I imagine we may have one or two knocking about here! What missions do you play? Part of a group? Use any mods? You can normally find me on the EUTW CTI servers or playing TacBF when there is an event on.

If you play Altis Life/KotH/Some zombie-esque trash I don't want to know!

I am interested to find out why you don't like KotH when it is almost the same as CTi and TacBF?

The only real difference is that you have 3 factions fighting over the 1 AO....

To be honest, out of all the TvT modes I have played on Arma 3, KotH is the closest to PR I have ever seen, it requires team work to win and reminds me of Mestia from way back..

The whole icon above friendlies, majority of servers are 3rd person, perks that take away any tactical thought (how many times do you see a Johnny Rambo in a ghilie suit, the 7.62 Zafir, some form of AT/AA with a load of ammo for it all while not having to worry about stamina) and there is very little proper team play that goes on. Oh and don't get me started on some of the communities that host the mission. You honestly may as well play Battlefield instead of KotH. While CTI can be fairly similar, it can sometimes play so much more tactical. There's only ever 2 teams involved, the 3rd is just 3 AI at uncapped zones. It's not limited to 1 single zone so you can get groups defending 1 point, another faking an attack on a point and another main group attacking another. The EUTW community is top notch too with some good regs on the server. Granted most of the time it's just a zerg fest but occasionally you get a brilliant game going.

TacBF is easily the closest you will get to PR in arma currently. It's only really busy when they hold events unfortunately. Squad rally points, building OPs etc. You should give that a go when the next event is running.

I started playing again a few days ago.

Unfortunately I don't really know any particularly good communities that play actual missions yet. I've just been playing Wasteland to get back into it.

When I was playing Arma 3 with some friends we kept it pretty intense, one person would create the mission that would last several nights worth of gameplay. Obviously against AI but it was great fun (especially as the guy who organised the events is currently serving in the 82nd airborne) and the missions were based of some of his experiences (albeit in Altis).

As for mods we used JSRS, multiple weapon additions, Mk18's, can't quite remember them all. My own textures for BLUFOR soldiers too:
Posted Image

The whole icon above friendlies, majority of servers are 3rd person, perks that take away any tactical thought (how many times do you see a Johnny Rambo in a ghilie suit, the 7.62 Zafir, some form of AT/AA with a load of ammo for it all while not having to worry about stamina) and there is very little proper team play that goes on. Oh and don't get me started on some of the communities that host the mission. You honestly may as well play Battlefield instead of KotH. While CTI can be fairly similar, it can sometimes play so much more tactical. There's only ever 2 teams involved, the 3rd is just 3 AI at uncapped zones. It's not limited to 1 single zone so you can get groups defending 1 point, another faking an attack on a point and another main group attacking another. The EUTW community is top notch too with some good regs on the server. Granted most of the time it's just a zerg fest but occasionally you get a brilliant game going.TacBF is easily the closest you will get to PR in arma currently. It's only really busy when they hold events unfortunately. Squad rally points, building OPs etc. You should give that a go when the next event is running.

I agree there is a lot of crap 3rd person koth servers where you will find very little teamplay, RIP run a hardcore only server which is full (60 slots) every night of the week and there is a very high amount of squad work going on especially if you can get in on our own squads. We also activily admin our server and will kick players for mess about or spoil it for others and enforce a strict server rule policy.

Having tried CTi once, I really didn't like it and I was part of the A2:PR testing team so I saw TacBF develope and found it over complicated and not very enjoyable, which is prob one of the reasons it is not doing too well - although a fine peice of programming.

But hay, each to their own...

I also enjoy playing COOP with the Tour of Teamrespawn community who play 1 life missions with a very strict teamplay/squad work policy with missions that can go on for 4 or 5 hours and are very rarely completed (because they are very hard).

I hate ARMA. Played it a lot but hated every moment of it. Worst Engine ever. Worst Graphics, worst Inputs ever. Have to press 19 buttons to throw a fucking grenade WTF Bohemia. It had so much potential, but small budget, shitty Dev's, shitty Studio, Shitty investors, equaled shitty game. Much rather play BF2 PR than Arma 2 or 3 anyday. I am of course an old school BF guy though, so probably really biased there. Tactically, it was an okay trainer I guess. Just my opinion. This game will be ten level's above Arma though, just want to make sure all you Arma guys understand that. But yeah, Dev's please stay far, far, far away from that horrible game as you can. No one wants a arcadey ass CoD shooter but that Arma crap is a joke. Seriously, why would they make it so damn hard to do anything, it's like playing World of Warcraft or something. Also, sorry guys but playing AI is just so 1999. Not into that at all. Nor are any of my friends. That is literally like the lamest thing ever. Sorry I'm so blunt and talking so much shit about Arma but I think we can all agree there was not much we want from that one, in this game. Drinking again. TGIF.

