dor

Turn off enemy vehicles

Please allow to turn off enemy vehicles, their noise prevents to hear (other) incoming enemy vehicles

2 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

but if you turn it off wont that turn off the incoming vehicles sounds too?  :)

Hmm.. not sure if you're joking o.O

You must be talking about two different sounds, but the way you asked the question it seems you be turning off the same sounds...

Please be more specific...what sounds specifically? or at different times, when vehicle is parked, moving ect...

I think you meant to say turn off the vehicle engine sound when its not occupied or in use so you can hear other vehicles that are moving nearby...but its enemy vehicle...what are you saying?

Edited by XRobinson

Maybe its an enemy tactic to hide the sounds of incoming vehicles so you don't know they are approaching?

Not hide the sounds but muddle the sounds...with other sounds...Like creating noise to make a good diversion tactic.

Like in films where you see guy hiding in bushes throw a rock and the guard goes to where the sound happened and then guy sneaks up behind him.

Edited by XRobinson

4 minutes ago, EA_SUCKS said:

I think he means turn off parked enemy vehicles that were left with the engine on...

this is quite clearly what OP means ^

can't see why it should be hard:

1/ appraoch unmanned vehicle as enemy,

2/ "E" to stop engine,

3/ enjoy the serenity.

Ok but sounds can be used to mask what you are doing if you can use them that way... :)  and I was kinda making fun of your vagueness,  apologies. 

if they leave it with the engine running it should be fair game for joyriding.

16 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

I always turn off enemy vehicle engines. ..........with my rockets. Woo haha.

LOL!.

But really,if you keep the engine on,that vehicle should be able/available to be car jacked by the enemy. It makes sense!.

2 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

I think he means turn off parked enemy vehicles that were left with the engine on...

This.

21 hours ago, suds said:

if they leave it with the engine running it should be fair game for joyriding.

Exactly

On 10/6/2017 at 7:08 AM, XRobinson said:

mad-max-2-1981-06-g.jpg

If fuel were in game, you know they wouldn't be left running.  You would be auto kicked by the fuel monitors.

How many  hours the average army vehicle will idle with a half of the tank of fuel. ...Tens. These "realism" arguments are so moot.

They are just vehicles so opposing side can even use personnel carriers like humvee or trucks. In Turkey 15th July a civilian who is truck and crane operator learn how to start and operate m113 armored personnel carrier. He said I managed that in 5 min. In Syria right now people who do not know how to operate tanks using tanks now. But in my examples(complex vehicles not humvees) everything in the vehicles in their language so they figure out things easily.

Sorry I forgot to add the link :D

Turkey 15th July - Civilian using m113

Edited by DesertTigerTR
Forgot to add the link

Carjacking? Worth a try since we're still in Alpha but I think it would result in very very bad gameplay. Just look at how players NOW are leaving their vehicles stranded either intentionally or unintentionally (DC)

Turn off enemy vehicles? Why not. Simple yet effective.

I like realistic options in games like turning engines on/off. It's just that little bit more realistic and therefore immersive. However if it's causing a problem and realism says players should be able to drive enemy vehicles if left running I am in favour of engines turning off automatically when a driver leaves the driver seat. Car jacking sounds fun but it'll bring consequences that won't be.

On 10/07/2017 at 1:40 AM, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

How many  hours the average army vehicle will idle with a half of the tank of fuel. ...Tens. These "realism" arguments are so moot.

But not in war time  like WW2 Germans ran out of fuel in El Alamein and the Battle of the Bulge.  If your fuel supply gets blown up, bombed, reduced to nil, you think the Army is going to let them idle...naaa they wont.  Without fuel war ends if other side still has fuel to run on.