RipGroove

Hell Let Loose - Who's backing it then?

I know there is a general thread about this game already but who's actually going to back it?

Web: https://www.hellletloose.com/

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackmatter/hell-let-loose

Official Trailer:

Karmakut's awesome commentary video: 

If I'm reading this right then it's only $29.95 USD (£23.00 ish GBP) for the Veteran tier that includes the following:

• Closed Alpha Access
  • Closed Beta
  • Steam Early Access
  • Early Access to forums
  • Founder forum badge
  • Veteran forum title and badge

To me the Veteran tier sounds like the sweet spot for price/content and looks like a bargain. 

This is an "All or nothing" project so if you like the idea of it you really do need to back it before October 30th :-)

I backed it yesterday instant :)

Edit: I dont think OWI like if you make adds for this game on their forum because they support Post Scriptum.

Edited by M.I.K.E.

It's been a game on my radar for a while. Been a quiet for a couple of months though. Now it's on Kickstarter I went for Veteran. Squad style game set in WWII. Can't wait. I'd much rather back a Kickstarter project than be kicked in the nuts by some greedy AAA microtransaction infested money grab title.

I do hope HLL allows modding in the future like Squad. I'd love to see those mods officially supported by the devs where if your mod is chosen you get paid for it but the mod is provided to the community for free to stop any fragmentation.

The environment is absolutely amazing. The scale is realistic and the plants and mud look stunning. I also like how they have one-shot kills. I'm probably going to back this.

Edited by fatalsushi

5 hours ago, M.I.K.E. said:

I backed it yesterday instant :)

Edit: I dont think OWI like if you make adds for this game on their forum because they support Post Scriptum.

This is the 'Off Topic' forum which states "Discuss anything and everything non Squad related."

1 hour ago, fatalsushi said:

The environment is absolutely amazing. The scale is realistic and the vegitation and mud look stunning. I also like how they have one-shot kills. I'm probably going to back this.

Just hope we can all run it OK lol!

Looks like it has a lot of potential but waiting to see more personally. Will look into it after it's developed further to see what kind of content they end up having at the end of their development cycle. I will say their Garand is spot on!

Waiting to see more raw stuff before I pull the trigger.

They're pulling a lot of visually interesting stuff from the engine but it won't hold out the same with more realistic player counts. Things like tessellation is great and more performant in UE4 than it was previously and dense foliage looks great but you can already see that the grass has extremely short draw and it really shows in elevated positions. For me, it kinda kills the overall feel of the environment.

Gameplay wise.. haven't seen anything different yet.

Hopefully they've been paying attention to OWI and how they've been making Squad using Unreal Engine 4. They've definitely paved the way for large scale games with large player counts. Up and up is the way. The more developers get involved with these types of games the more improvements the engine will see. That's good for all of us!

I'll most likely get it though. I can see myself playing it every now and then.

27 minutes ago, Randall172 said:

too much western theater, BORING

IIRC Western theater will be for release, then the Pacific and Eastern theaters will come sometime after release.

Edit : Yep, right here in their FAQ
WWLGtAT.jpg

Will back it as soon as i can. This is the 1st company that actually is going to put effort into making it semi-realistic WW2 game comapred to all the snappy gun&run shooters. I really like how caps also have a significant downside on losing it, this gives more incentive to ''Working togheter'' instead of the opposite as far as defense go. Also there is a Frontline as you can tell in the kickstarter. This very wel could mean battles will be Head on clashes (y).

Image if they put in Operation Market garden in Italy dropping out of a plane with 50 guys

Edited by -MG

1 hour ago, Randall172 said:

too much western theater, BORING

If you had read the kickstarter, you'd know there is going to be Werhmacht, US forces, British, Russian, Japanese and Canadian. 
So as Dubs pointed out, there'll be different scenery to fight in and factions to play with. 

Edited by -MG

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

backed.  40 vehicles.  sold me. 

I missed that, where does it say 40 vehicles?

34 hours have passed since the start of it's kickstarter and has already reached 52% of it's goal. 

2 hours ago, -MG said:

If you had read the kickstarter, you'd know there is going to be Werhmacht, US forces, British, Russian, Japanese and Canadian. 

Aren't those like massive stretch goals (some/most of them)? It's hard to judge based on something that requires 500k of backing that may or may not come. 

38 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Aren't those like massive stretch goals (some/most of them)? It's hard to judge based on something that requires 500k of backing that may or may not come. 

Welp, we dont know what goal will be reached by the end of the month. Currently they're working on the Hurtgen forrest as they just posted a Tweet about it showing an image which is an actual 140k $ goal. So they're working ahead none the less. 

7 hours ago, -MG said:

Image if they put in Operation Market garden in Italy dropping out of a plane with 50 guys

Surely you mean The Netherlands.

Wouldn't mind playing something different like the German airborne invasion of Crete - Operation Merkur.

Edited by Major Trouble

11 hours ago, Ratface said:

Looks like it has a lot of potential but waiting to see more personally. Will look into it after it's developed further to see what kind of content they end up having at the end of their development cycle. I will say their Garand is spot on!

Is it just me or do the Thompson model and animations look pretty crappy in comparison?

4 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Is it just me or do the Thompson model and animations look pretty crappy in comparison?

I'd chalk it down to just not as fully developed yet personally. They're really early in their dev cycle so I'd hope that's just something that's going to get updated, really everything but the garand will need some love to get everything to the same level. The garand is just a sexy weapon....hehe

I'm on the fence on this one - elements look fantastic and I like the gameplay style.

Just not sure there is enough room in my life for HLL and Squad!

Squad and Escape From Tarcov is a nice gaming mix for now!

34 minutes ago, SHO-SHIN said:

I'm on the fence on this one - elements look fantastic and I like the gameplay style.

just not sure there is enough room in my life for HLL and Squad!

I know what you mean. There is only so much gaming time in a day. Although HLL is similar to Squad, in many ways, they should play quite different once all the vehicles are added and with HLLs more frontline style of zone capture+resources. Post Scriptum would be a lot closer to Squad. Because I love the WW2 era and it's something a little different to Squad I want to give it a punt.

I like a lot about it, but I haven't seen any commentary on modding yet? IME, if the community can't make maps, and the dev team isn't huge to keep up with new maps rolling out, it'll die.