SquadMaster, I don't suppose you bought Arma 2 to play DayZ and decided to try out vanilla A2?

I've been watching many ArmA 3 TvT, COOP vids that have been about TacBF, IronFront and others. Got to say that I find them really interested but for the same reason people stated above that there seems not to be too much communities to join to play. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of australian people play TacBF, which for a person like me living in the GMT+2 timezone does not fit that well. I really hope they implement what RHS has to offer..I also hope that people would find people to play with from this thread ;) So do speak up.. I just might pick up ArmA 3 just to join up.

I don't really play with a community, just me and my friend, as none of our other friends are into tactical and realistic games. We play coop missions, I've started making some of my own, but mostly we just play missions we've found on steam. For mods we mostly use Bcombat AI mod, HLC weapons, JSRS2, Shacktac fireteam hud, and VTS weapon resting. I occasionally play on public servers when my friend isn't on, I stick to Insurgency and other similarly styled games.

I hate ARMA. Played it a lot but hated every moment of it. Worst Engine ever. Worst Graphics, worst Inputs ever. Have to press 19 buttons to throw a fucking grenade WTF Bohemia. It had so much potential, but small budget, shitty Dev's, shitty Studio, Shitty investors, equaled shitty game. Much rather play BF2 PR than Arma 2 or 3 anyday. I am of course an old school BF guy though, so probably really biased there. Tactically, it was an okay trainer I guess. Just my opinion. This game will be ten level's above Arma though, just want to make sure all you Arma guys understand that. But yeah, Dev's please stay far, far, far away from that horrible game as you can. No one wants a arcadey ass CoD shooter but that Arma crap is a joke. Seriously, why would they make it so damn hard to do anything, it's like playing World of Warcraft or something. Also, sorry guys but playing AI is just so 1999. Not into that at all. Nor are any of my friends. That is literally like the lamest thing ever. Sorry I'm so blunt and talking so much shit about Arma but I think we can all agree there was not much we want from that one, in this game. Drinking again. TGIF.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8

In other news, if anyone wants to play some casual A3, hit me up. Me and a few buddies have a TS server and have been playing some of the public gamemodes almost daily for a bit now and we're looking for more company. We used to run a small server for missions but most of the people we used to play with are gone now, so right now we're just trying to find some people who want to play and maybe we'll see about a server if we get some people.

Yes I play some of the trash you dont want to know about. But you're right, the multiplayer is mostly trash, no teamwork, no coordination and lots of lonewolves. Not that there arent exceptions, but yea.

To be honest, I'm afraid that's what Squad could become if it gets the same amount of recognition Arma 3 has gotten and no measures are taken to severely limit the individual's effictiveness.

To be honest, I'm afraid that's what Squad could become if it gets the same amount of recognition Arma 3 has gotten and no measures are taken to severely limit the individual's effictiveness.

There are a LOT bigger problems that make base Arma 3 complete shit for public teamwork, like a terribly unstable VON system, and an awkward to learn and manage group system. Hence why VOIP mods like ACRE use TeamSpeak, and almost every public gamemode implements a new UI for managing groups.

Individuals aren't all that effective, it's mostly the fact that everyone else is just as hopeless.

Would be great if we could get enough people together to play some TacBF or even some DTAS at some point in the future. 

Yes I play some of the trash you dont want to know about. But you're right, the multiplayer is mostly trash, no teamwork, no coordination and lots of lonewolves. Not that there arent exceptions, but yea.

It's not due to the amount of recognition that A3 has received. It's down to the missions being made so any one can jump in and play without actually having to put any thought into it. People play these missions and think that this is what Arma is all about. They then play something that requires more than 5 brain cells and immediately think it's a load of pump because they can't run around as a sniper carrying AT/AA and do whatever the hell they like!

Don't get me wrong, some people play these missions then come to play something better and realise that there is more to see and do but the majority refuse to even consider playing anything else.

Anyway, the next time there is a TacBF event I will post in here. We can join on TeamSpeak and have our own group running about and ruining the life of the enemy. More than happy to help people with installing any mods needed!

If it were possible for a post to make me develop cancer then SquadMaster's takes the prize. Someone obviously hasn't played Arma or quit it after 1 minute.

