dor

Switching weapons while in vehicle

sounds reasonable. good suggestion.

easy to disable shooting in vehicles.

I like this... switch to RPG as required.. rather than having to do it before you get in the vehicle.. but perhaps with the new weapon update it will be easier to switch between them?

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:09 PM, XRobinson said:

Switch to nade and accidentally pull the pin out and TK your whole vehicle....  nooooo  :)

lol only if they allow the weapon to be fired int he vehicle... 

8 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

@dor: reasoning?

Often a new info about the battlefield requires you to change the current weapon.

36 minutes ago, dor said:

Often a new info about the battlefield requires you to change the current weapon.

especially if you play the LAT / HAT

16 hours ago, dor said:

you can't wait until you exit the vehicle? the few seconds to change after you exit, too slow for you?

i just see it as unrealistic to be changing weapons within the confines of a vehicle - but that's me.

4 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

you can't wait until you exit the vehicle? the few seconds to change after you exit, too slow for you?

i just see it as unrealistic to be changing weapons within the confines of a vehicle - but that's me.

Too slow for everybody :)

Everybody complain about it.

Yesterday I had this problem at least twice, where I needed to replace an item/weapon but it was too slow.

If we consider realism, then on the battlefield when the adrenaline is high and danger is near, you won't care about the configuration of your weapon when the enemy is ahead of you and tries to kill you... you'll equip ASAP with a weapon to kill him.

How is it unrealistic to change weapon/item in the confines of a vehicle?

6 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

eh?

I have to say from a gaming perspective it makes sense to be able to switch weapons however IRL I doubt it. I agree with @LaughingJack, within the confines of a vehicle if the LAT role is sitting in a stryker or BTR switching from main rifle to LAW/RPG sounds impossible considering how squishy it gets in those armored vehicles with all the gear they wear....

BUT! Within the game, I see why it could be useful. Perhaps restrict changing between only smaller items like med bag, shovel, handgun, bandages and leave the bigger items like LAW/RPG to be switchable only when outside of a vehicle.

That way we can bandage and heal while in vehicle ;) 

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

I have to say from a gaming perspective it makes sense to be able to switch weapons however IRL I doubt it. I agree with @LaughingJack, within the confines of a vehicle if the LAT role is sitting in a stryker or BTR switching from main rifle to LAW/RPG sounds impossible considering how squishy it gets in those armored vehicles with all the gear they wear....

BUT! Within the game, I see why it could be useful. Perhaps restrict changing between only smaller items like med bag, shovel, handgun, bandages and leave the bigger items like LAW/RPG to be switchable only when outside of a vehicle.

Well considering that you can hide a LAW/RPG to your backpack I wouldn't consider the taking it out (switching) a big deal. Besides typical APC have "plenty" of space, at least so much that you don't need to sit on the lap of your battle buddy.

13 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

I play a lot of LAT and always switch to AT before loading in, which often leads to whining as I stand next to the vehicle, glacially slowly and carefully putting my rifle away, then pulling out the rpg, while the SL is screaming GETINGETINGETIN to make the most of the first rush. More often than not, on the initial rush, your vehicle will come under fire and you dive out, or roll up as you hear enemy vehicles driving in, if you don't have your LAT deployed, it can make the difference between getting wiped or not. 

You don't have to wait for the animation to complete, select AT and hop in.

Having AT ready is quite useful at times, but other times a rifle is, so selecting in a vehicle is kinda nice.

3 hours ago, Nimbus said:

You don't have to wait for the animation to complete, select AT and hop in.

Having AT ready is quite useful at times, but other times a rifle is, so selecting in a vehicle is kinda nice.

True, I jump in once the animation starts to play. Even if there was no animation while in the vehicle of you changing would be fine, just exit with whatever weapon you selected at the ready. "Knives ready gentlemen, all out!"

19 hours ago, CptDirty said:

so you think in a real vehicle a guy has the LAT strapped over his shoulder?.. I don't think so.

@embecmom I have no idea. I'm going under the assumption that it's either strapped to the outside of the vehicle or to their backpack. Either way not easily accessible. I may be wrong. 

But speaking of switching weapons I'll touch upon my earlier point which was the ability (at the very least) to switch between smaller items i.e. bandaging/healing in vehicle. This should be on the devs priority imo...

o.O

On 10/5/2017 at 1:55 PM, dor said:

Please allow to switch weapons while in a vehicle.

Agreed, This needs to be implemented eventually. More than once, I've had an RPG in my hands when I've entered a Humvee and we get ambushed by enemies. Would be useful to have the ability to switch to my riffle from the comfort of a armored humvee instead having to leave the vehicle first, and then go through the long animation of switching from RPG to gun.

Edited by DefNotJake

17 hours ago, LugNut said:

True, I jump in once the animation starts to play. Even if there was no animation while in the vehicle of you changing would be fine, just exit with whatever weapon you selected at the ready. "Knives ready gentlemen, all out!"

mel_gibson.jpg

i think someone from the "can swap inside a vehicle" camp should provide a vid of RL soldiers switching inside a vehicle, so we can see what is feasable and what is not, after all "realism" has been cited in defence of the idea ...

> You can't use your items in vehicles right now.

> Obviously your character isn't driving a striker or manning a techie mounted SPG with his gun or medic bag in hands.

> Therefore it's safe to assume that you don't have any item in your hands when you are in a vehicle (and this is realistic, duh).

Now think of OP's request as being able to select what your character should first pull out upon exiting the vehicle, and it becomes evident that this has nothing to do with realism. :D

This would be a nice convenience feature to have. However I can see this conflicting with some vehicle controls, when the player is question is a driver/gunner. Then again it could still be a thing for passenger seats.

Edited by Aleon

19 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

i think someone from the "can swap inside a vehicle" camp should provide a vid of RL soldiers switching inside a vehicle, so we can see what is feasable and what is not, after all "realism" has been cited in defence of the idea ...

I suppose you do not find such a video. As far as I know the M72(Ax) LAW technical safety protocol basically prohibits to drift around (at least outside the hot zone) with the tube open and ready to shoot as seen in the game.

..But here you can see the inside space of the Havoc, Svarun, Badger, Rosomak/Wolverine or Patria AMV depending country. "Plenty" of  space. :D

Ie. here is also picture inside. https://www.armyrecognition.com/us_army_wheeled_and_armoured_vehicle_uk/havoc_apc_8x8_modular_armoured_personnel_carrier_vehicle_technical_data_sheet_specifications_picture.html

Naturally this is only one vehicle model.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

On 10/11/2017 at 3:47 PM, LaughingJack said:

It's about as realistic as an APC going roaring into a firefight, everyone disembarks and shoots it out. Which happens at the beginning of almost every match. 

4 hours ago, LugNut said:

It's about as realistic as an APC going roaring into a firefight, everyone disembarks and shoots it out. Which happens at the beginning of almost every match. 

I have to agree with LugNut,

It would seem that some are using the "IRL" perspective, but this game isn't based on realism. HABs, RPs and the mystical powers of the medic class, are prime examples.

I don't see how being able to change weapons inside a vehicle, would have a negative impact on the overall game play.