Gatzby

October 2017 Recap

1 hour ago, Kendo said:

Lol, somebody works for the Trump administration... :P 

Don't believe it. #fake_news

2 hours ago, Scarish said:

Incredible Recap! Thank you, dear Devs! I just wonder, why you prefered to implement the Tokarev instead of Stechkin?

Probably because the TT is a common pistol, the APS is rare as hell.

5 hours ago, KaB said:

Shotguns are already in the game, but the current code doesn't allow us to make single round reloads. We're just using fake reload dry and mag switch states for them atm, exactly like for the SKS. Single round reloads shouldn't be hard to make, but there's just too much stuff going on right now that we just can't focus on them yet, so I would safely not expect them to be in v10.

Well, dont really like the fact devs haven't fixed this issue yet if they've had shotguns complete for awhile. Moreso, I like the honesty of this post. 

Edited by FeatherSton3

Thanks for the update, everything looks awesome!

And I just want to say to the people who come here to complain: I've been here since very early and one thing that I know is the devs deliver on their promises. Some of you kids need to learn some ****ing patience. The devs job is to make the game. If they tell you when things will be done, you would complain even more. "Why would that improvement take so long? Why are you prioritizing this over that? You missed the deadline, you're all lazy!" You're lucky they tell you anything at all. It's an effort they make but they don't have to. You already bought the game.

Good things take time. If you wanna know exactly what you'll get and when, Call of Duty is perfect for you. If you want to be on a journey with the devs who have been nothing but transparent and collaborative with the community, then stick around and quit pouting.

49 minutes ago, FeatherSton3 said:

Well, dont really like the fact devs haven't fixed this issue yet if they've had shotguns complete for awhile. Moreso, I like the honesty of this post. 

Pretty much this, the best thing here are the transparent blogs/updates.

42 minutes ago, FeatherSton3 said:

The old anim system was a blocker too.

Even though the code would have been fixed, the single round reload animations couldn't be implemented at all back then (SKS got added because this specific weapon could load all bullets at once as if it was a regular reload dry). So the code fixing task for single round reloads was simply put aside and set to low priority.

The new anim system is supporting single round animations only since this summer. So the code fixing is slowly getting a higher priority on the todo list, but again: there's alerady tons of stuff above it that just wont move until they're done.

46 minutes ago, killerorange said:

You're lucky they tell you anything at all. It's an effort they make but they don't have to. You already bought the game.

This is an awful attitude to have, I supported this game from the start (Kickstarter, forum donations) and if they didn't tell us anything I would be pissed off, and rightfully so. We are all supporting the game, to tell us that we're lucky is an insult to the consumer. If this game was free then yeah sure you can of what you want with updates, you don't owe us anything, but since we have all invested in this product, we really do deserve a return.

Edited by XB0CT

1 hour ago, KaB said:

The old anim system was a blocker too.

Even though the code would have been fixed, the single round reload animations couldn't be implemented at all back then (SKS got added because this specific weapon could load all bullets at once as if it was a regular reload dry). So the code fixing task for single round reloads was simply put aside and set to low priority.

The new anim system is supporting single round animations only since this summer. So the code fixing is slowly getting a higher priority on the todo list, but again: there's alerady tons of stuff above it that just wont move until they're done.

Once again. Thanks for the explanation 

5 hours ago, XB0CT said:

This is an awful attitude to have, I supported this game from the start (Kickstarter, forum donations) and if they didn't tell us anything I would be pissed off, and rightfully so. We are all supporting the game, to tell us that we're lucky is an insult to the consumer. If this game was free then yeah sure you can of what you want with updates, you don't owe us anything, but since we have all invested in this product, we really do deserve a return.

"To tell us that we're lucky is an insult to the consumer." For me, a fellow consumer, to say we are lucky that these devs are nice guys and have no intention to screw you over, that's an insult??? I understand that you FEEL like you deserve to get something for your money, but the reality is that you and the vast majority of people who read these updates will not spend another penny on this game, and while OWI gives you updates (because they are great), there are plenty of studios out there selling alphas and falling off the radar. Like you said, it's an investment, and investments never have guaranteed returns. So my attitude is actually extremely positive because I feel like this was a very good investment, but then again I don't expect OWI to outline the exact time and date their ideas will be completed. I just expect the game to keep improving.

