Turkeysandwich6

Squad Kickstarter promise not addressed

45 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

This is also from the Kickstarter and it's unlikely that jets will make an appearance either.

Below is a chart of air vehicle types you will encounter in Squad.

Click to Enlarge

they aren't expected because they will either be slowed down to the point where they look stupid on the current maps, or so fast they cross the map in .1 second, reasonable.

CCPs arent jets, they are a new game mechanic that develops the meta further on the ground, which is DESPERATELY needed

1 hour ago, XB0CT said:

CCPs arent jets, they are a new game mechanic that develops the meta further on the ground, which is DESPERATELY needed

It may need some meta tweaks but I don't believe it needs CCPs. They would just ruin the fun and create a much smaller player base.

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

It may need some meta tweaks but I don't believe it needs CCPs. They would just ruin the fun and create a much smaller player base.

Being forced to break contact because of casualties and having to devise a retreat seems fun to me. Giving the gameplay more depth is so desperately needed.

And if someone is put off with the idea of having to not be in combat 24/7 they're playing the wrong game.

Edited by XB0CT

2 minutes ago, XB0CT said:

Being forced to break contact because of casualties and having to devise a retreat seems fun to me. Giving the gameplay more depth is so desperately needed.

9 times out of 10 those retreats form at the rally point or fob anyway. Having a CCP won't make it any different. On 2nd thoughts, if nothing else changes, it'll make it worse as more players will choose to give up.

6 hours ago, XB0CT said:

whats the point of mentioning the word competitive? every FPS ever made with MP is a competition. besides my point still stands, combat realism is the goal, and ccps would help towards it. i dont understand why you call it "milsim" when its just slowing down the game pace. also your point of SLs just telling injured to respawn is stupid, you really want to waste tickets for no reason, not very competitive then lol.

You have no idea what competitive strategies are. In MANY situations I've seen half a team intentionally let the enemy kill them so they can respawn at a forward FOB to back cap. Death isn't always a negative thing in Squad. It provides opportunities to attack and defend quicker than running 5 miles. 

6 hours ago, Peerun said:

What makes you think that'd be something that a player is allowed to do, if it's implemented? That's in perfect contradiction to the idea of a CCP mechanic.

lol as opposed to what?

- Waiting to be carried out on a stretcher, after dying, all the way to an FOB/CCP for revive?

- Not be able to give up and respawn on a rally point closer to the fight.

- Not be able to be stabilized and brought back to 1% health on the field with some added handicap? effectively ineffective?

^ that sounds like, smells like, looks like crap = probably is crap....

1 hour ago, Robin Sage said:

You have no idea what competitive strategies are. In MANY situations I've seen half a team intentionally let the enemy kill them so they can respawn at a forward FOB to back cap. Death isn't always a negative thing in Squad. It provides opportunities to attack and defend quicker than running 5 miles. 

And this is good gameplay in your eyes? ok 

11 hours ago, Robin Sage said:

In MANY situations I've seen half a team intentionally let the enemy kill them so they can respawn at a forward FOB to back cap. Death isn't always a negative thing in Squad. It provides opportunities to attack and defend quicker than running 5 miles. 

This is true and i hope it will be changed in future! Death should be penalty anyway you look at it. While current behavior is like this, things are broken.

CCP might bring more depth to gameplay which is great. I hope to see it introduced even if only to be tested out. Any reasonable addition to gameplay depth is good thing.

Anyway, scroll down trough comments on kickstarter to see dev response. At the time, it was game design plan that might change or adapt. Who knows, we might see this or not ingame but it's definitely something devs will look into at one point in time (or already did). We just have to wait, there are still many things that are not done yet: dragging, resolving obstacles, new animation system, CoreInventory, jets...

2 hours ago, ΣT | Disgruntled03 said:

Lol yes, because your team is on a back cap point starting a bleed getting tickets back, the other team is on the wrong point.

He's not asking whether it's a good tactic with current mechanics, but whether the mechanics themselves are contributing to good gameplay by allowing this(and other things) to be a viable strategy. Rather than making the game feel gimmicky.
But that kind of thinking is something that goes over most people's heads, especially in this thread.

Regardless of what you think though, competitive players will always find holes in mechanics to gain an advantage. It is what it is. You want immersion? That's fine. As stated we'll be winning matches though while you're immersed with your losing strategies. 

7 hours ago, Robin Sage said:

Regardless of what you think though, competitive players will always find holes in mechanics to gain an advantage. It is what it is. You want immersion? That's fine. As stated we'll be winning matches though while you're immersed with your losing strategies. 

I haven't even taken a side here. But if you think about it, it might be better if those holes that are bound to exist within the game were relatively small, rather than gaping abysses. Regardless of what mechanics are on the edges of them.
Hasn't really got much to do with immersion either. That might be a side effect, but you wouldn't call broken physics simulation in a rally racing game immersion breaking, because that's the core of the gameplay.
Saying that broken balance between medical, shooting and spawning mechanics is only immersion breaking in a game that tries to blend the three together sounds a bit too much like a player that's been using a lot of shady tactics and spent time perfecting his efficiency in using unfinished or broken features to gain an advantage and is anxious about those little step ladders disapearing.
If your argument is, don't change anything, because the game can never be perfect, so any effort to make it better is futile, then you have no argument at all.

