Gatzby

Release - Alpha 9.13

Hey Squaddies,

Just a little drop for you before the free weekend. Enjoy!

• Added Mestia with two AAS layers, two Invasion layers and one PAAS layer.
  • Fixed Chora map border
  • Added Yehorivka Invasion v2. This layer is experimental. The Militia main base is the last flag and can only be attacked once all connecting flags are captured. At that moment, the main base protection zone disappears and the main base spawn timer for Militia increases to two minutes. Most of the vehicles have a delayed spawn so that heavier weapons become available later.

Offworld Out.

Just now, SolarLiberation said:

Is it just map layers or did you add something else too? It's 1 GB

There is a new map. Mestia. 

1 hour ago, Gatzby said:
  • Added Yehorivka Invasion v2. This layer is experimental. The Militia main base is the last flag and can only be attacked once all connecting flags are captured. At that moment, the main base protection zone disappears and the main base spawn timer for Militia increases to two minutes. Most of the vehicles have a delayed spawn so that heavier weapons become available later

Awesome! But I already hear people complaining 

"DO NOT SHOOT AT SPAWN!"

"Wadafaq"

"IM CALLING THE COPS!"

Anyway, super stroked!

Thank you. This was definitely worth an update and totally did not need to be put off until V10.

Looking forward to trying out Mestia over the weekend. It's going to be messy with the newbies all around, but hopefully I can wrangle some friends who are still on the fence about squad to jump in the game!

1 hour ago, booker2121 said:

Wow Mestia run like Sh!t on my system. Hope we get better performance with later patches.

It shouldn't, it's one of the lighter maps compared to others. Go to Settings > Game settings - Then down the bottom right should be a button clear cached user data. Click it. Try to do this after every patch, generally quite a few post patch performance issues are to do with this.

Nicely done on the new map Mestia and fixing Chora. Plays pretty smoothly and should make for a fun free weekend.

Wow! Didn't see this coming! Thx for update! :)

Great map but people will have to learn to use mortars (calculator + spread). Check the mortar guides out: LINK

Map:

There is a bug that puts you sideways after leaving a Stryker:

BTW. there is a big bridge, big hill and a long tunnel on the map ! 

Edited by ExpressDelivery

Very nice map. The sound effects or echo of gunfire in the tunnel are very cool.
GWfSTjI.png?1

^_^

Nice update, and nice map (altho fps consuming) i've been driving around a bit and found one intersection where there is "flying" part of road and u cant turn on it from one side you can see for yourselves.

Picture of position:
https://imgur.com/a/CI7IT

Very nice map it has a different feel of play, will spend some more time on it today. Only gripes I've heard from others mostly are with lighting, specifically the way the uniform and skin tones appear a bit washed-out and bright. Performance is good too 60 - 80fps.