Gatzby

Release - Alpha 9.12

lEl7yVf.jpg

From the google graph posted above it looks like the MRAP is more prominent than HMMV.  

3 minutes ago, Bash said:

lEl7yVf.jpg

From the google graph posted above it looks like the MRAP is more prominent than HMMV.  

Is that really a good source though lol

Just now, Ivorystate said:

Is that really a good source though lol

lol my bad it was supposed to be sarcastic 

Just now, Bash said:

lol my bad it was supposed to be sarcastic 

ah my bad hard to detect sarcasm on the internet.

4 minutes ago, FeatherSton3 said:

@Gatzby What licensing issues with the M1151? I really think having the M1151 adds a little more dynamics to the game. Don't think MRAP "fits" in all the maps in the game.

honestly i like the MRAP better for any map with walls.  The HMMV gunner cant see/shoot over any.

You can disable vehicle claiming now on your own community server! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA. You guys rule

11 minutes ago, Axel said:

Instead of adding Layers for maps, how about dynamic AAS like PR had?

That's what I was hoping for but the programmers probably have their hands full with the anim system.

• Added new grass system on Fool's Road.

are you guys getting high. :)

What's with the new grass system. any details. 

On 28.10.2017 at 1:12 AM, Gatzby said:
  • Vehicle claiming is now a server config parameter "VehicleClaimingDisabled=false/true" and can be disabled on licensed servers too.

Well, at least there is a choice.

43 minutes ago, Smee said:
  • Added new grass system on Fool's Road.

are you guys getting high. :)

What's with the new grass system. any details. 

Could be the new grass system that Axton talked about in this thread:

By the way, I also wonder what the licensing issues are with the Humvees. Is it with the person who modeled the asset?

12 hours ago, Axel said:

Instead of adding Layers for maps, how about dynamic AAS like PR had?

I still hope this feature gets implemented someday :3

On 2017-10-30 at 8:09 PM, Chompster said:

How is less variety nice..?

Also

I thought that was the whole point of custom servers? Are licensed servers not suppose to provide a base for at least a somewhat consistent and quality gameplay experience? Either they're now going to have to put it in their server name or it's going to be hit or miss with trolls driving off with vehicles and having to spend forever finding a new server where people speak your language.

/minirant

See it as a good option. This will keep the weirdos out of the serious servers and mass serious players into servers that want to play fair.

I remember in PR when this was not implemented, someone grab your vehicle the server would hunt you down, give you a shouting and kick/ban you.

Then I guess 9.12 is not much of an add so they just had to add something so ppl could talk about 9.12

Edited by nicoX

On 10/30/2017 at 5:07 PM, Fritz45 said:

The Oshkosh is not a MRAP as its a replacement for the Humvee and is taking up the same purpose only it does it 100 times better.   

The MAT-V isn't the replacement vehicle you are thinking of. That is actually the JLTV which looks very similar but is smaller than the MAT-V. However, the humvees are still going to be around for a good long while.

Edited by Tennessee

On 10/27/2017 at 6:12 PM, Gatzby said:
All invasion layers no longer allow flags being recapped by the defending team.

YES! Will allow for more direct and intense firefights. 1 Big attack wave vs 1 big defense. YAY!!

5 hours ago, _randombullet said:

So 88 more patches till v10. neat.

Hey look at the bright side, at least Chris Roberts has absolutely nothing to do with Offworld Industries right?

20 hours ago, nicoX said:

See it as a good option. This will keep the weirdos out of the serious servers and mass serious players into servers that want to play fair.

I remember in PR when this was not implemented, someone grab your vehicle the server would hunt you down, give you a shouting and kick/ban you.

Then I guess 9.12 is not much of an add so they just had to add something so ppl could talk about 9.12

But it doesn't, it's the exact opposite. This should be an option only for "Custom servers" so people that want to **** around like that can do it there. But they're now making it an option for "normal" servers as well so now it's going to happen in there too. This is giving admins(if there even are any online) even more work to do when they have to deal with asshats.

Edited by Chompster

The new prone player movement collision is much to big. The old one was perfect. Please change it back. Because every time I wasn't able to get through a gab, but It was possible in real life, you could lay down to get through.