Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

If they at least give the transport choppers gunner positions at least the squad being transported could man those positions. I rather land / take off knowing someone is there to try to give some support fire. If players want to play as gunner crew they would also have that option. 

Exactly.

Why limit the options? I would imagine we will get M240s for US Black Hawks. And these gunner positions would ofcourse be mannable by players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Exactly.

Why limit the options? I would imagine we will get M240s for US Black Hawks. And these gunner positions would ofcourse be mannable by players

I don't think anyone said anything about removing them. Just that they shouldn't have players dedicated to those positions as there would then be only a few players playing as infantry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds kinda weird that devs are working on a new gamemode without fixing already existing one (INSURGENCY). Or maybe they already did*, my expectations are very low concerning this, Insurgency haven't been touched for years.

Edited by Marijuanoz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Since you mentioned Fallujah - when should we expect the Crayon eating most lethal window licking forces on the planet to appear in Squad? And will they be in the authentic early 2000s-ish equipment? Like M16A2s, woodland vests and carriers, desert MARPAT and stuff? That would be so lit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marijuanoz said:

Sounds kinda weird that devs are working on a new gamemode without fixing already existing one (INSURGENCY). Or maybe they did already, my expectations are very low concerning this, Insurgency haven't been touched for years.

This were interesting topic in Reddit. Unfortunately these explanatory posts are often buried somewhere. :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

If they at least give the transport choppers gunner positions at least the squad being transported could man those positions. I rather land / take off knowing someone is there to try to give some support fire. If players want to play as gunner crew they would also have that option. 

Ofcourse the helicopters should have this type of weapons on them , i personally was just against having two guys that will man these guns as a dedicated role .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine a UH-60 crew would be like any of the vehicle crews now. You could really just 1 man the helo, possibly have 1 guy to alternate between the two guns. However, how long will people really want to gun on helos armed with M240s? I can't image you could kill much of anything before you get shot out of the sky. Sure, they can be used defensively but, like in PR, any intelligent transport pilot will avoid the combat area as much as possible. Now if they went the 160th route or had some of those AFSOC 60s then obviously everyone would want to door gun, kinda like if they put Mk19s or M134s on ground vehicles, there'd be a fight over those.

 

The same debate could be had for tanks. Will we get 1 tank per side? Or maybe 3-4? What if we put 3-4 guys in a tank? Should it just be two? Will they need to add additional logis to support repair points for all of these people/vehicles on likely much larger maps? Or will they need more helicopters to quickly support standing up FOBs? I think all of this stuff will be based on a factor of not limiting the primary aspect of this game, which to me seems to be infantry gameplay.

 

Also I agree that Insurgency needs work. Up until earlier this year I had played PR since right after its inception, and Insurgency has always been my favorite gamemode.

 

It's awesome seeing these new features being worked on, it will definitely attract a larger player base. Most of my clan mates own the game but don't play because they're asset whores. I understand if new sexy content takes precedence over fixing some of the not so awesome aspects of the game currently in place, however it sure would be nice to have a much more refined version of the insurgency gamemode.

Edited by Clean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok great stuff but, when can we expect this to come out? I remember the recap back in august regarding animations freelook and m240 and still nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2017 at 3:12 PM, Draco said:

dude we got so many BTRs!!! I love it! My favorite BTR is the one with 2 wheels its a very stealthy BTR

dude, the two wheeled "BTR" is a BRDM...dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.10.2017 at 2:50 PM, MilosV said:

Ok great stuff but, when can we expect this to come out? I remember the recap back in august regarding animations freelook and m240 and still nothing

so you are new around here. Some of the things expected for V10 were shown first time in recaps last year. Recaps is just to give a taste of what they are doing and what will come at somepoint in future. Narva was shown in recap for almost 6 month before it was added.

 

A dev with nothing else to do might start working on a blackhawk model (just an example). It wornt be added to game until a year later since it can't be implemented until flightmodel/and dev might get something else to do that is more importaint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Romby said:

so you are new around here. .

AHahahha yeah, look at the join dates on our profiles, i'm VERY new. Regarding everything else, i really think these updates that were announced a month ago won't take anywhere near 6 months to complete, a tweaked animation system, another APC, PKM, M240 and a few other tweaks...well if it takes them that long for just those things game will be released in 2019, and i seriously doubt that.

Edited by MilosV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MilosV said:

AHahahha yeah, look at the join dates on our profiles, i'm VERY new. Regarding everything else, i really think these updates that were announced a month ago won't take anywhere near 6 months to complete, a tweaked animation system, another APC, PKM, M240 and a few other tweaks...well if it takes them that long for just those things game will be released in 2019, and i seriously doubt that.

It's not a tweaked animation system it was a complete re-write. It was/is a lot of work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

It's not a tweaked animation system it was a complete re-write. It was/is a lot of work. 

Yup and by now a lot of that work was done, they already showed these animations kind of working in a video, like vaulting etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BlackDog1247 said:

dude, the two wheeled "BTR" is a BRDM...dude

No idiot, i've been in the airborne marine navy usmc corps for 13 years and have served 3 times if Afghenrstern, i know my shit so shut up !!!1!1~! Its a BTR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MilosV said:

Yup and by now a lot of that work was done, they already showed these animations kind of working in a video, like vaulting etc...

Don't forget all the motion capture work they done recently. It still needs a lot of tweaking. What they have shown has still been very much work in progress. Like you say animations 'kind of working'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we going to see some damage models? Nothing too complex since this isn't simulator but I'd like to see an attempt at least instead of healthbars.

For example Modern tanks are practically immune to any type of chemical weapon from a frontal attack. That's why TUSK doesn't defend the front of the tank.
h1_zpsp2ycrqsk.jpg

The rear and top of tanks are the greatest weak spots. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DSRT800 said:

Are we going to see some damage models? Nothing too complex since this isn't simulator but I'd like to see an attempt at least instead of healthbars.

For example Modern tanks are practically immune to any type of chemical weapon from a frontal attack. That's why TUSK doesn't defend the front of the tank.
h1_zpsp2ycrqsk.jpg

The rear and top of tanks are the greatest weak spots. 

 

The current health system for vehicles is a basic place holder, until the planned system for vehicle armor/damage is complete.

Vehicles will have differing armor and values, which only certain types of weapons/munitions will be able to damage/destroy. So eventually, it'll come down to what you use, and where on the vehicle you hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such fantastic work. Can't wait for another updates.

 

What do you think about ability to dig individual trench? Except for setting the sandbags, there could also be a possibility to dig a trench, to hide from artillery or mortar fire.

Edited by f1l1pZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×