Gatzby

Alpha 9.14

Hey Squaddies,

Hope you're enjoying the free weekend! This hotfix includes various fixes for some issues discovered during wider play of Mestia. We'll keep an eye on things and roll it back if there are any major issues.

• Mestia bug fixes.
  • Correctly named Yehorivka Invasion v2.

Don't forget to join us tomorrow, as we hit Twitch for Stack-Up for Veterans Day.

Offworld Out.

Bug improvements afaik are just some static objects like stairs and stuff. And there was a bug in the invasion version with the russians not being able to resupply their logi trucks. Idk tho.

EDIT:

What's with the fps complaints? I'm not noticing a huge difference between maps like Narva, Basrah, Gordorock and Mestia.

Edited by Guan_Yu007

8 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

What's with the fps complaints? I'm not noticing a huge difference between maps like Narva, Basrah, Gordorock and Mestia.

I was running a solid 30FPS at spawn on a full map, 27 at ultra. Went up to 40 in some places, and 20's in others. Really depends, but overall performance is very, very low compared to other maps at full player count.

1 hour ago, Ancient ifrit said:

When reach the final stand on yehorivka, the main base protection was not turned off, seems like a bug.

Could it have been this from the 9.13 update (see below)?

On 11/8/2017 at 6:38 PM, Gatzby said:

Added Yehorivka Invasion v2. This layer is experimental. The Militia main base is the last flag and can only be attacked once all connecting flags are captured. At that moment, the main base protection zone disappears and the main base spawn timer for Militia increases to two minutes. Most of the vehicles have a delayed spawn so that heavier weapons become available later.

11 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Bug improvements afaik are just some static objects like stairs and stuff. And there was a bug in the invasion version with the russians not being able to resupply their logi trucks. Idk tho.

EDIT:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U8y9LAPtQqu68bFuxKf6g1Tv2K-tF7gJ/view?usp=sharing

all other maps plays 50fps+

Edited by booker2121

4 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

A new map is better than nothing.

Very very very true... but still waiting for Yamalia remake to finally get released to public :P

4 hours ago, PROTOCOL said:

Could it have been this from the 9.13 update (see below)?

Yes. we cap all flags but the militia main base keep the protection turned on.

7 hours ago, DanielNL said:

Very very very true... but still waiting for Yamalia remake to finally get released to public :P

Hell yeah! Though they'll probably hold off on that until the IFVs and TOWs are ready.

Edited by fatalsushi

Anyone else notice the patch has (further) decreased performance? Deleting the folder in AppData doesn't seem to help at all, either.

2 hours ago, Root said:

Anyone else notice the patch has (further) decreased performance? Deleting the folder in AppData doesn't seem to help at all, either.

Same, ever since 9.8 it's been shittier and shittier every update fps-wise even after clearing cache and appdata.

11 minutes ago, Draco said:

Same, ever since 9.8 it's been shittier and shittier every update fps-wise even after clearing cache and appdata.

Pretty sure you guys are in the minority on that one unfortunately :(

Specs?

2 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Pretty sure you guys are in the minority on that one unfortunately :(

Specs?

i5 6600K

16 GB FuryX DDR5 RAM

SSD

NVIDIA GTX 970

Just wanted to say that Mestia looks and feels very unique. The dense grass is also very convincing. I'm looking forward to playing more on this map.

I didn't get to play Mestia at all over the free weekend :( Lots of fun rounds with very receptive newbies though. 

And O.M.G not having every round start with 80% of squads rushing was suuuuuuuuch a breath of fresh air. The sooner the rush meta gets fixed, the better IMO

15 hours ago, Draco said:

i5 6600K

16 GB FuryX DDR5 RAM

SSD

NVIDIA GTX 970

Meh I just upgraded from i5 6600K to Ryzen 5 1600X, veeery worth it considering UE4 excellent use (afaik) of 6 core/12 threads.

11 hours ago, Psyrus said:

I didn't get to play Mestia at all over the free weekend :(

Wait, don't you own Squad? O_O

14 hours ago, Psyrus said:

And O.M.G not having every round start with 80% of squads rushing was suuuuuuuuch a breath of fresh air. The sooner the rush meta gets fixed, the better IMO

^this!

Any plans to stop rushing the first flag?

1 hour ago, danielritual said:

the multicam camouflage looks like a lights up on the grass and trees!

I was sniping the Glowsticks... oops sorry I meant the Americans across the entire map all weekend long with the SPG...

Reminded me of back in the infantry only days on OP First Light where the Militia looked like ninjas on the scrub terrain.

On 11/12/2017 at 4:35 PM, Draco said:

Yup, every update sees a considerable drop. Now it performs slightly better than Arma, which is disappointing.