Ishian

Why are Tick rates not being addressed, at all?

So, I've managed to log 800+ hours into this game over the amount of god knows how many updates.

Why are server tick rates and actual bullet register still not being addressed? This latest patch literally killed this game for me. You can put 5 shots into someone and nothing happens 3/4 the time. The most basic fundamental mechanic for a shooter game, ya know, the shooting part, should take a little more presidence over deployment of a bi pod or even the animation patch.

Why has this not been touched?

Squad's more of a strategy game than a shooter. Tick-rate is not really going to meaningfully affect the outcome of a match, as long as it's serviceable (it is). In games like counter-strike it's pertinent because milliseconds of whether or not a deagle bullet connects before the target gets around a corner or not can determine entire rounds. In Squad FOB placement/volume and out-maneuvering the enemy is  what determines game outcome. 

Unless something dramatically changed in the last patch to degrade the quality of the "netcode" there's no reason for the developers to intensely labour to make milliseconds of improvements in a game that's much slower and more strategy based than other shooters. 

As for the actual existence of some dramatic change in the last patch that made the tick-rate go to shit, it's way more likely you're imagining it after getting shot few times when you were "totally around that corner" or whatever. If you actually think such a thing exists, report it as a bug. 

Edited by 40mmrain

58 minutes ago, Ishian said:

So, I've managed to log 800+ hours into this game over the amount of god knows how many updates.

Why are server tick rates and actual bullet register still not being addressed? This latest patch literally killed this game for me. You can put 5 shots into someone and nothing happens 3/4 the time. The most basic fundamental mechanic for a shooter game, ya know, the shooting part, should take a little more presidence over deployment of a bi pod or even the animation patch.

Why has this not been touched?

Do you yourself have a solution?

Do I have a solution? Nope, I'm not the one charging people for a game, regardless of it being in Alpha. If I did that, then probably would fix the most basic mechanical aspect of a tactical shooter. Professional answer from asshats. 

"Squad's more of a strategy game than a shooter." That is probably the most idiotic response Ive ever read to this problem. Thuroughly dumbfounded at this response. If this isnt a shooter and tactical movements come first, than maybe the shooter aspect should be improved apon prior to the new animation drop. You do realize, putting 6 rounds into people and not downing them, makes for bad game play....right?

In other words, this company doesn't care, they just wana push shit out like DICE and EA but at a slower rate. Gotcha. Good to know.

Cheers, what a ****ing joke.

16 minutes ago, Ishian said:

Do I have a solution? Nope, I'm not the one charging people for a game, regardless of it being in Alpha. If I did that, then probably would fix the most basic mechanical aspect of a tactical shooter. Professional answer from asshats. 

"Squad's more of a strategy game than a shooter." That is probably the most idiotic response Ive ever read to this problem. Thuroughly dumbfounded at this response. If this isnt a shooter and tactical movements come first, than maybe the shooter aspect should be improved apon prior to the new animation drop. You do realize, putting 6 rounds into people and not downing them, makes for bad game play....right?

In other words, this company doesn't care, they just wana push shit out like DICE and EA but at a slower rate. Gotcha. Good to know.

boo ****in hoo, I haven't had any problems like this, make sure you're not joining shit servers who can't handle the processing load.

22 minutes ago, Ishian said:

To put it politely it sounds like you're making broad generalizations. Not that it's relevant but I've got well over 2000 hours invested into Squad I've only had a few instances of totally obvious lag that impacted my driving or shooting and I'm all about the kills and mostly could care less about control points.

That said, you sound unhappy about something else related to the game you're not mentioning. I say that because the supposed problem you brought up is basically a non issue for most everyone else otherwise certainly there'd be buttloads of threads about it because if there's one thing this tiny community likes to do is whine and complain.

In regards to throwing shade on "this company" I would strenuously disagree as thus far the devs have been utterly transparent and goal oriented.

2 hours ago, Ishian said:

If this isnt a shooter and tactical movements come first, than maybe the shooter aspect should be improved apon prior to the new animation drop. You do realize, putting 6 rounds into people and not downing them, makes for bad game play....right?

1) The arrogant and rude way you talk is telling me that your big ego is making you imagine "putting six rounds in someone and not downing them," rather than it actually happening. Surely there's no way that your great self could ever just.. mess up? You totally got that guy, this game is bullshit, it was lag right? Why is it that you're the only one reporting this? Why is my experience in Squad, despite thousands of hours in countless different FPS over the years telling me that Squad's tick rate is acceptable?

2) I said the game is more of a strategic game, I didn't say tactical. In Squad the outcome of the game is determined by the ability for a team to properly maneuver its squads to attack an objective, or in defense of one. Note: spawn point placement is partially an act of maneuver because players flow out of them in a certain direction. Tactics are the methods used to carry out this strategy.

But even tactics as a whole are not stifled by having a merely adequate but not exceptional tick-rate. Does it matter if you have an extra 30 milliseconds of delay when one of half of your squad attacks from one side while the other flanks around and takes the enemy by surprise, shooting their still and exposed bodies? No. Having extremely good netcode only affects the outcome of any sort of engagement you are just trying to get into cover, when you meet someone else face to face and the quicker trigger wins, etc. These sorts of situations are not determinant of who wins a game of Squad, and they rarely even determine who wins the entirety of a short engagement between two Squads.

This is why it's pointless to spend all kinds of time to develop a super high tick-rate flawless netcode for a game like Squad. Right now Squad's is acceptable, and work should be done to have more players per server, and primitive environment destruction (just some fences and foliage please and thanks), those things would have a way more meaningful effect on the game. 

Edited by 40mmrain

3 minutes ago, 40mmrain said:

I said the game is more of a strategic game,

^ This

Also 

4 hours ago, Ishian said:

You can put 5 shots into someone and nothing happens 3/4 the time.

I have never experienced this before but you need probably needs to change server or rig or some sh!t I don't really know what tickrates is leaned toward tbh but, if you are experience (that ^) consider changing rig&server.

Lastly, chill, take some time off if you are triggered by this issue.. 

Coming in here and pointing fingers at dev. won't do any good for you trust me.

Generally tick rate is a server setting. So not really OWI issue.It's the provider. Every game has issues at times with lag ping and latency.   Can you limit these yeas , find good server low ping, have good machine. I'm glad we don't  have to set up elite connection settings,  old CS days where people caused lag to get advantage.

Low pop cap or inf only have better bullet regardiless I prefer vehicles. And lots of players. 

I have to remind you to read the forum rules, be nice to each other whatever your opinion on this topic is.

The game seriously suffers from high latency no matter the server. So, I can fully understand his frustration.  

33 minutes ago, koschilein said:

I have to remind you to read the forum rules, be nice to each other whatever your opinion on this topic is.

Ah S[...]! Popo's here! RUN! 

also if the enemy doesn't go down with 5 shots, then shoot 6 or 7. 

Looking at the PvP aspect. You need to engage the situation until it is resolved. shooting some bullets and saying "WTF" doesn't automatically kills the enemy. If you are put in a situation, challenge. Go through with it. 

Edited by samwiseOrigin

works ok for me and my ping is erratic on a good day (BT copper wires) maybe the problem is closer to home than you think.

Edited by suds
comedy

i don't seem to have a problem...and anything that encourages and rewards Lone wolf COD run and gun type play i am against... so there is that.

Living in the EU and playing on the FCV server (NA), should give me plenty of lag, but overall i really do not notice a lot of issues.

Also please do not compare the Squad devs with EA/DICE, this is in fact an alpha and things can only improve, while BF4 had massive tickrate issues very far into the full release (like a year or something?).