Would be great if we could get enough people together to play some TacBF or even some DTAS at some point in the future. 

It's not due to the amount of recognition that A3 has received. It's down to the missions being made so any one can jump in and play without actually having to put any thought into it. People play these missions and think that this is what Arma is all about. They then play something that requires more than 5 brain cells and immediately think it's a load of pump because they can't run around as a sniper carrying AT/AA and do whatever the hell they like!

Don't get me wrong, some people play these missions then come to play something better and realise that there is more to see and do but the majority refuse to even consider playing anything else.

Anyway, the next time there is a TacBF event I will post in here. We can join on TeamSpeak and have our own group running about and ruining the life of the enemy. More than happy to help people with installing any mods needed!

I installed TacBF a month or so ago, required a community mod first and then the TacBF mod, iirc. I did get an error message relating to a mk20 sound file or something but I think it was working fine otherwise. Havent played it online yet, servers were empty when I checked and these days I'm too busy with my finals to commit more than 15 minutes into a game.

I installed TacBF a month or so ago, required a community mod first and then the TacBF mod, iirc. I did get an error message relating to a mk20 sound file or something but I think it was working fine otherwise. Havent played it online yet, servers were empty when I checked and these days I'm too busy with my finals to commit more than 15 minutes into a game.

Yeah unfortunately it's normally very quiet apart from these events. Will keep you posted and hopefully you get a spare bit of time to join in :)

That is the Major problem with ArmA 2: Vanilla SUCKS, and mods have a very small player base. Only a few well-succeeded mods like DayZ, MSO and ACE have a large acceptance.ArmA 3 is free this weekend, I'm downloading it now. Vanilla is good, or you guys recommend a Mod?

That is the Major problem with ArmA 2: Vanilla SUCKS, and mods have a very small player base. Only a few well-succeeded mods like DayZ, MSO and ACE have a large acceptance.ArmA 3 is free this weekend, I'm downloading it now. Vanilla is good, or you guys recommend a Mod?

One problem I have with Arma 3 is that there isn't really an equivalent to ACE in it, at least that's what I've found from looking around. There are mods that focus on certain aspects of the game to improve, but we don't have a must have mod to play with, at least not yet. So basically it's up to you to find which mods are the best. Vanilla is good enough, though.

Only a few well-succeeded mods like DayZ, MSO and ACE have a large acceptance.

Please note that MSO is a mission and not a modification.I actually pre-ordered Arma 2 back in 2009 and I loved it, it's what got me into Arma. That's right, I played on unmodded Arma 2. I was bored of all the arcade games where everything is handed to you on a plate. Highly unrealistic and personally, boring. This is the problem with the PlayStation Generation, they're all deluded on what real war looks like. Arma shows it pretty well and gives you an idea that some people are better off playing on call of duty.

To those playing in the free weekend please note it is script kiddy central if you join most of the popular servers.

As for no ACE for A3, it's in development but you have the AGM mod which is shaping up nicely.

DTAS event taking place right now chaps.

PvP on the ArmA-IL IDF PvP server.

Teamspeak: ts.arma-il.info

No mods required.
Allowed and recommended mods: CBA_A3, STHUD_A3, st_stamina_bar, JSRS2
To get our mod pack, install Play withSIX from play.withsix.com and click the "Launch ArmA 3" button found in the DTAS channel description on our teamspeak server.

Mission:

I play at a open community known as United Operations, we used to use ACE for arma 2 and have switched to arma 3 (which obviously doesn't have ace). We do use CSE and ACRE 2.0. In fact, United Operations is the home of ACRE and the developer(s) is/are part of this community. 

As for no ACE for A3, it's in development but you have the AGM mod which is shaping up nicely.

There's also a mod that United Operations uses called Combat Space Enhancement (CSE) it basically has replaced our ace wounding system plus uses things that ace had like cuffing people, loading wounded into vehicles. Its also very nice because you can carry and drag dead people.

I play at a open community known as United Operations, we used to use ACE for arma 2 and have switched to arma 3 (which obviously doesn't have ace). We do use CSE and ACRE 2.0. In fact, United Operations is the home of ACRE and the developer(s) is/are part of this community. 

There's also a mod that United Operations uses called Combat Space Enhancement (CSE) it basically has replaced our ace wounding system plus uses things that ace had like cuffing people, loading wounded into vehicles. Its also very nice because you can carry and drag dead people.

Is that group multinational, does it allow newcomers?BTW: Arma 3 is on sale for 50%, 22,49 euros for 20h and 56min from writing this message. http://store.steampowered.com/app/107410