DanielNL

change ammo crates to give limited ammo

So that ammo crates only contain a specified amount of ammo, and the fob needs to be rearmed by a logi time if the crate is "empty" to "refill" it :)

That#s what the ammo supply is for. Other wise your saying lets have selective rounds. for every version. Could get complicated. Do you allow players to choose or is if your out of 7.62 you only  restock them or what you expect. Its supposed to be a supply truck not an ammo bag.   Ammo is supposed to be changing anyways. 

Yep, it already needs refilling as it is. I think it's ok

Here's how it will work out if it's implemented 

1. SL will have to choose which ammo crate will be needed to put down. - people are gonna hassle over this "Give me this, Give me that"

2. Divide ammo consumption for each classes. - in which will cause one ammo go down way faster than the other ammos. 

On 11/10/2017 at 1:24 AM, DanielNL said:

So that ammo crates only contain a specified amount of ammo, and the fob needs to be rearmed by a logi time if the crate is "empty" to "refill" it :)

WE already have that dont you think?

Try making a FOB just so you can place an ammo crate just so your AT guys could refill ammo.

I think they should have options for the server admins to make the server "hardcore". Such as, unlimited ammo at ammo creates vs limited, when helicopters come out, flight model vs complex flight model, and same goes for vehicles and such. So some servers can appeal closer to the PR people and others can appeal more to a MilSim crowd. 

57 minutes ago, SixtyM said:

I think they should have options for the server admins to make the server "hardcore". Such as, unlimited ammo at ammo creates vs limited, when helicopters come out, flight model vs complex flight model, and same goes for vehicles and such. So some servers can appeal closer to the PR people and others can appeal more to a MilSim crowd. 

That's only going to divide people. Squad already does a good job of finding a middle ground I think. But I'm definitely not waiting for another experience like Red Orchestra 2 with it's various difficulty settings and not enough player base to consistently find the servers you want.

current system has separate ammo points  and build points.

i think general expectation is to have specific ammo within what is called a "core inventory" system. eg a crate has 8 heat rounds, you take 2 so 6 remain.

current system is adequate for current gameplay state

1 hour ago, suds said:

current system is adequate for current gameplay state

+1

Keep it simple!!!