Gatzby

Release - Alpha 9.12

Hey Squaddies,

We've got some fresh layers for you, with no small thanks to community members Bill Nye and Nordic for their offerings direct from the Squad SDK. Read on for the rest of the fixes and changes.

• Added Yehorivka AAS INF v2, Yehorivka PAAS v1 and Narva AAS v3 by Bill Nye the Science Guy.
  • Added Gorodok Vehicle Skirmish v1 by Nordic.
  • Added Al Basrah PAAS v2.
  • All invasion layers no longer allow flags being recapped by the defending team.
  • Optimized performance on Yehorivka, Kohat, Chora, Fool's Road and OP First Light.
  • Added new grass system on Fool's Road.
  • Vehicle claims can now be approved by SLs even when they are incapacitated.
  • Vehicle claiming is now a server config parameter "VehicleClaimingDisabled=false/true" and can be disabled on licensed servers too.
  • Fixed admin access levels: all are working now independent (without kick rights).
  • Tweaked prone player movement collision.
  • Applied a fix to Nvidia PhysX fixing a client crash.
  • Applied a fix to Nvidia PhyxX fixing freezes on Linux servers.
  • Fixed certain sounds of nearby players not getting played.
  • Updated the EAC plugin.
  • Fixed a client crash on a possible timing issue on loading into a server that is changing maps.
  • Fixed a rare client crash related to the compass.
  • Fixed a crash preventing the recording of netprofiles.
  • Fixed Kokan INS main base repair stations not working
  • Removed all M1151 variants due to licensing issues and replaced them with MAT-V variants.

Offworld Out.

> Removed all M1151 variants due to licensing issues and replaced them with MAT-V variants.

Noice

Edited by Yeonek

8 minutes ago, Yeonek said:

> Removed all M1151 variants due to licensing issues and replaced them with MAT-V variants.

Noice

How is less variety nice..?

Also

On 10/28/2017 at 12:12 AM, Gatzby said:
Vehicle claiming is now a server config parameter "VehicleClaimingDisabled=false/true" and can be disabled on licensed servers too.

I thought that was the whole point of custom servers? Are licensed servers not suppose to provide a base for at least a somewhat consistent and quality gameplay experience? Either they're now going to have to put it in their server name or it's going to be hit or miss with trolls driving off with vehicles and having to spend forever finding a new server where people speak your language.

/minirant

Edited by Chompster

Just now, Chompster said:

Easier to hit.

1 minute ago, Chompster said:

He put rainbow colors on the letters, probably means it's gay ;)

I don't see why they had licensing issues when many other games have humvees.. Seems a bit wierd.

Nice update, shame about M1151's any idea will we get them back soon or at all ?
And i guess v10 in 3 weeks ? :P:P

Its gonna be an issue on certain maps, those towers on wheels stick up a lot.

now the RU vs US maps wont make any sense, US army would never deploy MRAPs in conventional warfare. 

1 hour ago, XB0CT said:

now the RU vs US maps wont make any sense, US army would never deploy MRAPs in conventional warfare. 

The Oshkosh is not a MRAP as its a replacement for the Humvee and is taking up the same purpose only it does it 100 times better.   

Edited by Fritz45

On 28/10/2017 at 12:12 AM, Gatzby said:
  • Removed all M1151 variants due to licensing issues and replaced them with MAT-V variants.

mah hart mah sole

Nooooo, not the humvee :'(
I loved it

(and great job for all the new content)

Edited by Naikel [FR]

50 minutes ago, Fritz45 said:

The Oshkosh is not a MRAP as its a replacement for the Humvee and is taking up the same purpose only it does it 100 times better.   

its slower than a HMMV, game represents the modern timeline, HMMVs would be used not Oshkosh in a conventional conflict

Removed all M1151 variants due to licensing issues and replaced them with MAT-V variants.

no beloved hummvies? :(

but thx for update... yet :_(

THX for update and for the had work guys :)

35 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Looking forward to seeing how performance has been improved.

+1

EDIT : still getting big FPS drops on Fool's Road...

Edited by Nightstalker21
After in game test

4 hours ago, Yeonek said:

Noo! I loved those vehicles. Made the game fun in a different kind of way. 

1 hour ago, XB0CT said:

its slower than a HMMV, game represents the modern timeline, HMMVs would be used not Oshkosh in a conventional conflict

Ohh wait, I thought they would be replacing the Humvee with the JTLV, not the MRAP.

Edited by Fritz45

4 minutes ago, Fritz45 said:

Ohh wait, I thought they would be replacing the Humvee with the JTLV, not the MRAP.

atm its a little bit up in the air from what ive seen, the US army still fields alot of hmmvs currently

1 minute ago, XB0CT said:

atm its a little bit up in the air from what ive seen, the US army still fields alot of hmmvs currently

Yes, but they would make sense in the game if the Humvees would be taken out and they have a model of them already. I'm essentially saying I'm not to torn up about the no Humvee thing. I just kinda think they are a pos, but that's my opinion lol.