics and if they don't, out they go. Though I have to say those who didn't use a mic for whatever reason were still generally  very active in chat, offering to help SL, spotting enemies, replying to questions etc. Some people type very, very fast to keep up with the flow of information and I think you'd be surprised by the effectiveness of even those who are "dead silent".

I can say without a doubt that Squad was one of my best purchases to date, so much so that I bought mine at full price and just made another purchase for a family member. Who instantly fell in love with it. I don't think you will be disappointed in Squad whatsoever. :)