LaggyWolf

Squad Servers and Multi-Threaded CPU Usage?

So recently I've discovered an issue where my squad servers running off box rented from NFO have some health issues at capacity (yellow/red health with a server cap of 70+2), contacting NFO about this they've replied that Squad is not optimized for multi-thread usage and as such piles resource demands onto a single core bottlenecking the ever loving heck of the server. So the only options available being: OWI working towards multi-thread support, throw more money at the problem by upgrading to a box with a faster CPU, or decreasing server slot capacity.

Has OWI mentioned anything about working towards this feature? Apologies if this is already covered.

Edited by LaggyWolf

As the game moves closer to its full release, it will receive more optimization passes. Until this point I believe the optimization has been primarily focused on the client side, but it's likely that at some time in the future, the server game thread will receive similar optimization love. 

The current solutions are, as you mentioned, throw more money at it or reduce player counts 

Yeah, I'm hoping that OWI will follow the common developer practice of optimizing both front-end and back-end services as you mentioned; however, have they officially mentioned this topic in any capacity though?

They have definitely said that more optimization passes are coming in the future. I have never seen any specific mention of server side optimization, but I assume it's implied. 

I've heard that there is a server owners discord, maybe try and get on there,it probably would be a better platform than the forums to hear the inner workings of that kind of stuff