Gnarleus

Why can't we bandage inside a Vehicle?

To me this just makes sense, allowing players to bandage inside a vehicle, it's certainly realistic. The only thing I would add to this if implemented : make the time to bandage a little longer since you are inside a fairly cramped space, it would be slightly more difficult to move around, and you might be bleeding all over your teammates so naturally it would take a bit longer.  

*make the time to bandage a little longer  This part of my suggestion isn't important and was more comical than anything. What is most important here is that we can bandage inside a vehicle and medics having the ability to heal inside a vehicle as well. 

Edited by Gnarleus

Im sure the current Inventory has something to do with it. Hopefully itll be adressed once CoreInventory is finished, along with being able to shoot out of vehicles and free look animations. 

I remember in PR/Battlefield 2, if you had a medic with you in the vehicle everyone would get healed slowly, i wish this was implemented in squad.

2 hours ago, MilosV said:

I remember in PR/Battlefield 2, if you had a medic with you in the vehicle everyone would get healed slowly, i wish this was implemented in squad.

Good point, but I would hope that it wasn't a "ghost heal".  Like, if you had a medic gunner, he would have to stop what he's doing to heal.  Perhaps he could switch weapon to medicbag from the main armament of the vehicle then hold to heal all.  That would be good.

Same goes for passengers with the new coreinventory.  If they could select bandage while sitting in the back, that would be legit. 

Don't see why you'd necessarily need to make it take longer?  I mean, its perfectly legit to try to take cover inside a vehicle to self treat.  Doesn't strike me as OP or broken, just valid tactics. 

Having to get out to bandage is whats broken, if anything.

42 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Don't see why you'd necessarily need to make it take longer?  I mean, its perfectly legit to try to take cover inside a vehicle to self treat.  Doesn't strike me as OP or broken, just valid tactics. 

Agreed! 

4 hours ago, Kendo said:

Oh yeah, i completely agree, never liked the slow one 

I have always wondered why you do not regain your stamina when inside a vehicle. So many times I have ran to be picked up only to be dropped off in a hot area and not be able to move as my stamina's to low. Surely this should regenerate too. 

The funny thing that in v7-8 we were able to bandage ourselves in vehicles. You just had to press 5 and then RMB, it would actually bandage and stop bleeding. And then they 'fixed' it.

Edited by Skul

7 hours ago, Skul said:

The funny thing that in v7-8 we were able to bandage ourselves in vehicles. You just had to press 5 and then RMB, it would actually bandage and stop bleeding. And then they 'fixed' it.

No way, wtf.  I had no idea.  I guess it wasn't "meant to happen" at that stage... a kind of unintended bug in the right direction.  Hopefully CoreInv will bring this back properly, then.

I can't see any reason why this would not be allowed for gameplay reasons... just doesn't make sense.  I mean, what, someone gets shot and quickly jumps into a vehicle to bandage and is invulnerable to smallarms?  So what?  Just surround him with an angry mob like you would irl... until someone comes along with LAT or an IED to coax the sucker out.  That's a good dynamic.

Edited by Kendo

On 10/31/2017 at 12:13 PM, Kendo said:

Good point, but I would hope that it wasn't a "ghost heal".  Like, if you had a medic gunner, he would have to stop what he's doing to heal.  Perhaps he could switch weapon to medicbag from the main armament of the vehicle then hold to heal all.  That would be good.

Same goes for passengers with the new coreinventory.  If they could select bandage while sitting in the back, that would be legit. 

We don't need to have hyper-realism. This is a game...and it's a game in which medics can see "life signs" on the map, or heal people with their magic Jesus powers. I like the idea of players slowly getting healed if a medic is onboard an APC. Good call.

5 minutes ago, LuckyJack888 said:

We don't need to have hyper-realism. This is a game...

Yeah man I was really only thinking of balance tbh.  Medic vehicle crews could become a pretty common meta if they turn the vehicle into a mobile biff-wagon without any detriment to squad strength. 

Just the same way a medic cant shoot people and revive teammates at the same time... I don't see why they should be allowed to do it with a .50 CROWS...

8 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Yeah man I was really only thinking of balance tbh.  Medic vehicle crews could become a pretty common meta if they turn the vehicle into a mobile biff-wagon without any detriment to squad strength. 

Just the same way a medic cant shoot people and revive teammates at the same time... I don't see why they should be allowed to do it with a .50 CROWS...

I don't see that happening. 

