LuckyJack888

Mexico - Can't Find Servers (Is Mexico blocked?)

I'm on vacation in Mexico. I usually connect in San Diego, California just fine but here in Mexico my internet connection is okay but no servers come up...unless I select "Show Empty Servers," in which case a few servers show up (one located in Los Angeles). If I deselect "Show Empty Servers" no servers appear.

Ping 19ms

5.82 Mbps

0.75 Mbps

18e21cb348.jpeg

Connecting with my AT&T cellphone works (servers show up in the server browser) but not when connecting through my friend's network (note that this isn't a hotel or other business that might somehow be blocking certain kinds of traffic).

@LuckyJack888 try this:

in Steam -> Settings -> In Game options there is a dropdown box for "In-Game Server browser: Max Pings/minute".

Set that to 500.

6G3gcXw.png

do you see more servers?

Now one populated server shows up. It happens to be the server I play on (West Coast Tactical), but I wouldn't consider this situation resolved. Any more ideas on how to get this thing to show more servers?

Update

A total of four populated or partially populated servers have shown up by following the above steps.

24544135dd.jpeg

Reply from Offworld Industries:

The issue appears to be network related if your cell phone is yielding more results.
The router/modem might have a strict NAT type.
They may need to enable UPnP on the router as well.

My response:

Is this something that ISP tech support needs to handle? I don't know what "strict NAT type" means or UPnP. What specifically do I need to ask the ISP tech support to do? If there is some router setting that needs to be changed how do I change it? Thank you.

Latest response from Offworld Industries:

You would most likely need to talk to the ISP,
it would involve logging into the router/modem from your computer and then enabling UPnP (Universal Plug n Play)
usually there is a username and password on a sticker on the router but I am not sure in mexico.

I'm going to contact the ISP and see what we can figure out. I'll continue to update this thread until the issue is resolved. I'm sure others will have this problem, and perhaps in more countries than just Mexico (maybe even in certain places in US or other major markets).

I finally got my own internet line installed and switched the router to UPnP (Universal Plug n Play) but the problem persists: only one or two servers show up.

Any other ideas?

This problem persists. Only one or two servers will show up, and sometimes no servers at all show up.