Sign in to follow this  
Loxx_

Capzone height limit.

The problem:

With the last 2 newest maps added to the game (Narva and Al Basrah), new building models have been added to the game with 5-8 floors. Often you have these buildings withing the cap range of certain flags on these maps. The problem with these buildings is that people rush to the top floor, drop a FOB, build a HAB and hold the entire cap from that 1 building for the entire game. The attackers have 1 staircase to push up from, often preaimed by the guns of defenders and avalanches of grenades coming down it like slinky toys. I've played against this tactic and played on a team using it. Since buildings cannot be destroyed it is almost impossible to deal with unless using some glitch or getting super lucky.

Solution:

Introduce a height limit to the cap zone. Anything higher than the first floor of a building should be out of the cap range to force the people to come down the stairs.

You can always cap with superior numbers.

Also remember that the large calibres can penetrate those buildings. 

All the big buildings have adjacent buildings which can be used to help control numbers.

I'd prefer a larger spawn delay radius on the HAB/FOB which reduced the number of defenders able to spawn in.

If a few players can hold a building within a cap zone then I think they deserve the flag. It is fun to assault these, it sucks to spawn in them.

Nah...leave it the way it is now and have your LATs / GL's / Armored Vehicles do work through windows and walls. I personally haven't seen a tower FOB work to that extent for an entire match. 

I think we've been teased with alternate ways to access second story windows in the past, that would be one way to make them much harder to defend. They are certainly not impregnable, in most cases, armor pretty much shuts them down so infantry can assault. 

Give the FOB a elevation penalty for logistic resupply, so the higher it is from mean surface level of surrounding the more it take exponentially time for resupply it from logistic vehicles.

That tactic used to be powerful back when deployables were indestructible by explosives and ammo didn't cost resupply, because it was possible to barricade the stairs with barbed wire/sandbags and just rain infinite grenades over them. And even then it required a competent team, otherwise the FOB building would just get farmed with HMG vehicles shooting through walls and AT/GL spam.
With the new changes it's much less useful, and I rarely see it. Non-issue IMO.

adding flamethrowers and incendiary would burn the .... out.......

other than that if they have a fob on the flag then they are all trapped in there...

On 10/9/2017 at 10:02 AM, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Give the FOB a elevation penalty for logistic resupply, so the higher it is from mean surface level of surrounding the more it take exponentially time for resupply it from logistic vehicles.

Or make it impossible. Sure, build your fob 6 floors up, but no points for you..... Harder to rain infinite nades or rocket spam once your ammo runs out. 

Edited by LugNut

27 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

But how would the ammo differentiate between 2 crates, one that's on the 6th floor and a second crate that's on ground level...?....

What do you mean? 

The crate can have C-magic implied to it under the hood and properties added (in theory).

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

So currently you can place say 10 ammo crates on different elevations (ground level, 6th floor) and they all will share the common 1000 ammunition points of the FOB they're from. Can be 20,30,40,50 ammo crates it doesn't matter they all act as access point to the same shared FOB ammunition points.

Now the suggestion was to limit the supplies for the ammo crates that pass a certain elevation. Thus making the ammo crate that's sitting on the 6th floor receive less ammunition than it's sister crate that is placed on the first floor. 

If such implementation takes place, how will the 2 crates (1 on the 6th floor, and the 2nd on ground level) differentiate in supplies if they both share the same ammunition pool of the FOB. 

^ Replying to myself:

The easiest (but not popular I'm sure) way would be to penalize players using elevated crates (6th floor) by factoring the height of each rearm request and:

- Making it cost more and more the higher the crate is placed. So LAT would cost 100 on first floor and say 600 on 6th floor.

- Receive less ammunition for the same cost. So what is is 25 ammo points for full 6 mags? It will now be 25 ammo points for full 1 mag on 6th floor.

Have I lost anyone? I think I got lost myself...Anyway let's not implement any restriction please just leave it the way it is. 

K? Thanks. 

Why give it differing amounts of points? Just give it none. Place a radio or HAB above a certain height and you get only construction points, zero ammo. It would make the HAB more vulnerable and slightly easier to storm, but not completely useless.