_FISCHER_

Extra Rpgs carried by squad mate

you know it would be really cool if we could have a class in the rifleman part where you had a crappy gun but extra rockets for the light anti tank class kind like how insurgents in iraq or afg usually have people with baskets or whatever on their back filled with rpgs.

What do you think?

2 minutes ago, Dennisz125 said:

Good idea. But here's my idea: give rifleman a choice between sandbags, extra rockets or etc.

^ Giving choices is better 

27 minutes ago, _FISCHER_ said:

you know it would be really cool if we could have a class in the rifleman part where you had a crappy gun but extra rockets for the light anti tank class kind like how insurgents in iraq or afg usually have people with baskets or whatever on their back filled with rpgs.

What do you think?

If implemented, will be limited to certain factions, 

is there not going to be some form of small supply kit / ammo kit at some point?  thought I read that somewhere...might be wrong

I'd rather see a damage model that would effect vehicle section performance. Disable gun, engine, tracks/ wheels. Let it sit damaged till timer runs and respawn. Hopefully it could be done without a great price in Comp. performance.

2 hours ago, potNpans said:

I'd rather see a damage model that would effect vehicle section performance. Disable gun, engine, tracks/ wheels. Let it sit damaged till timer runs and respawn. Hopefully it could be done without a great price in Comp. performance.

That's planned, though as far as I understand it, you will be able to repair it. Or atleast PR had that system and you could drop a repair station from a logi truck to do it.

On 10/11/2017 at 5:03 AM, Dennisz125 said:

Good idea. But here's my idea: give rifleman a choice between sandbags, extra rockets or etc.

Well i think they should make it the same like they have in PR. Where Riflemen carries an extra ammo bag insted of sandbags. 

I like the idea, damage model on vehicles may be more difficult to implement than a simple added rocket or two for an ammo bearer. Why not!  

I think for Insurgents on some maps like Al Basrah  it would be cool to randomly have ammo crates in some houses.So you could resupply at any time no need to go and beg a squad leader to place it near fob.As i am sure in real world Insurgents have some ammo stashes.

On 11/9/2017 at 7:39 PM, _FISCHER_ said:

What do you think?

Better yet, take away the rifle from the rocketeer and give the role a couple more rockets.

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Better yet, take away the rifle from the rocketeer and give the role a couple more rockets.

Oooooo i like that

54 minutes ago, _FISCHER_ said:

Oooooo i like that

Realisticly that should only apply to un-conventional factions i suppose .... But yea maybe more rockets and a pistol instead of rifle as an option ? 

Posted (edited)

4 of each would be a hoot >)

(150 points to resupply at ammocrate)

Edited by Voice

13 hours ago, L0cation said:

Realisticly that should only apply to un-conventional factions i suppose .... But yea maybe more rockets and a pistol instead of rifle as an option ? 

Yeah the RPG and AK loadout doesn't seem realisitic at all from weight perspective.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Yeah the RPG and AK loadout doesn't seem realisitic at all from weight perspective.

I don't think you're allowed to say that without /s at the end.

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

~26kg for a complete insurgent AT load-out (that is on the generous side) is not unrealistic at all. Getting rid of the AKMS and the 6 mags only sheds about 8.4kg. At the (large) cost of less effectiveness against infantry, everyone is a riflemen first in this iteration of the game.
Militia is about 23.6kg, AKS74U plus loaded mags is ~6kg.

It might be a decrease effectiveness against infantry but more rockets is a big increase in effectiveness against armour which, let's face it, is the AT mans primary role. I hate not being able to actually kill Stykers and just watch them scurry away to lick their wounds. 

So you want to duke it out at range with a Makarov against someone with an Acog, or at close range against an iron sight M4?
If your team is somewhat organized, you're not the only LAT in your squad and/or team. So team up with a second LAT, or HAT, mines, ied's, vehicles, etc.
Say you get 4 HEAT rounds, by the time you have reloaded the fourth round, the Stryker has either picked you off if the gunner is somewhat capable or has RTB'ed either still.

Posted (edited)
On 11/10/2017 at 8:39 PM, potNpans said:

This is planned. Read up on the monthly recaps and forum stickies.

Edited by Nossa

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2018 at 5:14 AM, Nimbus said:

So you want to duke it out at range with a Makarov against someone with an Acog, or at close range against an iron sight M4?
If your team is somewhat organized, you're not the only LAT in your squad and/or team. So team up with a second LAT, or HAT, mines, ied's, vehicles, etc.
Say you get 4 HEAT rounds, by the time you have reloaded the fourth round, the Stryker has either picked you off if the gunner is somewhat capable or has RTB'ed either still.

Depending on the map (and where on the map), the route the vehicle is taking and the competency of the driver, it's not completely out of the question that you couldn't get 3-4 shots off on it. There's been many times I've gotten 2 shots off, and easily could have gotten a 3rd off - if I'd had it.

But there are many many times I've found myself out of rockets because I've used them on a vehicle, but haven't died and am not anywhere near an ammo crate. On a big map, you can get the SL to drop a FOB, ammo, resupply, then dig it up (at least until V10 comes out). But on a mid size map, depending on existing FOB placement, that might not be easily possible. And on a map that has a lot of vehicles (Chora/Fools Road/Yeho), 2 rockets just isn't enough. Even when working with someone else... one of you misses that LAT shot, and you're screwed and that striker is RTB'd. Out of the fight for 5 minutes... but you're not getting any tickets out of it. And if you can't resupply or respawn in that time frame, you're then SOL for when it comes back.

Edited by Ti0mat