dor

Radio silence toggle key

Please add a "Radio silence toggle key":

A key which when you press on it - the Squad & Command radios are silenced until you press on it again.

(Obviously the Local Voice "can't" be silenced.)

The name of the player who speaks on Squad/Command radio will still appear (on bottom-left side) despite that the radio was silenced, but perhaps with a "mute icon" (unless you have better idea?).

Often the Squad radio is really noisy while I'm in a critical moment which requires me to hear nearby sounds:

either vehicles/soldiers approaching etc,

or the sound of the enemy's radio (FOB).

I like this idea... before mumble was integrated in PR I had problems with people using mumble to say useless information while I was trying to hear enemies close to me... that pissed me off until I started telling them to shut up, which I don't think is a nice thing to do :)

So I started muting and unmuting mumble whenever I needed to...

Get a bossy commander in game who has the switch to turn off your microphone if he says he wants chatter to stop on a particular channel and you violate the order.  :)

On 10/6/2017 at 12:12 AM, XRobinson said:

Get a bossy commander in game who has the switch to turn off your microphone if he says he wants chatter to stop on a particular channel and you violate the order.  :)

Oufff.....I don't know man, put too much power in one's hand like that....I can see it work if a new chat system was implemented with the introduction of a Commander role such as:

Command Chat

SL's Chat

Squad Chat

Local Chat

Essentially replacing the whisper which I personally HATE! 

I'd up this Very nice idea! 

Muting certain player - Main goal of squad is team work... Selective muting would violate that...

However, don't forget the magic words! "Break,Break,Break*Insert appropriate situation*"

I like ^ better than saying "clear coms!"  I just love dead silence come after that! haha

3 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

I'd up this Very nice idea! 

Muting certain player - Main goal of squad is team work... Selective muting would violate that...

However, don't forget the magic words! "Break,Break,Break*Insert appropriate situation*"

I like ^ better than saying "clear coms!"  I just love dead silence come after that! haha

yea selective muting does but would be nice to block out the **** with music playing or constantly spamming noises/chat/bS..

On 10/6/2017 at 4:58 AM, EA_SUCKS said:

I like this idea... before mumble was integrated in PR I had problems with people using mumble to say useless information while I was trying to hear enemies close to me... that pissed me off until I started telling them to shut up, which I don't think is a nice thing to do :)

So I started muting and unmuting mumble whenever I needed to...

When it's a nice feature: to be able to mute microphone and output, that's a bad solution to mute/unmute during a game because you can't hear enemies close to you. If you can't hear enemies close to you, that's not a problem of people who are talking, it means you have a badly configured sound system.

I, for example, can hear enemy steps and shots near or far away from me when my teammates giving me info: it doesn't matter if it's through in-game voice system or through Discord/TS/Mumble.

But that system is very tricky to setup:

First of all, you want Windows to do nothing when it detects communication activity:

Image result for do nothing communication activity

Then you have to set proper sound level in Windows: overall on Device; for Squad; for TS, Discord or Mumble.

Then you have to have proper sounds levels set in Discord/TS/Mumble themselves.

And then you have to have proper sound levels(Master, Effects volume levels) in Squad itself.

Together it makes about 10-15 sound sliders in total, which is a disaster to configure, but it can be done.

I can't possibly tell you what levels you should set because everyone have different sound cards, dynamics, ears, etc.

I believe my game is louder than Discord/TS/In-game voice, this way I can always hear enemy steps and shots and still be able to hear what friendlies say.

19 hours ago, embecmom said:

yea selective muting does but would be nice to block out the **** with music playing or constantly spamming noises/chat/bS..

True, True.

I've always left the squad and joined others when that happened to me. He/she was banned or kicked from server soon or later..