Don’t quite know if this has been suggested yet but one thing I’ve found to be a nuisance in squad is being tasked as medic and having to run into gunfire to heal someone while receiving rounds, having the ability to drag injured and unconscious players to cover would be both convenient as well as immersive. While it would be a ideal ability for medic based players giving it to everyone would also add to the usefulness of the effect. (I looked through 10pages of suggestions so if someone already suggested it I give them credit for it) There could also be a 3 step system implemented too with one being dragging said injured player, another being to wrap their arm around your shoulder and drag them to saftetly and then the third would be able to lift them and carry them over your shoulder in doing so you can both crouch or run/walk with player on your back till medical attention would be available.

I’m still new to the forums but I’m glad to join and hope to fulfill my role as medic!

Dragging is a confirmed feature that will come in time.

Oh and win the firefight first, then worry about healing people. Most medics just rush in and get themselves killed. If you've received an order to get friendlies up when under heavy fire then tell your SL to wind his neck in!

45 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Oh and win the firefight first, then worry about healing people. Most medics just rush in and get themselves killed. If you've received an order to get friendlies up when under heavy fire then tell your SL to wind his neck in!

This is the best tips for medics!

And don't forget the smokes, put them between the wunded guy and the menace and not right above the wounded corpse.

And each smoke granate is different, the REDFOR's one release the smoke on each extremitys so is better to put the smoke right tn the center from where do you want the smoke's screen. For BLUFOR's one the smoke is released on from the top of the granate, so i better to trow it more on the left/right.

I also tell my squaddies that if they get killed out in the open or in an exposed area that I'm not even going to try. I'm way more valuable to the squad alive than dead. I'll take more risks for the SL and the other medic in that order, you and a SL can set a rally and turn things around, so focus on keeping him and yourself alive when things go sideways. There's enough time on the revive clock that you can often regroup, come back in, clear the area and safely get your guys back up. 

10 hours ago, Melbo said:

It’s good to know that they’ve already thought about adding it can’t wait to see what they come up with, and it’s common sense thing to not run head on, though a few times the SL think the best option is to rush in and heal fallen solder or more precisely the SL... Though I just recently got into being sl myself I always have the medics hang back and be our second line of attack or defense because they are the life lines between win and defeat many times.

On 2017. 10. 20. at 7:06 PM, Melbo said:

Yay

i completely agree with 

On 2017. 10. 20. at 7:06 PM, Melbo said:

win the firefight first, then worry about healing people.

Whenever I play medic and put into this specific occasion, I play like this 
1. I go both squad/local voice "Do not give up" immediately - it's not necessary for them to give up 5 seconds after they go down. A. Still stuck in spawn timer. B. If we win the fight, medic doesn't get to play medic

On 2017. 10. 20. at 7:59 PM, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

And don't forget the smokes, put them between the wunded guy and the menace and not right above the wounded corpse.

2. No smokes, Depends (Higly depends on situation) - Smokes only give advantages to medics. Also if you are in a flanking squad, it gives away your position. 

Also AR can easily mow down smokes if situation is given correctly.  and not to mention marksman still aiming for that downed body.. I hate this! 

3. Check your maps. If you want to be that "YOLO" medic and smoke, run,revive, fall back? Do it! You gotta have some fun. However, do it when you know there are at least one more medic nearby u so if you go down. all the squaddies and blueberries dont bleed to death. 

4.Check your maps and call it out when you go down. 

You need to vocalize to your squad that how many medics in your squad went down. If you stay silent after you(as a medic) go down, it effects team stragedy. "One medic down" "Both medic down". "No medics nearby. you are all alone in this" helps other players to become aware. 

Peace!

Edited by samwiseOrigin

10 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

for you, it is

how would you know?  Ive got more hours in the medic class than any other... and with nearly 2000 ingame hours that's a lot... but medic is a waste of resource right now because it does nothing other than save a ticket for someone who gives up multiple times in a round.

Edited by embecmom

34 minutes ago, embecmom said:

how would you know?  Ive got more hours in the medic class than any other... and with nearly 2000 ingame hours that's a lot... but medic is a waste of resource right now because it does nothing other than save a ticket for someone who gives up multiple times in a round.

