Gatzby

September 2017 Recap

That Bradley model is so damn cool. Who made it? Everything else also looks great. Love the idea for the new game mode, too, which looks like a hardcore wargame :)

But can we have a word about progress on V10? The last thing we heard was weeks ago, when @SgtRoss said that the devs were getting their butts kicked because the new animation system was causing performance issues. I'm not asking for an estimated release date, just a word or two on progress.

Edited by fatalsushi

9 hours ago, Gatzby said:

You may still need to remind your squaddies that it's not a BTR, though.

Lmao

Good recap, tanks n' shit are always nice to see. So i guess there are no news about v10?

12 minutes ago, Stofferberry said:

I am still pretty new in Squad but what is the talk about zombies in the overview? Is it just talk or do you do Halloween events?

It was a joke but somone will probably make a zombie mod in the future. Killing zombies with the Bradley and mortars would be pretty crazy if you ask me.

50 minutes ago, Stofferberry said:

I am still pretty new in Squad but what is the talk about zombies in the overview? Is it just talk or do you do Halloween events?

I don't think anyone appreciates how profound a change it will be if AAS gets replaced by this new game mode. Right now the maps get stale so fast because of the repetitive flag layers that dont take advantage of their massive size. Even the primitive version of a "territory control" game, Conquest on OP First Light is really interesting. This really changes everything.

I always had faith the devs would finally see the light on this one..

Edited by 40mmrain

Don't think it will replace more added to a variety of game play. 

Any news on the Raiders AT grenade. Will the be fixed in the v10?

43 minutes ago, Smee said:

Any news on the Raiders AT grenade. Will the be fixed in the v10?

They're broken again? I thought they were fixed a few patches ago. Last time I used them they worked. 

1 hour ago, Marijuanoz said:

Nuuh, Insurgency first.

Seems like they gave up and game-mode died off after the cache spawn bug. Would like to see it working and back in rotation! 

Edited by PROTOCOL
additional comment

27 minutes ago, PROTOCOL said:

They're broken again? I thought they were fixed a few patches ago. Last time I used them they worked. 

Seems like they gave up and game-mode died off after the cache spawn bug. Would like to see it working and back in rotation! 

nah still broken. will kill infantry but 5 for technical.  none to a stryker

Edited by Smee

18 hours ago, UnderFire said:

Forget everything else... Staging Area < this alone will increase the game play. 

No more leaving squad members behind and splitting the team up. No more rushing to get a vehicle only for it to get taken. No more confusing starts with squad leaders unsure where and what everyone else is doing. 

Now we will be squaded up with a plan starting games in an organised manor. 5*

YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

I hate the frenzied sh!tshow that the start of the round is now, and also how important it is. Get your squad out of main 8 seconds late, hit too many trees on the drive in and get wrecked in the mad dash to backcap. So stupid.

Plus, can't wait to try out the new WhackAMole gamemode.

OMG M1A2 and M2A2/3 BTRs!!! This is so crazy. We almost have the full spectrum of combined arms warfare.

18 minutes ago, Nossa said:

OMG M1A2 and M2A2/3 BTRs!!! This is so crazy. We almost have the full spectrum of combined arms warfare.

Now we just need artillery tanks and AA tanks ( m109 and m163 anyone ? :):P

16 hours ago, Stofferberry said:

I am excited for the new tanks and helicopters! Will a group have to operate the tank? Driver, loader, gunner, commander, etc?

My guess is that it will have a crew of 3; driver, gunner and commander. You would definitely would need at least 2 to effectively use the tanks. Helis would depend on the heli, like a blackhawk would need a pilot if only transporting(it will also depend on vehicle claiming restrictions, size of the squad) but could have 2 gunners, etc

6 minutes ago, WarEagle751 said:

If it's anything like Project Reality, tanks will have a 50 cal. operator, gunner, and driver/commander.

Sounds good to me ... But i think that if the tank would have a crow torrent that thing should be controled by the commander/driver aswell . i know it sounds stuiped but i think that 2 operators per vehicle are enough , in order to man as many vehicles at the same time .

*i mean That if the tank has a crow torret in addition to the main cannon .

Edited by L0cation

13 hours ago, Stofferberry said:

Just having fun with gaming trends. For awhile there, you couldn't be a game without adding zombies.

Seeing how some people play I think we would do better with zombies, joke ;)

13 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

That Bradley model is so damn cool. Who made it? Everything else also looks great. Love the idea for the new game mode, too, which looks like a hardcore wargame :)

But can we have a word about progress on V10? The last thing we heard was weeks ago, when @SgtRoss said that the devs were getting their butts kicked because the new animation system was causing performance issues. I'm not asking for an estimated release date, just a word or two on progress.

The Bradley was made by tim270, one heck of a 3D artist around since the PR days. Had 'em working hard for that one literally up until the minute we posted! Worth it -- he kicked ass.

V10 is progressing -- still a buttkicker, for sure, as Ross mentioned. He's been neck deep in maps and weapons (e.g., the territory control mode is something he's been guiding for a long time, but with more developers, more tools come, more progress.) Speaking of tools, stuff like Zak's mod support is coming along and being tested... which, I cannot wait to see the flood of mods! Plus, you know, somebody has to keep an eye on the thiccness.