Gatzby

The Road to Fallujah, Part 1

Anyone else noticed the bipod on the m249 in the last screenshot? Either way these new screenshots look like a completely different game, hopefully you won't go full Ubisoft on us ;)

Even tho this may not be the place to ask, will the bullet hit effects on desert/clay/middle eastern general areas be fixed to have a lot more dust and stay a lot longer? 

This also goes for the effects where you fire your weapon close to a surface, for example, a full squad in a narrow street or close to the wall or inside a house, firing at the same time produces a shitload of dust everywhere, forcing them to change position or at the very least making it hard to see, giving them away in the process. Sorry if my english is too bad , i don't know exactly how to explain this, but i've see it in war footage over the last 10 years

3 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

:o:o:o Looks amazing. 

Thank you Gatzby for the topic. Great insight into how the dev team are putting this project together.

The credit definitely goes to the mapping and environmental teams -- they're making things possible! I'm just here to help. =)

6 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

The credit definitely goes to the mapping and environmental teams -- they're making things possible! I'm just here to help. =)

I agree the mapping and environmental teams are doing some great work but I want to let you know how much I, and I believe many others, appreciate such insight into Squads development. It's one of the many reasons I backed Squad and I want to thank YOU for your efforts bringing info like this to us all.

1 hour ago, NotBrad said:

So Fallujah in V10 right, and... V10 when? Please we are starving.

it will be right after 9.12341512515

Updated the article to include a higher res shot... this one, in fact:

Fallujah_teaser_shot.jpg

Guys, holy shit, if you are able to keep that level of detail on the whole map, i will pray three times a day to Vancouver.

The attention to detail is freckin amazing, it looks gritty, it looks dirty, it looks like an actual warzone, this is what i have missed for so long on all thos "sterile" maps, especially Al -rush refinery- Basrah

Good job and keep it up :)

That looks really amazing, interesting read on your procedure too. Guess we will have some downgrade debate soon :D 

@Gatzby

Yo, can you give us these screenshots (and or more) in 4K resolution so we can decorate our desktops with the wonderful anti-beauty of fallujah?

-Edit: Disregard comment, just realized the resolution is fine

Edited by Frinz

5 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Updated the article to include a higher res shot... this one, in fact:

Fallujah_teaser_shot.jpg

:oOMFG!!! You guys are amazing I love you all ! O.o

Are we hoping for Santa this year or something for summer. 

Also will we have an infantry  version to start with progressive expansion, or is it hoped to be complete?

What's the expected size?

Hoping for answers. 

3 minutes ago, Quacken said:

I think it's a good call not to make all buildings enterable.

Hopefully on all the roofs to :)

5 hours ago, Smee said:

Are we hoping for Santa this year or something for summer. 

Also will we have an infantry  version to start with progressive expansion, or is it hoped to be complete?

What's the expected size?

Hoping for answers. 

FallujahConcept_01.png

Looking at this picture with the old Fallujah map from PR I would guess the map size to be around 2x2 or 3x3.

First image had the real city map which is a lot bigger. hoping so  looks a lot bigger

FallujahConcept_02.png

Edited by Smee

5 hours ago, Quacken said:

Looking at this picture with the old Fallujah map from PR I would guess the map size to be around 2x2 or 3x3.

It says "Map layout concept 2km x 2km" right there at the bottom left of the image  :) 

16 hours ago, Psyrus said:

It says "Map layout concept 2km x 2km" right there at the bottom left of the image  :) 

"Map layout concept" 

14 hours ago, Quacken said:

"Map layout concept" 

On 11/2/2017 at 5:27 AM, Quacken said:

Looking at this picture with the old Fallujah map from PR I would guess

You've successfully confused me

On 10/31/2017 at 9:55 AM, NotBrad said:

So Fallujah in V10 right, and... V10 when? Please we are starving.

V10 probably won’t even be out till 2018. And I’m sure this map is at least 6 months behind it. 

Holy moly this map looks great guys! Keep going, I love every map you have put out so far and looks like you're continuing on the same course in the future too!

10 hours ago, ΣT | Disgruntled03 said:

V10 probably won’t even be out till 2018. And I’m sure this map is at least 6 months behind it. 

In all actuality v9.0 came out almost more than half a year ago now.