1. It's difficult to get all your squad members to follow your orders unless you're a really good squad leader and have had repeated successes during the round. You can say, "Let's all pile into the APC to get healed up," but how many people will actually do it?

2. Squad members are often spread out so it doesn't make sense for them to all come running to the APC (after they've been under fire and are now wounded) and give up their cover or concealment just so they can get a group heal.

3. Vehicles are targets and any competent squad leader doesn't want his squad sitting in a vehicle longer than they have to. "Crew stay aboard...everyone else dismount," is the command I give often.

Medics being able to slowly group heal squad members and friendlies is just a nice feature to have in the following scenario:

You tell your squadmates to load up in the APC because your new mission is to move to Delta. Seven guys pile in. Why not all nine? One guy in the squad thinks you're an idiot, or just doesn't know how to follow orders, while the other guy is a marksman (and we'll find out he only got three kills the whole round and ran around as a lonewolf). You take off toward Delta leaving the dead weight behind and your squad slowly gets healed. Infantry dismounts and the crew drives the vehicle straight into the enemy instead of taking up a long-range stand-off positio...and gets themselves blown up.

Group healing in an APC is not going to alter gameplay, but it's a nice touch.

On 01/11/2017 at 12:22 AM, UnderFire said:

I have always wondered why you do not regain your stamina when inside a vehicle. So many times I have ran to be picked up only to be dropped off in a hot area and not be able to move as my stamina's to low. Surely this should regenerate too. 

You do gain stamina in vehicles. It's bugged. If you have low stamina on vehicle exit, go prone and then stand. It refreshes the stamina state.

54 minutes ago, LuckyJack888 said:

It's difficult to get all your squad members to follow your orders unless you're a really good squad leader

Not trying to be argumentative... but I really don't think it is.  Just play on native language servers and make it clear at the start of the round what you expect from your guys.  Do Mic checks and make sure they're all talking.  Usually all it takes.

2. Squad members are often spread out so it doesn't make sense for them to all come running to the APC

Situation dependent, but I prefer to keep my guys close to me.  50m from one flank to the other is usually tight enough...that's a normal 5m spread in extended line.  Anyway that's not really the point.  Its more individual soldiers running back to sit in the APC for 10 seconds while the CROWS medic keeps blatting away.  

3. Vehicles are targets and any competent squad leader doesn't want his squad sitting in a vehicle longer than they have to

Yeah, but that's why you don't leave your vehicles in the open and keep the engine off.  Besides, its about individuals that need healed not all 9 men inside at one time.  You should have sentries in ARD if you're in a vehicle hide anway.

Why not all nine? One guy in the squad thinks you're an idiot, or just doesn't know how to follow orders, while the other guy is a marksman

Kick.  Goodbye.  Its every SLs responsibility in this game to sort out these bad habbits for the whole community.  Be a team player or F off I say.

Group healing in an APC is not going to alter gameplay, but it's a nice touch.

And yeah, I agree, it is a nice touch.  I just don't want medics on the gun or driving to "dual role" and take the piss a bit.  As I said above, be in the gunner seat if you want, but make it so you have to hold down "5" to heal teammates or something.  So long as it stops you shooting at the same time, theres nothin wrong with that at all.

Edited by Kendo

Completely derailing the conversation for the sake of being argumentative.

"Not trying to be argumentative...but let me analyze and refute everything you just said, one line at a time, even if it means going off on a tangent."

Edited by LuckyJack888

Seriously not trying to pick a fight mate... you just cited some things as evidence that I disagreed with and I wanted to address them.  Going line by line was just a lazy way for me to structure a post :).  If you found it difficult to control your squad, I thought it might be useful to share some tips is all.

Anyway, sorry if I wound you up.  I still don't see why passive heal would be preferable to an active heal system, but heyho.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I guess we'll see what happens.

Edited by Kendo

I squad lead all the time and my men usually always follow my orders.

So piling into a vehicle for medic purposes would be a very valid strat and would certainly evolve the game META to be played around this kind of thinking.

In my personal opinion, I do not believe everyone should be slowly healed at the same time. 

I think the medic should have a UI in the vehicle where he has to select each individual players and heal them 1 at a time, and most importantly, the medic should not be able to do these actions if he is in the driver or gunner seat. 

4 hours ago, Gnarleus said:

I think the medic should have a UI in the vehicle where he has to select each individual players and heal them 1 at a time, and most importantly, the medic should not be able to do these actions if he is in the driver or gunner seat. 

^

This