Sign in to follow this  
Red Team

Stuttering, need some input!

Hi. Just trying game for free weekend and I love it but I have issue with stuttering. No matter what I do with graphical/audio settings stuttering is same. 

My rig is crap at this point but I think it should be at least be to run on lowest settings possible without this stuttering but I might be wrong here.

Any advice on how to fix this or what I could upgrade for reasonable amount of money to get it working properly.

Also note that my whole PC slows down to unbearable point. I doubt that this is GPU issue and I think CPU should be able to handle it.

My thoughts are on RAM and lack of SSD?

My rig:

I5 3570K 

GTX 760

8GB

No SSD 

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Cheers

HD, will just mean your take lower load times. suggest you try and see whats causing the stuttering. Does it happen when theres too much sounds or does it happen when  you first start.  What res are you trying to play at. 

Try running in a windows sometimes  that can help.

8GB ram isn't a lot now either. 

58 minutes ago, Smee said:

HD, will just mean your take lower load times.

It will also have a big impact on any memory paging that has to occur (both read and write) which could well be the cause of Red Team's stuttering issues. In v8.x I had my page file on my secondary disk (HDD) and only 6GB ram, and I would get lock ups and terrible stutter when playing virtually every map. Moving my pagefile over to my SSD made the stuttering go away completely... and my subsequent upgrade to 16GB of ram solved the issue in a different way (although my pagefile is now still on my SSD, although much smaller)  

Reason I think HDD  might be be issue is because I can hear it working very hard while my GPU and CPU don't seem to be under heavy load.

1 hour ago, Red Team said:

Reason I think HDD  might be be issue is because I can hear it working very hard while my GPU and CPU don't seem to be under heavy load.

The paging problem happens (in my memory so I could be wrong) if you have a low amount of RAM (like Psyrus 6 Gb or your 8 Gb).

As @Psyrus say, after he put 16 Gb problem was solved.

Of course put an SSD could help, but I think it will cost less if you find a pair of RAM benches that are the same of the one you already have (in my opinion).

Regarding the use of your HDD, I have a set of 32 Gb of RAM and when I start this game (and another game made with UE4, Thunder Tier One) my HDD go on rampage, it calms after about 3 minutes (but I have to sacrifice a virgin, this is why I play Squad very few times)

Edited by eagon89