And as if to make it even more ironic, you're saying this on a forum for an Early Access game. A game in development. And you are saying, "No! Don't develop it. We will exploit the game anyway, so please don't fix it. Trust me!"

+1

Spoiler
52 minutes ago, Peerun said:

I haven't even taken a side here. But if you think about it, it might be better if those holes that are bound to exist within the game were relatively small, rather than gaping abysses. Regardless of what mechanics are on the edges of them.
Hasn't really got much to do with immersion either. That might be a side effect, but you wouldn't call broken physics simulation in a rally racing game immersion breaking, because that's the core of the gameplay.
Saying that broken balance between medical, shooting and spawning mechanics is only immersion breaking in a game that tries to blend the three together sounds a bit too much like a player that's been using a lot of shady tactics and spent time perfecting his efficiency in using unfinished or broken features to gain an advantage and is anxious about those little step ladders disapearing.
If your argument is, don't change anything, because the game can never be perfect, so any effort to make it better is futile, then you have no argument at all.

And as if to make it even more ironic, you're saying this on a forum for an Early Access game. A game in development. And you are saying, "No! Don't develop it. We will exploit the game anyway, so please don't fix it. Trust me!"

It is important that the other side of this "medical realism" issue is considered as well.

Problem:

It is very boring to have no-one to shoot at. Even the hardcore milsim can't argue against this.

1 solution:

By enabling short delays on respawns and faster, in the field revives and healing you are creating more action for everyone.

The result, - no matter whether you are winning or losing is that more players nearby means more action - less boredom.

There may be other solutions but short of having far more players on a server there is unlikely to be a better way of keeping more players in action.

Realism is outside, it can be reflected in games but it should stay outside.

Can't wait to see those Transport vehicles used as useful assets instead of throw-away vehicles. It will be nice to see them given a greater purpose in line with Logistic trucks.:D

1 hour ago, suds said:

It is important that the other side of this "medical realism" issue is considered as well.

Problem:

It is very boring to have no-one to shoot at. Even the hardcore milsim can't argue against this.

1 solution:

By enabling short delays on respawns and faster, in the field revives and healing you are creating more action for everyone.

The result, - no matter whether you are winning or losing is that more players nearby means more action - less boredom.

There may be other solutions but short of having far more players on a server there is unlikely to be a better way of keeping more players in action.

Realism is outside, it can be reflected in games but it should stay outside.

man do you have to be in combat the entire time? is having down time of 5 minutes in a two hour long round really that bad? why not make the maps 1/2 their current size so combat is happening all the time, therefor the game is more fun!! 

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, Robin Sage said:

idk, seems like cancer to an FPS and promotes a more milsim approach imo. I hope they don't incorporate that. 

think it will be worse if they focus more in KD, ticket attrition Death Match than going down the milsim route.... might as well switch to COD or Insurgency if that's what they want to do.

4 hours ago, Peerun said:

That's not what I'm saying at all but OK!

1 hour ago, XB0CT said:

is having down time of 5 minutes in a two hour long round really that bad?

It will be much longer than 5 mins in a match and it would break up your squad as those needing medical attention go off to the ccp because the useless medic can only just revive them. Better just to die and respawn at the fob and save half the journey especially if you have no vehicle. And what about the rest of your squad who end up so undermaned they have to just sit and wait for the full squad to regroup to make an effective atack. Ccp would just be a boring addition. I actually enjoy the quite time outs from battle that go to make the firefights that more intense but ccp would be more disruptive and annoying than they're worth for the sake of some realism and to slow the game down.

For me death, spawn timer, medic are ok.

I d like to see in future evacuating...make game more deep. So, smoke on down team mate, medic stay back in safe zone and other players (normal infanrty?) go and risk to evacuating a donw soldier. Would be very nice.

On 11/25/2017 at 10:02 PM, XB0CT said:

And this is good gameplay in your eyes? ok 

Any gameplay that the game itself permits should be considered fair gameplay.

When I play I want my team to win and the other team to suffer a humiliating loss. It's not my fault they didn't take the time to read the Wiki and understand the game mechanics and would rather jog circles around a FOB on an irrelevant flag.

To that end, we're always behind enemy lines at the back caps disrupting logistics and putting down rallies whereupon when the time is right I unlock our 2 person vehicle squad so players that understand the game dynamics can quit their squads a spawn on our rally to capture the point.

57 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

That's not what I'm saying at all but OK!

I know that is not what you're saying, but it is the mentality with which a lot of people have aproached this thread.

Edited by Peerun

2 minutes ago, Peerun said:

I know that is not what you're saying, but it is the mentality with which a lot of people have aproached this thread.

Truth. 

On 11/25/2017 at 1:53 AM, XB0CT said:

Well the current squad community is made out of battlefield kids (see replies in thread) so probably never gonna get this because it might require a semblance of logistics and might force some tactics!! 

You triggered a lot of people with this, judging by replies , but still, i've been playing Project Reality for a long time, PR community came from Battlefield 2 and Joint Ops mostly, it's important to note that the Battlefield kids you are referring to are the ones from BF3, BF4 and BF1, and you can't really consider true battlefield games anyway. The amount of no f*cks given that i see in matches, is sometimes astonishing, i ask myself why are these people even playing this game, like, what do they get out of it? Stay triggered kids , oh wait, they are already "triggered" in the sense  that trigger control doesn't exist in their minds and they shoot without calling contacts compromising their squad in the process most of the time.¯\_(ツ)_/¯