Regarding the m240B animations. The Army taught us to charge the weapon with our palm facing up. This is to avoid busting your knuckle open, and you have better leverage for getting the bolt back if and when you get a misfeed. This It isn't a big deal, but if you want to be authentic, that is how we are taught to use the weapon. 

Really excited to use my baby in this game! Keep up the great work!

I can't wait to get an open desert map like the one behind the UI!

Edited by fatalsushi

11 hours ago, killerorange said:

"To tell us that we're lucky is an insult to the consumer." For me, a fellow consumer, to say we are lucky that these devs are nice guys and have no intention to screw you over, that's an insult??? I understand that you FEEL like you deserve to get something for your money, but the reality is that you and the vast majority of people who read these updates will not spend another penny on this game, and while OWI gives you updates (because they are great), there are plenty of studios out there selling alphas and falling off the radar. Like you said, it's an investment, and investments never have guaranteed returns. So my attitude is actually extremely positive because I feel like this was a very good investment, but then again I don't expect OWI to outline the exact time and date their ideas will be completed. I just expect the game to keep improving.

You said we are lucky to get progress updates, and I am saying it must be expected. If OWI didn't provide updates or communication at all they would lose money as word would spread around about their poor community interaction and they would lose the faith of their supporters, so they don't just do it out of pure "goodness". You paid for a product that has promised quite a list of features, and OWI should definitely be held to that.

OWI are doing fine , it was 4 years for a bf2 update. OWI are throwing them out. OWI care enough to get a comminity officer and I would rather have devs work on the game than spend time fluffing someone's ego because they spent some money.

Oh how i hate weapon collision... especially now that different weapon behave differently depending on length. It will be hard to handle and has in every game to date that I've played freaked out in doorways, windows, around edges. Even when they wouldn't have been hard to handle in real life.. So it doesn't add to realism and it absolutely does not add to the enjoyment of the game imo.

I hope it doesn't get included in the end but the rest looks nice.

Great recap! Lot of interesting things! Weapon collision!!! That's cool!

Please fix the Weapon Collision - to a little more far away from the object, can see the weapons go though the 3DModel.
But amazing work on all the things!!!! :D

2 hours ago, daggy diddle said:

Oh how i hate weapon collision... especially now that different weapon behave differently depending on length. It will be hard to handle and has in every game to date that I've played freaked out in doorways, windows, around edges. Even when they wouldn't have been hard to handle in real life.. So it doesn't add to realism and it absolutely does not add to the enjoyment of the game imo.

I hope it doesn't get included in the end but the rest looks nice.

Handling long weapons indoors it's not easy at all in real life .... I don't know where your expiernce comes from , but as a soilder i can promise that manuvering with an assult rifle indoors it's a real pain in the ass , so that's why armies came up with bull-pops and  "commando" versions of weapons which are usually shorter versions of different weapons . 

So please our mighty devs ! Make handling long weapons indoors as annoying as possible in order make shorter weapons shine in these areas , just like in real life :)

Gatsby will the browser favourites work.  with the coming browser

19 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

I can't wait to get an open desert map like the one behind the UI!

Kashan pls

May i ask which faction would get access to the FN MAG ? i think the it would be most appropriate for the millitia to have it while the insurgents will use PKM's . 

And if i already mentioned machine guns ... Could we get a tripod buildable emplacment version of these weapons ? 

On 11/3/2017 at 12:11 PM, Smee said:

Gatsby will the browser favourites work.  with the coming browser

Not sure if that's slated for the next release, but it's something we're aware of. =)

(...sometimes you need to bookmark the test server, you know?)

3 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

Not sure if that's slated for the next release, but it's something we're aware of. =)

(...sometimes you need to bookmark the test server, you know?)

Thought that big boy was invitation open only and rare occasion.