RipGroove

Hell Let Loose - Who's backing it then?

4 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Paypal or my bank account directly, other than that i've got no other ways to back it. :P

Good news, they pointed out in their kickstarter that they're looking into a paypal solution since many have requested so. 

On 10/01/2017 at 3:23 PM, Randall172 said:

too much western theater, BORING

Really?  The setting is the boring part?  :) No matter where you go there you are...

On 10/4/2017 at 6:19 PM, RipGroove said:

The road map shows Pacific theatre...

23 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Really?  The setting is the boring part?  :) No matter where you go there you are...

I saw Eastern front and pacific, but won't back until those are unlocked. Liberating france gets kinda old, don't ya know. 

11 minutes ago, Randall172 said:

Liberating france gets kinda old, don't ya know. 

There will be a German faction so you could try your hand at defending it. ;)

Eastern front and Pacific maybe kickstarter goals but that doesn't mean they won't get done if the goal isn't reached. Just that it may take longer. Same as Squad.

Go on back it, you know you want to. 

Depends on how you liberated France, was it on an old computer with less graphics, and less capability, prob not realistic?  Or was it new, realistic, different than same o of past ww2 games? A whole new experience of the same area, which may not even really be in same area you played before or play like you did before.  New is not usually boring.  :)  Even COD has new ww2 shooter.

Edited by XRobinson

Still waiting for the African and Italian theatres ( Or Balkans, but we know that will never happen) to be put into more games.

I can see the conversations now...

"hey, why don't we make another WW2 game? It's been a while since a good one."

"Yeah but it has to be Normandy, Western Front, Pacific, or Eastern Front. Wouldn't want to bore people by doing a theatre we havent done before and telling another narrative."

"Agreed. So were redoing D-Day and the fight in France first right?"

"Right"

8 minutes ago, marxman said:

Still waiting for the African and Italian theatres ( Or Balkans, but we know that will never happen) to be put into more games.

I can see the conversations now...

"hey, why don't we make another WW2 game? It's been a while since a good one."

"Yeah but it has to be Normandy, Western Front, Pacific, or Eastern Front. Wouldn't want to bore people by doing a theatre we havent done before and telling another narrative."

"Agreed. So were redoing D-Day and the fight in France first right?"

"Right"

I started a North Africa map, El Alamein, go look at assets thread in modding.  Hopefully it can be played on somewhere.

14 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

I started a North Africa map, El Alamein, go look at assets thread in modding.  Hopefully it can be played on somewhere.

August Storm would be a fresh theater. Liberate the Chinese and set the pins up for Mao to knock them down.

thats phresh

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

JackFrags has just put up a YT vid on HLL. Wonder how much effect he has on # of backers. It was one of his vids that put me onto Squad.

Saw the video, hilarious how the comment sections make the comparison between HLL and every other WW2 game that was practically arcade based shooters. 

To be  honest this game is like" i have seen thiss before a bit uglyer"  for me personal all recently anounced military games i tryed from Indy&AAA studios  seem to be a copy of allready existing stuff made with a "state of the art" new engine at best without showing progress.

One would think with wide availid "cheap" Graphics and physics engines creativity and complexity would evolve but nothing happens we get always the same stuff since 5 yerars  in new colors at best.

My whislist for a non arcade mil FPS, with flexible realism modules so there is no : its too MilSim/COD QQ:

• OK grafiks with working AA , good ranged visibility, map size suitable for ground viehicles and Choppers/piston driven planes --> around Crysis 1 level at least
  • reasonable physiscs for bullet tacectory, penetration,ricochets,explosions blast,fragmentation & spall effects, material ,wear & angle dependet damage model
  • dynamic evniroment--> destruction of buildings and fauna by viehicle colision, weapon usage. dynamic weather that effects grip & speed , infantry stamina, digging trences ......
  • reasonable sound & communication systems
  • relaistic inventory and stamina system wieght dependent (body armor,gear load), exchanging mags,bandages,e.g. possible
  • advanced support and supply possibilitys (replace destroyed wheel, resuply ammo,refuel, indirect fire module, LOAL modul e.g.)
  • some kind of dynamic campain mode maybe fighting for recources that will impact resupply (industrial complex viehicles,barraks infantry,villages intelligence, airport aircraft.....)
  • not totaly dump AI that controlys civilians, animals for a living world with the possibility of peacekeeping , protection, libaration missions , penalty for civil death toll
  • Use modern hardware apabilitys +4C CPUs ,OPEN CL calculations, HIGH ram pool, maybee even Vulkan  to avoid bottelnecks and jittery gameplay that destroys immersion

Most off the line up isn`t total laser raptor 2089 tech. and even here and there partialy existend on some games since years, still yet i see no real progress over the years in combinig and progression.

Guys 190k stretch goal reached. That makes for The german Hurtgen forrest and the Light tanks. 

1 minute ago, Stofferberry said:

Is this partnered with the creators of Squad? 

No. You may be thinking of Post Scriptum which is based off of Squad.

10 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

No. You may be thinking of Post Scriptum which is based off of Squad.

And worth checking out: http://postscriptumgame.com/

Periscope has assembled a really fantastic team. We can't wait to see what they can do with the Offworld Core.

2 hours ago, Gatzby said:

And worth checking out: http://postscriptumgame.com/

Periscope has assembled a really fantastic team. We can't wait to see what they can do with the Offworld Core.

Both are amazing. I am very impressed with this. I wish i had enough time each day to play a few rounds of Squad and maybe this game eventually.

I backed yesterday for sure after finding a youtube vid on it.  It looks like it has a lot of what I like about Squad, and I'll be looking forward to playing as SL, Medic, and Support Gunner roles in that setting.