DesmoLocke

AM General Sues Activision For Humvee

37 minutes ago, DesmoLocke said:

Seems like a rotten move on AM General's part. Why now?

Humvees are being phased out of normal front line Infantry Units AFAIK, and being given away to other countries/discarded. So they probably still want some form of profit regarding any association to the Humvee. 

Not sure how the prescription(?) laws are in the US, but a German company could've only filed a lawsuit until Dec. 31 2015 for MW3 due to the claim being in the general 3 year period.

I hope AM loses this tbh. They have the right to protect their intellectual property, but claiming it now is ****ing retarded. CoD is a well-known franchise, are we supposed to believe they only noticed it NOW, 10 years after MW1? No way in hell.

I can see where this is going. Next it will be General Dynamics going after anybody using a Stryker in a video game and so on. I guess the answer is to just make vehicles and weapons very generic and give everything similar goofy names.

Heck now a few minutes later surfing RT and I see this: https://www.rt.com/business/366477-video-games-pay-kalashnikov-trademark/

Edited by Zylfrax791
additional info

On 10/11/2017 at 3:02 AM, LugNut said:

Coming soon, BumVees and PayKay747's

actually i just remembered tht GR:Wildlands had every vehicle renamed - they'd also remodelled many to look like hybrids of known models - with hybrid names.

so not so silly a suggestion ;)

also.  BumVee is lols!