Turkeysandwich6

Squad Kickstarter promise not addressed

Where is the promised Casualty Collection Points (CCPs) fob structures? They are very important to make fobs more valuable and rally weaker of haveing to go back to main or fob to get fully healed as medic can not get rid of more weapon sway when injured. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/offworldindustries/squad/posts/1265547

Edited by Turkeysandwich6
Forgot lost link

You could say the same thing for jets. Squad is a big project for a new dev team pretty much made up from talented modders. Some things don't turn out the way you expect and plans have to change. I don't see how a ccp will actually benefit the game in its current state. If you're going to be less effective after being revived until you've visited a ccp players are just going to give up sooner and take a respawn instead. Yes ccps could work but your going to have to increase any respawn timers dramatically and that would kill a lot of fun in the game. Ultimately fun is what we all want so realism has to take a back seat.

...in the long run I would like to see this, no one knows what Squad will flow like in a year or 2 may well be suited to it or not.

Could work with FOB field hospitals or a trip to Main just increase the spawn timer so giving up is a worse outcome.

Fun is dependant on the person, some of us get our fun fulfilled through immersion and being a special cog in a well oiled machine, having in game duties to fulfil per role etc etc

Wouldn't a CCP simply be the same as running over a health pack in any other fps vidjit game? I can see why it was never implemented and medics still have to give you manna and bring you back to full health.

20 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Wouldn't a CCP simply be the same as running over a health pack in any other fps vidjit game? I can see why it was never implemented and medics still have to give you manna and bring you back to full health.

No. The way it's described in the kick-starter, has a significant difference in the meta. Currently, the medics can bring you back to full health on the field (site of injury/casualty).

The way it's described in the kick-starter, the medic can only "stabilize" the player, adding risk (easy death) if they continue on with battle and are not at full health. A retreat/shuttle back to CCP at HAB or Main would be the only way to fully restore health. 

29 minutes ago, PROTOCOL said:

No. The way it's described in the kick-starter, has a significant difference in the meta. Currently, the medics can bring you back to full health on the field (site of injury/casualty).

The way it's described in the kick-starter, the medic can only "stabilize" the player, adding risk (easy death) if they continue on with battle and are not at full health. A retreat/shuttle back to CCP at HAB or Main would be the only way to fully restore health. 

Interesting. My perception is that would be another real turn off for the average player used to our instant gratification world we live in.

From the Kickstarter:

”To take you out of this wounded state, we are including a tech structure with FOBs called the Casualty Collection Point (CCP). Players have the option now of falling back to the nearest CCP and be brought back to full strength. The analogy here is that the wounded has been evacuated and a replacement has come to the front, incurring no penalties to the team. 

Doing this gives the squad with wounded options, whether to press on at half-strength, or call in transport and evacuate the wounded so they can return to the front at full strength. It also gives pause to the squad, and if they are taking this many casualties then a change in strategy or tactics can be thought through.”

the CCP system will heavily balance the game, don’t change spawn timers but if medic can not fully heal, the fobs medic station would be more important than endless pushing, and it will make transport more valuable. Dropping off fresh troops and picking up injured ones. Also when the troops are being switched, the squad leader can share intel and make a better assault, makeing the troops get more kills, hence become fun.

Edited by Turkeysandwich6
Grammer

1 hour ago, PROTOCOL said:

At the moment you have a minute and a half or something after being revived, when you're at risk of being killed instantly, if you get downed again within that period.

So what are we proposing here that players who get incapacitated be "stabilized" and then MUST return to a CCP point on a FOB in order to be back at full health? Will they be able to continue fighting but with major handicap like grey screen and depleted stamina?

If that's the case then HELL NO. If it's implemented and I'm the SL I'd tell my squad mates to suck it up and fight handicapped or will be inclined to tell them to give up and respawn on the rally point. I will 100% not send my effective squad out of a battle to get healed by nurses. 

Please do not implement this. 

This come from a good place i can see, but the reality is that it would not make fun as gameplay wise. Being that hardcore can turn a lot of people off, and seeing the progress from the devs it looks like they want to target a more semi-hardcore to casual player demographic. 

Edited by steffenbk1

In the future when there is a possibility of 1 life tournament or some sort of hardcore realism mode, where realism is at its highest. CCP would allow for more strategic planning such as calling in a medvac (when helicopters become available), pre mission planning, etc. But for regular public servers, MOST people just want to run, gun, die, then respawn. CCP would only be a turnoff for people that would have to walk x distance to fully healed. 

I am all for the CCP but to have the option but to be able to not have it enabled on mine or anybody's server.

Edited by 75th_Tommy_12

Well the current squad community is made out of battlefield kids (see replies in thread) so probably never gonna get this because it might require a semblance of logistics and might force some tactics!! 

16 hours ago, XB0CT said:

Well the current squad community is made out of battlefield kids (see replies in thread) so probably never gonna get this because it might require a semblance of logistics and might force some tactics!! 

lol, we aren't "battlefield kids" or we would be playing battlefield. Some of us are sick of the "Immersionsssssssssssssssssssssssss REeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" kind of players that want to turn squad into some kind of mirror 1:1 image with real life or ArmA or VBS3. Squad is a competitive FPS at it's core, and NOT a military simulator. Implement CCP's all you want, but the team that ends up winning matches whether it's a pub server or a private competition are the ones that adapt to that tactic and say "Hey man you got shot? **** it, give up, **** playing with medics, respawn on the rally because it's quicker than going back to a CCP". You boys with your realism wants because you never joined up or you were some POG ass cook who never deployed can lose matches. We'll be winning while you complain about "Team Balance" on servers or Clan stacking. lol. 

And to caveat on the tactics comment, plenty of clans and veteran pub players already use tactics. Tactics are subjective. Real life tactics never work and maybe one or two things from real life are applicable to the game because people are not afraid to die. Tactics are things like knowing which points to rush and how to do it, where to place FOBs, things of that nature. Not calling out suppressive fire which is useless right now because you want to throw some lead down range which only ends up giving your position away to be killed. 
RIP

Edited by Robin Sage

43 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

Squad is a competitive FPS at it's core, 

stopped reading right here

Squad is a 50 vs. 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism

?

Edited by XB0CT

whats the point of mentioning the word competitive? every FPS ever made with MP is a competition. besides my point still stands, combat realism is the goal, and ccps would help towards it. i dont understand why you call it "milsim" when its just slowing down the game pace. also your point of SLs just telling injured to respawn is stupid, you really want to waste tickets for no reason, not very competitive then lol.

Pretty comical watching those that don't like the DEVS idea of CCPs, pick and choose what part of what the DEVS wrote to support their side of the argument. Since, we're focused on reading. The fact remains that the DEV team wrote CCP in the kick-starter documentation/advertisement as a development concept within the Pipeline. So @XB0CT is within a reasonable mindset to wonder if its still being considered, not like he's making it up.

Maybe the concern of the concept should be raised with the DEVs. Not sure what the real concern is here.  

This is also from the Kickstarter and it's unlikely that jets will make an appearance either.

Below is a chart of air vehicle types you will encounter in Squad.

Click to Enlarge

On 11/23/2017 at 5:46 PM, CptDirty said:

I'd tell my squad mates to suck it up and fight handicapped or will be inclined to tell them to give up and respawn on the rally point

What makes you think that'd be something that a player is allowed to do, if it's implemented? That's in perfect contradiction to the idea of a CCP mechanic.