Sign in to follow this  
¡Matador!

Headset causing me Lag

Hello All,

My USB headset has been causing me mini freezing since 9.8. I only realized it in the past week. Basically, my game freezes with my headset plugged in, but as soon as I remove the cable, the game does not minifreeze anymore, and I can play normally forever. (without sound) My drivers are up to date, (its a Sades headset), but I don't know why this happens. It mainly freezes when I'm driving, shooting or using a gun emplacement. I bought a stereo headset a few days ago, and that seemed to solve the problem, but after a few hours of playing lag free, that started giving me issues as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Ps, I have verifed cache dozens of times, and all my drivers are up to date.

It freezes because of the hard drive fragmentation. Search for fragment and page file words on this forum:

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/29570-kit-equipement-management/

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/29224-page-file-and-squad/

Read topics about fragmentation and page file for Squad. If you have only a single HDD on your PC, you want to defragment your drive(where Squad is located) by name and put page file right after Squad folder, then let everything else that should've go after Squad folder to be after Squad and Page File.

Hello Skul. 

thanks for your reply.

I do have a single HDD. What do you mean by by putting a page file right after Squad folder?  I don't really understand what you meant by your last paragraph. Cheers

On 11/4/2017 at 10:38 PM, ¡Matador! said:

Hello Skul. 

thanks for your reply.

I do have a single HDD. What do you mean by by putting a page file right after Squad folder?  I don't really understand what you meant by your last paragraph. Cheers

You want to make it like this:

FC93om5.png

The easiest way to do this is to do it like this:

1. Remove page file from logical drive where squad is located.

2. Put Squad folder into root folder of your logical drive and rename it to something like z.Squad, so it is the last folder on this drive by name.

3. Defragment this drive by name, so Squad will be at the very end of the used space on this drive.

4. Right after defragmentation add 8-16 GB of page file to the drive.

5. Reboot right after you add page file to the drive.

This way your page file will be right after Squad folder and when your PC has to load and unload stuff for Squad, actuator arm on your HDD will have to do as less movements as possible.

PS When you reply, you want to tag people like this: @¡Matador! or quote their message, so they get a notification that someone replied to them. I just randomly noticed this message, never got any notifications obviously.

Edited by Skul