samwiseOrigin

Help me finding GPU

Hello 

H81M-HDS
4790(non K)
1050 2GB
12G RAM 
I am thinking about going to 1070 1070OC(GDDR5 8GVRAM)as my GPU 
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. 
I can pull of mostly high settings but it does lag a bit in main when alot of people decided to stump on me. 

I am not planning to change my CPU or motherboard any time soon. I can go 8+8 as Ram if necessary. 

Thank you all!
--------------
Would 1070 ti not necessary? Just curious 
Edited by samwiseOrigin

Depends on avarage FPS target @ given Resolution .

60 FPS 1080P ~GTX1060 6GB LVL

60 FPS 1440P ~ 1070OC LVL

60 FPS 4K ~ 1080Ti LVL

UE 4 is pretty CPU demanding with raising Resolution. This only applies when there is no CPU Bottleneck ofc.

1 hour ago, moppel said:

60 FPS 1080P ~GTX1060 6GB LVL

I have this GPU and it is great at 1080P. Granted it's paired with a 12 core 4930K but it's holding up very very well. I saw a considerable difference between my old GTX 770 2GB and the new GTX 1060 6GB. Love it! 

9 hours ago, moppel said:

I know there are factory OC version of 1070 

As far as i know, my board H81M-HDS does not allow OC. Does it only for OC of CPU or GPU as well?

Also Does 1070 non OC and OC makes that much difference?

9 hours ago, wingman9 said:

Seems like you already know what GPU you'd like. What do you need us to find?

Just trying to hear people's opinion on best GPU for my CPU. I think i am getting close but just making sure

8 hours ago, CptDirty said:

have this GPU and it is great at 1080P. Granted it's paired with a 12 core 4930K but it's holding up very very well. I saw a considerable difference between my old GTX 770 2GB and the new GTX 1060 6GB. Love it! 

1050 has been the pain in the ass before I changed to 4790 from g3420...  I have been bottlenecking HARD on previous CPU. Not so much on the current one. I am just trying to move step by step. 

Edited by samwiseOrigin

10 hours ago, moppel said:

I know there are factory OC version of 1070 

As far as i know, my board H81M-HDS does not allow OC. Does it only for OC of CPU or GPU as well?

*clarification* I have been looking at 1070OC at this whole time - orginal text edited. My question still stands

9 hours ago, wingman9 said:

Seems like you already know what GPU you'd like. What do you need us to find?

Just trying to hear people's opinion on best GPU for my CPU. I think i am getting close but just making sure

8 hours ago, CptDirty said:

have this GPU and it is great at 1080P. Granted it's paired with a 12 core 4930K but it's holding up very very well. I saw a considerable difference between my old GTX 770 2GB and the new GTX 1060 6GB. Love it! 

1050 has been the pain in the ass before I changed to 4790 from g3420...  I have been bottlenecking HARD on previous CPU. Not so much on the current one. I am just trying to move step by step. 

Would 1070ti over kill? I am not just buy my stuff JUST to max squad out...  I need to see this as a future proof at least 3 to 5 years... 

I dont plan to change my CPU as of yet but 1070 ti would be a nice collection to have..

1070 ti is not necessary. A 1070 is an excellent card. 970s are still relevant, too, and would be a fine card for the budget minded.

Basicly not even a 1080Ti is overkill even with a 1080P Monitor , you can still activate DSR , SQUAD benifits pretty good from it in regards of distance visibility and pixelation.

I Did  some test in Singelplayer a while back with a OC 1080 (2154/5500 Mhz ) on a 4,4 Ghz 5820K and was partially GPU Limited in 1440P , 4k was allready unter 60 FPS min due GPU to Weak ,so get the strongest GPU you can your buget allows.