Sign in to follow this  
-MG

Core invetory - Vehicle ordnance

So with the whole core inventory thing. Does it mean that tanks will be capable of holding HE rounds and APFSDS rounds ?.
What about tanks/IFV's ?, will there be models that can hold IR guided AT missiles ?.
What about CAS choppers will they be capable of loading custom armaments with limited payload ?. Or will they all be limited to dumb fire rockets and turret ?.
This question was more aimed towards choppers as depending on the model and year build they can have a wide variety of ordnance, therefor i wondered if custom setups are possible at main's ?.

Mi24 for example can hold s5/s8 pods, Radio ATGMs, FAB dumb bombs or RBK cluster bombs. Can do a wide variety of tasks depending on what support is required. But will that option be held open or is it possible with the core inventory system ?.

As far as i know, multiple ammunition types for Vehicles are definitely planned and will come with or after the CI stuff.

39 minutes ago, -MG said:

So with the whole core inventory thing. Does it mean that tanks will be capable of holding HE rounds and APFSDS rounds ?.
What about tanks/IFV's ?, will there be models that can hold IR guided AT missiles ?.
What about CAS choppers will they be capable of loading custom armaments with limited payload ?. Or will they all be limited to dumb fire rockets and turret ?.
This question was more aimed towards choppers as depending on the model and year build they can have a wide variety of ordnance, therefor i wondered if custom setups are possible at main's ?.

Mi24 for example can hold s5/s8 pods, Radio ATGMs, FAB dumb bombs or RBK cluster bombs. Can do a wide variety of tasks depending on what support is required. But will that option be held open or is it possible with the core inventory system ?.

According to Reddit Posts and the Discord posts/Monthly Recap, A10/CoreInv will allow for multiple Ammo types on any vehicle/weapon. From Mortars to IFV's. 

I could be wrong however. 

31 minutes ago, -MG said:

Look i think that when it comes to vehicles core inventory will allow them to use multiple types of ammunition , but i wouldn't want to have customaztion for vehicles what so ever , becuase it would require alot more balancing ( same for weapon attachements in my opinion ) , but i DO want to see as many variations for every vehicle ( and for weapons aswell with different attachemts ) but i would'nt want it to be a player choise but rather a Map-depended thing where the map creator will be able to decide what weapons ( with which attachements ) will be available for every kit ( about 2 premade weapon choises for the player like in Project reality ) , and what vehicles ( with which varations ) will be available for every faction , and in that way allow map makers to better balance thier maps . 

And in addition this wouldn't require balancing different attachements for weapons and in this case ammo types for vehicles or vehicle versions overall , just for the map maker to make it that if a certian team gets a powerful vehicles varation the other team should get something to counter them with .

On 23-10-2017 at 5:44 PM, L0cation said:

Look i think that when it comes to vehicles core inventory will allow them to use multiple types of ammunition , but i wouldn't want to have customaztion for vehicles what so ever , becuase it would require alot more balancing ( same for weapon attachements in my opinion ) , but i DO want to see as many variations for every vehicle ( and for weapons aswell with different attachemts ) but i would'nt want it to be a player choise but rather a Map-depended thing where the map creator will be able to decide what weapons ( with which attachements ) will be available for every kit ( about 2 premade weapon choises for the player like in Project reality ) , and what vehicles ( with which varations ) will be available for every faction , and in that way allow map makers to better balance thier maps . 

And in addition this wouldn't require balancing different attachements for weapons and in this case ammo types for vehicles or vehicle versions overall , just for the map maker to make it that if a certian team gets a powerful vehicles varation the other team should get something to counter them with .

I see where you're going at, i was thinking about it aswel at 1st for choppers to have a tied loadout per map/gamestyle. 
Custom loadouts will probably lead to apaches with 16 Hellfire 114 radar guided missiles and Mi 24's with 4 S8 pods good for 80x80mm rockets.
Not sure what you mean with the balance, helos are one big target in the sky to get shot at by anything that is capable of firing ordnance (50cal vehicles, canons from IFV, AA canon, MANPADS).

How Effective or OP a CAS heli is if you will, really depends on the flight physics and how the weapons will be operated more then what it can hold. 
If the flying and firing of ordnance requires a learning curve as understanding of aircraft behaviour depending on variables like speed, angle of attack, altitude, ascending/descending response form rotorsblades switching then you'll need one skilled person to cause hell on the enemy.  

Now for tanks, custom loadout is no biggie. Shells are build to fit the barrel. But APFSDS is not a 1 go solution to everything. 
You'll need HE rounds for infantry. Hell, even HEAT, for against APC's maybe. Could use APFSDS but what if they're limited and you have to deal with enemy tanks ?.