Sign in to follow this  
Delfo

Stryker M1296 ICV-D and thermal optics

xvnadd1.jpg?w=1024&h=759

gnv5dum.jpg?w=1024&h=759

xqxglav.jpg?w=1024&h=756

81 M1296 Stryker for 2nd Cavalry Regiment is coming up soon.

Give U.S Army Strykers 30mm M813 Chain gun so that they can counter BTR-82.

Fire control of this system is almost same to that of M153 CROWS II.

Also I want thermal optics installed for CROWS and Kongsberg MCT turret to function as well.

Edited by Delfo

Think some love to the crow like system would be good, no need to guess the drop and a scrolling zoom. +1 thermals 

23 minutes ago, Smee said:

Think some love to the crow like system would be good, no need to guess the drop and a scrolling zoom. +1 thermals 

Thermals are ****ing great i agree , but you know i think that vehicles with zoom and thermals shouldn't be able to see name tags at all in order to make it alot harder to pick targets and be more careful with thier shots , and that would also make them relay on spotters , a great way to balance high zoom and thermals in my opinion ....

Btw Smee i still remember your doing !! You deserve a spiecal place in hell man >:(

Please enlightened me, must have been a bad evening 

20 hours ago, Smee said:

Please enlightened me, must have been a bad evening 

The "september topic" thing .... You were the last to reply on that dead old post ... And when i saw this i totally fell for that thinking it was the montly recap man 

Edited by L0cation

21 hours ago, Delfo said:

xvnadd1.jpg?w=1024&h=759

gnv5dum.jpg?w=1024&h=759

xqxglav.jpg?w=1024&h=756

81 M1296 Stryker for 2nd Cavalry Regiment is coming up soon.

Give U.S Army Strykers 30mm M813 Chain gun so that they can counter BTR-82.

Fire control of this system is almost same to that of M153 CROWS II.

Also I want thermal optics installed for CROWS and Kongsberg MCT turret to function as well.

I personally would really like to see mutiple versions of every vehicle like for example for the humves i would like to see - open / unarmed / avenger / logistics ect... And so for other vehicles B|

Sgt. Ross said that they won't add experimental vehicles like this one. But we should still get the Stryker variant with the grenade launcher and maybe the one with the tank cannon. Also, the .50 cal overheats way too quicly, imo.

Edited by fatalsushi

On 7-10-2017 at 5:44 AM, fatalsushi said:

Sgt. Ross said that they won't add experimental vehicles like this one. But we should still get the Stryker variant with the grenade launcher and maybe the one with the tank cannon. Also, the .50 cal overheats way too quicly, imo.

Yeah idk why the .50 overheats soo fast. It really limits its potential.

In reality, the M2 Browning is very hard to overheat. It's one of the reasons it is still in service today, hard to beat.

Developer already said that they will not be introducing thermals into the game.

Probably due to the fact if they are introduced, infantry will be ****ed, unless something like Javelin, Metis, and MILAN will be introduced as well. 

But then the entire game will be balance race between AT and Anti Infantry measures, possibly with developers will have to implement Active Ballistic Defenses like Trophy.

39 minutes ago, Caliell said:

Developer already said that they will not be introducing thermals into the game.

Do you have a source on this? This is the first time I'm hearing about it.

3 hours ago, Caliell said:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/393380/discussions/6/1319962599254199269/

It is part of the "Night Vision" category.

Realistically speaking 80-90% of raids on hard targets by US done at night due to how advanced in night vision US is. "We own the night" is the common saying. 

The official forum FAQ says "not at this stage, might be subject to change" about night vision, with no mention or connection to thermals. While thermals irl probably do see more use during the night, they should be capable of working during the day as well, since they aren't dependent on light conditions anyway. I see why we probably won't need or have night vision since the night maps just didn't work well in Squad but as they say - this ain't that.

On 10/6/2017 at 10:44 PM, fatalsushi said:

I'd love multiple Stryker variants. The M1128 MGS is a badass looking vehicle. And the way it ejects shells out the back is awesome.

maxresdefault.jpg

Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:23 AM, MultiSquid said:

The official forum FAQ says "not at this stage, might be subject to change" about night vision, with no mention or connection to thermals. While thermals irl probably do see more use during the night, they should be capable of working during the day as well, since they aren't dependent on light conditions anyway. I see why we probably won't need or have night vision since the night maps just didn't work well in Squad but as they say - this ain't that.

True, that you can use thermals during daytime, but they was primary intended for the night missions and definitely perform better at night, for obvious reasons and in this case probably qualifies as pertinent statement. As again, this probably will never be added due to the fact of how wobbly balance will become in such case, where patch updates will turn into video game arms race between AT infantry weapons and vehicles. This type of thing happened in other online FPSes such as Planetside 2 and it backfired tremendously. because of it, Squad developers will probably be on a little bit slow side implementing thermals into the game. As well, true that it is "Subject to Change."

Edited by Caliell