Smee

Squad leader play style. (non progression)

At many times people seem to think SL just means shouting at players, but theres so much more. Here's some of my thoughts on how I would categorise  Squadleading. . It's not just are you going to be the  SL its more what SL are you going to be playing as. What levels of SL you think I missed out. 

It's not that you have only one level of sl you could have multiple  levels to your Squad leading. 

• Join the game just looking to get some frags. 
  • Take assets and just want to get frags
  • NO mic.
  • Creates squad then leaves.

Combatant

• Par taking in a coordinating squad to keep people upto date on progress.
  • Working to capture the attack flag. 
  • Defending the flag.
  • Supply fobs so to increase defence, motars.
  • Working  with comms.

Squad  Member

• Create communications with your squad.
  • Defending a flag to give time for others to attack.
  • Co-ordinate other squads, to attempt at team strenght.
  • Multi tasking  with squadmates, and blueberries.

Operarator

• Working out if your manpower can take the flag.
  • Create avenues of attack other than straight at the flag.
  • Look for tactical chance to improve spawning positions.
  • Detailed planning of battle.

Bob the Builder

• Create FOB with HAB
  • Extensive building of defences to create Super fob status

Defender

•  Creation of FSB(firebase), HAB and Mortars 
  • Maximise logistic resupply with constant mortar
  • Use of 50 cals to provide cover and area denial.

Shock

• Create fob on Flag for denial of capture. 
  • Thinking of competitive play, level of opposition.
  • Deep insertion withing enemy territory.
  • Armoured assault 

Strategist

• Promote flanking and non linear lines of attack.
  • Try to establish intelligence , FOB/HAB positions prior to attack.
  • Calculate, ticket loss while attempting to juggle losses.
  • Establish enemy numbers with your squads.
  • Understanding the cost of Assest  
  • Promote infrastructure.

Commander

• Work with various squads.
  • Create multiple attacks with mutiple squads.
  • Promote inter squad communications.
  • Do Admin and SL at same time. 
  • Real time tactical analysis of friendly/enemy forces. 

Reservist

• Casters, they are a class unto themselves. 
  • Seeders
  • ADMIN.(afk)

Just something to chew over. :)

Edited by Smee

Yeah there's some redundant things here. You broke most of it down and separated into different categories but sometimes your own dynamic as a Squad Lead will switch between these categories as different situations will present themselves over the course of the round and you'll have to react or change your overall tactic. 

Also if you really wanted to break all of this down you could've made this list A LOT shorter.....

yeah could have had good or bad. lol 

Yeah was thinking might give new SL's something to think about. 

I'd rather just have like a couple ranks based on rounds won and lost.

So say you win 10 games as a SL you get rank one.
You win 50 games + you lose 50 games you get rank two.
You win 120 games + you lose 120 games you get rank three.

That way you can kinda tell how much experience a SL has.

1 hour ago, Peerun said:

At this level of development, not necessary. Maybe *IF* dev decided to implement award system. 

I only can see this can be abused under certain circumstance tho :( 

1 hour ago, Peerun said:

I think this is an interesting idea. I'd suggest you gather everyone together that wishes to find ways to determine a squad leader's experience level,  hash out ideas and create a mod to do what you want.

43 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

At this level of development, not necessary. Maybe *IF* dev decided to implement award system. 

I only can see this can be abused under certain circumstance tho :( 

how

20 minutes ago, Peerun said:

how

1. If this system gets applied, people, even I, will go check if my SL is rank one, two or three. Or not in the rank. 

if that happens, people will prefer certain SL over other SL resulting unbalance within the team itself.

2. At this level of development, all you get at the end of round is your score, K/D and bunch of people moaning in the chat (actual moaning..)

20 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

1. If this system gets applied, people, even I, will go check if my SL is rank one, two or three. Or not in the rank. 

if that happens, people will prefer certain SL over other SL resulting unbalance within the team itself.

2. At this level of development, all you get at the end of round is your score, K/D and bunch of people moaning in the chat (actual moaning..)

1. how is that abuse thats the point
2. thats not even a reason

Was not meant as a level number. But a way of thinking.  Its more the stages of thought yoy go through as a learning SL. 

3 hours ago, Peerun said:

1. how is that abuse thats the point

So you want to segregate player base? Are you for real?

3 hours ago, Peerun said:

2. thats not even a reason

ATM, we do not get award, chance of having SL ranks before award system is slim to none

5 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

So you want to segregate player base? Are you for real?

Are you really thinking before you post or are you just posting? What is the problem with being able to choose a more experienced SL? How are you going to "unbalance" the team by having people join squads?

btw you guys totally hijacked this thread and are talking about something completely irrelevant eh....

OP just wanted to tell us about his ways of playing the Squad Lead role. Who the hell is talking about awards....

it's what level your thinking. What plateau of your level of thought.  You never heard of it said that way.   

Rank and progressions have been mentioned many times. It was more where your thinking goes too.  

51 minutes ago, Peerun said:

what does the level in the title of the thread mean then?

By level he's referring to the tactics. He's basically describing different play styles of a Squad Leader. 

why
it'd be a cool thing if you made it into that questionaire thing that gives you a dectagon at the end

Edited by Peerun

On 10/19/2017 at 9:57 PM, Smee said:

What levels of SL you think I missed out. 

