dor

Allow to use Firing Range while waiting for a server

Please allow to:

1. Join to a server and wait in the queue.

2. Play in Firing Range while waiting in the queue.

3. Join the server as soon as possible.

I think while loading the fire range you already are also loading the server, so when you get into the fire range, you probably just gonna spent like 2 seconds before you drop ingame. Wasted loading time, which could solely spent on server loading.

But I'm not an expert. I just think that the fire range is also a pretty large map that's why it would take some time for loading (or is it?).

And only loading server after fire range got loaded will rise the time until you are really ingame.

Edited by EKzyis

18 minutes ago, EKzyis said:

I think while loading the fire range you already are also loading the server, so when you get into the fire range, you probably just gonna spent like 2 seconds before you drop ingame. Wasted loading time, which could solely spent on server loading.

But I'm not an expert. I just think that the fire range is also a pretty large map that's why it would take some time for loading (or is it?).

And only loading server after fire range got loaded will rise the time until you are really ingame.

It really depends on the place you have Squad running from, map loading is actually really fast if you have it on an SSD oder M.2 (under 10 seconds)

Yeah I do have an SSD. But wouldn't loading of fire range still raise time until you are really on the server?

I'm totally content with the loading times :-)

As it stands, I believe the firing range is a local server, which... connecting to your server while you connect to your server might be difficult. =) But, you never know what the future holds, especially if the demand is high!

That said, love the idea, and would love to hear what else you might do during a (n interactive) loading session. One of our modelers, for example, is a big fan of the high res models displayed in Skyrim... with absolutely no professional bias, of course. ;)

20 hours ago, Gatzby said:

As it stands, I believe the firing range is a local server, which... connecting to your server while you connect to your server might be difficult. =) But, you never know what the future holds, especially if the demand is high!

That said, love the idea, and would love to hear what else you might do during a (n interactive) loading session. One of our modelers, for example, is a big fan of the high res models displayed in Skyrim... with absolutely no professional bias, of course. ;)

I meant that you play in Firing Range (which is a local server) while you *wait* for an available slot in a remote server.

The waiting-for-remote-server is still *not* connecting-to-remote-server, therefore it shouldn't be a problem IMHO..

During a loading session I sometimes just browse the web.

But I think that the game should alert the user (both visually and auditory) that now it connects to a remote server (cuz I always need to check whether the game connected or is still waiting).

Also I find it difficult to understand/see the bullet drop of various weapons while training in the Firing Range.

I wish you could offer a method to test this efficiently.

Edited by dor

On 10/2/2017 at 2:18 PM, dor said:

Please allow to:

1. Join to a server and wait in the queue.

2. Play in Firing Range while waiting in the queue.

3. Join the server as soon as possible.

Just Alt-tab and watch YouTube or something

1 hour ago, FeatherSton3 said:

Just Alt-tab and watch YouTube or something

Just train in the Firing Range or something

I simple marksmanship mini-game would be nice. Very basic graphics and some moving targets would give players something to do. You don't have to have a whole map loaded.

5 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

how long are you waiting for?

at least 5 minutes.. can be 10.

I have SSD so loading times are negligible.