Mohamad

Why can't all great things exist in 1 game (A long term vision proposal)

Just for you to know, i have been playing this game few months now and i think this is the best and more realistic game i have ever played and devs are doing great work in enhancing it to be a very realistic one

However, let me give you some business oversight on gaming industry today:

• Trend is focusing lately on sandbox gaming
  • Money generated from B2P games alone are not enough if you dont have yearly expansions (which i hate) or in game Shop (which is critical how you design to make it far from play to win module)

Shooting games alone cant survive because even if this game is realistic and fun to play.. but you will eventually quit because of no purpose or no real link with a community that builds for you friends people seek to find through gaming world

and here comes the idea:

New Product called Squad: WW3 Online

one server (or 2-3 servers distributed between regions to limit ping difference)

Skill system that will improve aiming/speed/rank/weapons unlock/construction skills/ manufacturing skills, etc.. (skill system should take 8+ years to cap)

world map -- factions to fight to dominate war map

resources in maps

indie stuff.. manufacturing of all items/ammo/cloth out of resources

trading hubs and destructible caravans

politics and "guilds" within factions

construction of buildings/ defenses, etc.. using buldozers and tools controlled by players

R& D : Invent ur own turrets/launchers/etc.. (with certain limitations ofcourse)

You see where am going? this module will allow you to either charge players for small monthly fees for the continuous development or have internal store to sell premium account that will boost skill gain

Any thoughts about it devs?

2 hours ago, Mohamad said:

Just for you to know, i have been playing this game few months now and i think this is the best and more realistic game i have ever played and devs are doing great work in enhancing it to be a very realistic one

This game is great, for me it is maybe greatest of all time I played, but it is not realistic. It has nothing to do with realism. You can get revived in 2 seconds after getting RPG in the face. And the other things, well, you can run and jump in Super Mario, it doesn't make that game realistic, does it?

Shooting games alone cant survive because even if this game is realistic and fun to play.. but you will eventually quit because of no purpose or no real link with a community that builds for you friends people seek to find through gaming world

Squad is business. As long as people will buy enough copies of the game, OWI will not quit. And even if they will start selling exactly 0 copies of the game, there is still Squad SDK, modders will unbind Squad from Steam and we'll keep playing Squad, anyway.

At this point of time it will be incredibly hard to kill Squad, considering there is SDK out there. Hackers reverse engineer and compile everything from scratch when they need to. Look at how DICE and EA tried to kill Battlefield 2. It is still alive even in 2017.

and here comes the idea:

New Product called Squad: WW3 Online

one server (or 2-3 servers distributed between regions to limit ping difference)

Skill system that will improve aiming/speed/rank/weapons unlock/construction skills/ manufacturing skills, etc.. (skill system should take 8+ years to cap)

world map -- factions to fight to dominate war map

resources in maps

indie stuff.. manufacturing of all items/ammo/cloth out of resources

trading hubs and destructible caravans

politics and "guilds" within factions

construction of buildings/ defenses, etc.. using buldozers and tools controlled by players

R& D : Invent ur own turrets/launchers/etc.. (with certain limitations ofcourse)

If you want to make some kind of Heroes & Generals from Squad, you can feel free to do it yourself: there is Squad SDK out there. Or course, you'll need the whole development team of project manager, designers, programmers, etc. to handle this kind of project.

But Squad isn't really that kind of a game. Squad is "Battlefield 2-alike" game where 2 teams start on their bases and fight for territory control(flags), teams who had more flags usually wins.

You see where am going? this module will allow you to either charge players for small monthly fees for the continuous development or have internal store to sell premium account that will boost skill gain

Premium account that will boost skill gain?laugh1.gif You mean scrubs will pay2win? We definitely don't want this in Squad, Squad is beautiful as it is.

Edited by Skul

I hope you are a troll dude, games that follow the described business model are always shit, it would completely destroy squad and upset the community. And what would you need a skill system / manufacturing system for? It doesn't fit this type of game in the slightest because most people who like games like squad, hate skill/perk systems and unlockable stuff, especially when you can buy it for real money. It would just have no target audience

Edited by Frinz

Why stop there? Why should OWI limit themselves to developing games? I think the OWI needs to get into the Space Race to Mars. Lets beat SpaceX, Nasa and all those other rocket guy. First man on mars should be wear OWI suits.

Edited by Romby

21 hours ago, Mohamad said:

Maybe you never heard of my legendary Gateway 2000 Intel Pentium Pro 200 MHz and a 3dfx Voodoo sitting in the corner holding up a flower pot but interestingly enough Mohamad I've been playing "shooting games alone" since they first existed and they seem to survive just fine to this day...