You mean reviving a SL, AT, another medic etc is not so important because it ONLY saves ticket loss? You undervalue the role. As you've played it the most you already know that but your comment says otherwise.

1 hour ago, embecmom said:

don't deviate from the main topic. I don't really care whether you have 2 hrs or 2000 hours in this game. Also as 

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

You mean reviving a SL, AT, another medic etc is not so important because it ONLY saves ticket loss? You undervalue the role. As you've played it the most you already know that but your comment says otherwise.

states 

reviving SLs in combats flips table of turns very quickly... I only have just over 100hrs on this and I know this already... Wonder why you don't see the importance of medics.... 

4 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

don't deviate from the main topic. I don't really care whether you have 2 hrs or 2000 hours in this game. Also as 

states 

reviving SLs in combats flips table of turns very quickly... I only have just over 100hrs on this and I know this already... Wonder why you don't see the importance of medics.... 

you look at the role  in a rather simple way.... the Medic should be a very powerful unit but is reduced to little more than saving the odd ticket for someone else to waste... to be truly useful those saves should attribute tickets to the squad the medic is with.. for instance if at the end of a match we have 10 tickets left and I have saved 10 people.. if I heal someone and save one of those tickets another person who doesn't care will giveup... and respawn.. so all the hard work the squad puts in staying alive with the medic is basically useless as vehicles and people in other squads don't care.. 

now if I had saved 10 people and those tickets were attributed from the pool to my squad then that's a whole squad able to spawn in at the end of the game which could be a game changer or indeed keep those tickets away from those that don't care and will use the spawns...

so whilst I agree with you that a medic can get an SL up it is rare that the medic contribution is reward for the effort medics put in for the squad and for the team as a whole...

in a match I had 20 revives... we lost the match.. looking at the other squads no medics or medics with lower than 5 revives amongst them... so those 20 tickets I saved were wasted by other squads... this is why the medic role right now is futile exercise on public servers.

Edited by Melbo
Unacceptable comment removed

Ever since we took the binoculars from medics there's been a decline in the appeal of the role. It's more common nowadays to ask for 2 medics practically beg whereas in the past they did fill up quicker and used properly. Damn shame. 

A good medic will significantly prolong the up time of the squad which can translate into more lethal tactics and objective capping but those medics are hard to come by. When I do see a medic working hard to keep the squad alive I give them all the praise!

:S 

6 hours ago, embecmom said:

you look at the role  in a rather simple way.... the Medic should be a very powerful unit but is reduced to little more than saving the odd ticket for someone else to waste...

Second sentence shows that it is you who sees the role rather simple way. I started to play squad since July or August so I don't really know what 'nerftardation' was applied to medic according to @CptDirty medic used to have binoculars? 

for instance if at the end of a match we have 10 tickets left and I have saved 10 people

exactly! You did your job as to serve medical purpose. 

if I heal someone and save one of those tickets another person who doesn't care will giveup... and respawn.. so all the hard work the squad puts in staying alive with the medic is basically useless as vehicles and people in other squads don't care.. 

I can see the frustration in this situation that's why I 

On 2017. 10. 23. at 10:49 AM, samwiseOrigin said:

Whenever I play medic and put into this specific occasion, I play like this 
1. I go both squad/local voice "Do not give up" immediately - it's not necessary for them to give up 5 seconds after they go down. A. Still stuck in spawn timer. B. If we win the fight, medic doesn't get to play medic

do this. If they give up and lose tickets. it's on them not you. It has nothing to with whether the medic is useless or not. 

n a match I had 20 revives... we lost the match.. looking at the other squads no medics or medics with lower than 5 revives amongst them... so those 20 tickets I saved were wasted by other squads... this is why the medic role right now is futile exercise on public servers.

I've gone through the same experience. Trust me. It's not on you or me. It's the players' knowledge of forming ideal squads. It has nothing to do with

whether the medic is useless or not. 

9 hours ago, embecmom said:

we lost the match.. looking at the other squads no medics or medics with lower than 5 revives amongst them... so those 20 tickets I saved were wasted by other squads...

That's why I see SL's keep asking for 2 LATs and 2 Medics when people join in the beginning. I have seen numerous SLs kicking riflemen w/o optics or marksman when their needs are not fulfilled. That's the right thing to do IMO