I am pretty sure this following question has been asked so many times but will there be a night time map?

I only have been played squad for about 70 hours or so majority of the time in a dedicated server... I don't know if map selections are up to server admin or devs... so I don't even know if i have played all of the maps out in the game.... 

One more question : I heard people saying that aeroplanes such as black-hawk will be implemented to the game soon? can anyone confirm this too?

There is a night map already on Chora. I personally think it's fun and shows off awesome tracer effects.  They are indeed adding helicopters to the game, though it is a bit away from the current iteration. This game has taken massive strides from where it used to be just 8 months ago. Welcome to the game and enjoy your time here o7

Edited by Robin Sage

21 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

There is a night map already on Chora. I personally think it's fun and shows off awesome tracer effects.  They are indeed adding helicopters to the game, though it is a bit away from the current iteration. This game has taken massive strides from where it used to be just 8 months ago. Welcome to the game and enjoy your time here o7

Whoa, I've played Chora multiple times but not a single night map! :(

I'm in love with this game haha! 

Just look on YT for vids. Everyone maxed out their gamma so they could see. The effects were cool at night though. 

6 minutes ago, LugNut said:

Just look on YT for vids. Everyone maxed out their gamma so they could see. The effects were cool at night though. 

Oh my godness! 

3 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

I think Chora Night isn't so popular because it takes patience to spot people. Just my opinion though. 

Gonna need my attention at fullest with patience I guess!

11 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Whoa, I've played Chora multiple times but not a single night map! :(

I'm in love with this game haha! 

It's because not a lot of servers have it in their rotations, unfortunately. 

I have played it only twice since and have over 500 hours in this game. Still super fun! It adds a whole new layer of strategy, in my opinion. It's super hard to see people (especially if you don't "cheat" and turn up the gamma). But seeing tracers fly is so satisfying. 

I agree, they need to add more night versions to maps, or better yet, a map that solely has a night version so it's harder to memorize the layout of the map. 

With my rig even with gamma maxed out, I couldn't see 10 feet, bushes, trees, friendlies, enemies, really anything except lights and particle effects. My only strategy was to run blindly down near the cap, go prone in cover and shoot at any silhouettes without nametags. Very frustrating. They went away pretty quickly after that patch since they would clear servers. 

I'd like to see night maps, but they'd have to make some changes to make it work, the tracers and such are really sexy. 

2 hours ago, Noxxid3 said:

Im actually in the process of making a map with day and night cycle 

Cool map with the destroyed vehicles on the freeway. Digging that even more than the day/night thingy.

2 hours ago, Noxxid3 said:

Im actually in the process of making a map with day and night cycle 

I'm at work so I can't really watch this yet but much appreciated with your hard work!

13 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Cool map with the destroyed vehicles on the freeway. Digging that even more than the day/night thingy.

I will be working on it after work, but I updated now my textures are missing but should be able to fix it. I am a level designer for another game not squad, but still learning ue4. And thanks! Thr burned down vehicles are Inspired by hells highway in iraq.

13 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

I'm at work so I can't really watch this yet but much appreciated with your hard work!

Thanks man, what i did use wqs ultradynamicsky which helps a lot, the map is 16km2 so 4x4.

5 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

That looks great @Noxxid3  Was it you that was working on a "Jungleish map" and if so,did you try this Day/Night on it?.

No it wasnt me, but i do know who it was. He was looking for help too.

The PUBG developers have stated they are working on a system that successfully prevents gamma tampering, and we'll be seeing it in action in the near future. Something about a transparent fog that becomes opaque if gamma is too high? 

Anwyays, the point is that anti-gamma tampering is something that is possible.

With this being said, I think night maps should be very common in Squad. There is so much potential there for breathing life into old maps, and adding new content in the form of night specific gear. Flares, and not just handheld but from mortars, underbarrel 40mms, and recoilless rifles. Flashlights, night-vision devices, player constructed lights, and map-defined lighting from buildings, etc. 

Proper night fighting isn't a bunch of idiots holding their hands out in front of them and teamkilling half the time, it's warfare where light is a commodity, and taking advantage of blind-spots is key. 

Edited by 40mmrain