THE SQUAD GENERALISSIMO(aka colonel-100, aka try-harding-no-lifer)

Image result for BFF friends 100 colonel

• Works to capture the attack flag.
  • Rotates to defending the flag when all blueberries went full-retard-attacking mode.
  • Drops attacking and also defensive FOBs during the match, put HABs, Repair Stations and ammo crates for teammates, makes sure squads mates dig it all the time.
  • Kills lots of enemies during a round ending as MVP on the whole server having more than twice kills than a guy on the second place after him.
  • Supplies FOBs, so vehicles have repair and ammo points to repair and resupply.
  • Multi tasking  with squad mates and blueberries.
  • Deep insertion within enemy territory.
  • Tries to establish intelligence , FOB/HAB positions prior to attack.
  • Calculates ticket loss while attempting to juggle losses.
  • Understands the cost of Assets.
  • Promotes infrastructure.
  • Works with various squads.
  • Creates multiple attacks with multiple squads.
  • Promotes inter squad communications.
  • Does Admin and SL at same time. 

Sometimes you see that kind of stuff from different try-harding clans, when you see something like that, they usually end up with 200-300 kill and about 30-40 deaths at the end of the round: they put FOBs, repair stations, ammo crates and rallies; they use armored and light vehicles; they rotate from attacking to defending flags and vise versa; they help other blueberries rotating using their vehicles because blueberries ditched their vehicles in the middle of nowhere or just lost them; they kill tonns of enemies, etc, etc., usually affecting results of the match more than all other blueberry squads combined and multiplied by 10.

Happens very rarely, but that's how Squad is supposed to be played!

Edited by Skul

On 10/20/2017 at 8:49 PM, Buster Heimann said:

Are you really thinking before you post or are you just posting? What is the problem with being able to choose a more experienced SL? How are you going to "unbalance" the team by having people join squads?

I am the one who's not thinking.... yea sure 

Sure why don't we have a squad of 9 members all 500+hrs with high rank Sl and other blueberries with no brainers ay?

14 hours ago, Skul said:

THE SQUAD GENERALISSIMO(aka colonel-100, aka try-harding-no-lifer)

Image result for BFF friends 100 colonel

• Works to capture the attack flag.
  • Rotates to defending the flag when all blueberries went full-retard-attacking mode.
  • Drops attacking and also defensive FOBs during the match, put HABs, Repair Stations and ammo crates for teammates, makes sure squads mates dig it all the time.
  • Kills lots of enemies during a round ending as MVP on the whole server having more than twice kills than a guy on the second place after him.
  • Supplies FOBs, so vehicles have repair and ammo points to repair and resupply.
  • Multi tasking  with squad mates and blueberries.
  • Deep insertion within enemy territory.
  • Tries to establish intelligence , FOB/HAB positions prior to attack.
  • Calculates ticket loss while attempting to juggle losses.
  • Understands the cost of Assets.
  • Promotes infrastructure.
  • Works with various squads.
  • Creates multiple attacks with multiple squads.
  • Promotes inter squad communications.
  • Does Admin and SL at same time. 

Sometimes you see that kind of stuff from different try-harding clans, when you see something like that, they usually end up with 200-300 kill and about 30-40 deaths at the end of the round: they put FOBs, repair stations, ammo crates and rallies; they use armored and light vehicles; they rotate from attacking to defending flags and vise versa; they help other blueberries rotating using their vehicles because blueberries ditched their vehicles in the middle of nowhere or just lost them; they kill tonns of enemies, etc, etc., usually affecting results of the match more than all other blueberry squads combined and multiplied by 10.

Happens very rarely, but that's how Squad is supposed to be played!

I feel targeted :/

4 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

I am the one who's not thinking.... yea sure 

Sure why don't we have a squad of 9 members all 500+hrs with high rank Sl and other blueberries with no brainers ay?

I always join the most experienced squad leader on the server. I never join jokes which came from Battlefield/Arma/CoD/Whatever and which think they know everything better than other people when in fact they know exactly jack about Squad.

That's fine when people don't know the game, when people don't know, they ask, I always tell them the answer(if I know it obviously) and try to advice them based on their question. Problem starts when people don't know anything about the game but they act and talk to other people like they know everything about the game better than anybody else there on the planet Earth(That's like 95% of Squad and gamer community in general). I tried to advice them how to play properly and what to do but I usually got kicked from the squad. That's the same reason I don't play as a squad leader myself: most people are not doing what I tell them, they just run around and die.

So I found a solution for myself: don't play with noobs and scrubs in the same squad. I only play this game with other people who actually understand this game in the same squad. What I mean is I join a squad leader who understands the game, so we will actually have FOBs, HABs, repair stations, ammo crates and rallies. Then there are always at least 2-5 guys on the same team which also understand the game and which also don't want to play with brainless blueberries. Usually there are 2-5 of random blueberries in the squad, anyway, but that's fine: we have a squad leader with brains and at least 2-3 more guys in the squad with brains, which get the most important kits, like, GL/RPG/Scopes.

But the thing is, that usually smart random blueberries want to join this kind of squads themselves: they played with brainless blueberries already and they want to find proper people to play with. So you have a better chance to get a random smart blueberry in that kind of a squad, which makes it the only real option for anyone who wants to enjoy a proper smart Squad gameplay(most people don't even know what that term means 'proper smart Squad gameplay'), not brainless running around.

4 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

This isn't about hours. I constantly see good players which after 20 hours in this game are better at this game than most people after 1000 hours. Man, when these people get to a 100 hours, you don't want to play against them!

These people are usually just smarter(higher IQ), wiser, know many more things about the world, speak multiple languages, have jobs that have something to do with brainwork(programmers, network administrators, designers, etc.), etc.

Edited by Skul

3 hours ago, Skul said:

lol that's next level elitism. obviously when all you have in your life is 5000 hours per game you're not one of those high IQ people 9_9

Edited by muffin