shipidge

Is the Squad Wiki not active anymore?

I have begun to worry for the wiki as I notice that there is too few editors and admins not administrating anymore. I feel like I am the only one who has been contributing these past few months (hopefully that isn't true). :( There is still a lot to be done and I could use a hand from others in developing the wiki for future players to read on and learn.

Thanks for your concern (and caring) and speaking up.

I am not worried, only a little disappointed. I was hoping for more contributions, but we can't force people to do it. Many just can't be bothered, sad but true. Therefore, we have to make do with what we have. And I am very thankful for every edit and contribution we get.

The good news is, the wiki is still active, we had edits almost every day. Yes, the edits are often only small ones and often from the same group of people (no, you are not the only one), but that's still better than nothing.

Also positive, we have a good foundation of information on the wiki. Of course, it's incomplete. Of course, much is outdated. Of course, there is much work to be done still. And of course, we do not have enough people doing it.

If you, or anyone else, have suggestions, please make them. However, besides suggestions, we need fingers on keyboards making edits on the wiki.

I have something planed to try to make things a little better - more about this when the time has come.

It's definitely still one of my favorite resources! The admin/spectator commands are the best quick reference.

6 minutes ago, FeatherSton3 said:

Would love to help with this except the fact I don't have resources on things such as images of different map layers

You don't need the images to keep the data up to date and formatted nicely. @Usgu and company have been doing a pretty awesome job maintaining it. But they do need help. Any help anyone can give them would be great. 

4 minutes ago, Odin said:

You don't need the images to keep the data up to date and formatted nicely. @Usgu and company have been doing a pretty awesome job maintaining it. But they do need help. Any help anyone can give them would be great. 

Okay. Might be a dumb question but is there any way of knowing what needs help in the wiki besides scrolling through all the pages? Not too familiar with editing wikis and such. Will help out towards the end of the week/ weekend

Seems like they have done a great job this far, so I believe everything will work out just fine. :)