Sign in to follow this  
Gnarleus

NEW Supply truck (different than Logi)

New Truck that acts the exact same way as an ammo box does, Allows resupply of ammo, bandages,  and to change kit. Park it in a safe place close to rally, would help situations when there is no active fob, or sl is out of position without ability to place fob and ammo box. Allows players to be supplied in other ways besides a ammo box and provides a unique element of having a mobile ammo crate. Squad 2 radios squad 1 to have them take the supply truck to resupply a heavily worn down squad 2 with no bandages or ammo. Reduces the risk of placing a fob just for ammo and then your squad is killed and loses fob and loss of tickets. Placing a fob just for ammo crate is time consuming and risky. This provides other options, and options are good on the battlefield.

PEACE

Gnarleus 

Sounds cool, don't think dropping a crate would be ideal but maybe allow the vehicle to work as a ammo crate, give it 500 ammo point limit or something like that?.

I like it,

How about have for example an unarmored humvee that would act as ammunition resupply point. An ammo crate could be dropped and built within a 10 yard radius of the humvee wherever it's parked with 500 ammo points. Soon as the humvee rolls out, the ammo crate disappears automatically.

Humvee-793x526.jpg

Edited by CptDirty

You're suggesting things that exist in Project Reality. Any transport truck holds a small supply crate and couple of ammo boxes. Functionality is the same, request kits from the supply crate and rearm at the ammo boxes. HMMWV only holds 1 ammo box.

Would like to see it happen too.

25 minutes ago, banOkay said:

You're suggesting things that exist in Project Reality. Any transport truck holds a small supply crate and couple of ammo boxes. Functionality is the same, request kits from the supply crate and rearm at the ammo boxes. HMMWV only holds 1 ammo box.

Would like to see it happen too.

Yea i personally would like a similar version of logistics like in project reality ( with different supply crates carried by vehicles depending on the size ) added to squad .

ammo crate type system available on certain vehicles was confirmed by devs a while back.

not necessarily dropped ammo but carried on vehicle.

No need for a special vehicle for this.

Edited by suds

On 10/17/2017 at 4:54 AM, suds said:

ammo crate type system available on certain vehicles was confirmed by devs a while back.

not necessarily dropped ammo but carried on vehicle.

No need for a special vehicle for this.

I can relate to what you are saying,

But lets look at strikers having the ability to rearm solders as one example.

Does a striker really have any business rearming solders? I feel like it has other priories it has to take care of first so implementing A SPECIFIC vehicles or having OTHER vehicles with this ability would be important. 

Part of my suggestion is that, sure a striker should be able to rearm, but at some point its going to have to leave, repair, fight on the battlefield, etc...

So if you have a specific vehicle that ACTUALLY drops an ammo crate like at a FOB, suddenly you create new dynamic game play with a new vehicle and also having a unique ability to PLACE an ammo crate outside of a fob location. 

parachute drop was also discussed which i think is good.

perhaps the irregular force could add a few supplies to every vehicle or allow ammo crate pickup from main with the small logi.

This is already going to be in the game. A variety of vehicles will be able to carry supplies or ammunition. They will be able to drop those on the ground, and players can either interact with the vehicles and dropped supply/ammo boxes to change kits and rearm.

Gotta wait for the CoreInventory introduction and with that it will be possible, as far as i understood.