dor

Choosing ammo type (bullets)

Please allow to choose ammo type for bullets:

AP (Armor Piercing), HP (Hollow Point), Tracer, Normal

4 minutes ago, dor said:

Squad leaders and automatic rifle men already have tracer rounds , If you want something like AP first you need a reason for it ... I think we will have a body armor system in future that would probably come with the new damage system to infantry and vehicles .

Just now, L0cation said:

Squad leaders and automatic rifle men already have tracer rounds , If you want something like AP first you need a reason for it ... I think we will have a body armor system in future that would probably come with the new damage system to infantry and vehicles .

Sometimes I want normal bullet, not tracer :)

3 hours ago, dor said:

Hollow point ammo is a bit of a sticky subject. Most conventional armed forces won't touch the stuff as it's generally considered that hollow point bullets violate the Hague Convention of 1899. That convention prohibits the use of rounds that cause undue suffering such as hollow point and sub-400 grain explosive rounds.

That said, I'm sure hollow point ammo could be available for Militia and Insurgent forces that generally don't care about such issues.

There are already threads about that.

I loved insurgency but I think the AP-HP ****ed up the system because everyone plays AP, HP are unnatural and harder to use (aim the limbs, kills faster doe in insurgency).

HP could be fun for Insurged team :x

Edited by Bonnie Money

i think the current calibre system is enough. Shotguns will add to this. I hope a long range hit does some tiny damage :)

24 rounds of pellet shells at 200m should at least make someone run away :) 

Worst ever implementation of shotgun was in COD4, over about 8 metres it just does nothing at all.

Best ever is AQ2 (best at everything :P) 

Edited by suds
range of pellets researched briefly.

Well think I'll choose Rip rounds very nasty , think possibly horrible round ever.

I very much doubt you will be able to change/choose the type of rounds you carry. It's not a common thing for grunts to do.

Could be an option to pick and choose how you want your tracer rounds to be loaded though?

17 hours ago, Bonnie Money said:

There are already threads about that.

I loved insurgency but I think the AP-HP ****ed up the system because everyone plays AP, HP are unnatural and harder to use (aim the limbs, kills faster doe in insurgency).

HP could be fun for Insurged team :x

This did work exceptionally well in Joint Ops: Escalation back in 2004, since you needed to choose between body armor and extra weaponry (mines, AT, Parachute, Satchels etc.). 

In the same time I really worry how ****ed up factions we end up, if NATO factions have all optics and body armor and advanced heavy vehicular weaponry and Insurgent/opfor factions have slingshots, t-shirts and bicycles.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

On 10/3/2017 at 7:59 AM, Melbo said:

I very much doubt you will be able to change/choose the type of rounds you carry. It's not a common thing for grunts to do.

Did you ever get a chance to make that choice before heading out? I think I definitely take the ubiquity of various rounds for granted as both a video gamer and a recreational shooter. Not that many folks are using Dragon's Breath rounds for any real application, heh.

18 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

Did you ever get a chance to make that choice before heading out? I think I definitely take the ubiquity of various rounds for granted as both a video gamer and a recreational shooter. Not that many folks are using Dragon's Breath rounds for any real application, heh.

Not even once! Not so much as a sniff at being able to use different rounds.

To my understanding, this is only available for "Special Forces" i.e, "SAS" have the choice of over 35+ weapons and Ammo to accomplish their missions. 

But Hush hush..,This didn't come from me.

Machinegunners should be able to pick what belts they wanna use, regular ball, or mix of both tracers and ball. I would also dig if marksmen could switch between ammo types.

Edited by Marijuanoz

Just reducing the frequency of tracers for Insurgent side or remove it will be only thing that will help the game I think. Conventional forces use them after every few bullet no matter what but Insurgents reload their magazines and ammo boxes without considering this.

On 04/10/2017 at 2:00 AM, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

This did work exceptionally well in Joint Ops: Escalation back in 2004, since you needed to choose between body armor and extra weaponry (mines, AT, Parachute, Satchels etc.).

yeah it would have to be balanced like this ^ (or something).

in JO:Esci you could have AP or SP (soft (or hollow, i guess)), but it was balanced by body armour being optional and you were also beholden to the encumberance system, as Warti' notes.

so you could run with AP rounds and do less overall damage to peeps but cut through body armour (your'e not so good a shot so poking lots of holes in someone should work ... eventually),

or you could go SP(HP) ammo and do more damage per round to non-armoured peeps adn careful shooting (mainly headshots) to those wearing armour (you a better shot, prolly use that MP5-S peashooter ;), and can hit critical areas not covered by armour).