Sign in to follow this  
Bonnie Money

Will we have a desert flat map one day ?

He probably means something like kashan desert from PR , with the larger assets arrival , this would be awsome ! And you what's best ? In these type of maps you can't just run from obejctive to objective ! So bye bye rally spam !! And it's time to finally use vehicles as transportation ! 

15 minutes ago, L0cation said:

He probably means something like kashan desert from PR , with the larger assets arrival , this would be awsome ! And you what's best ? In these type of maps you can't just run from obejctive to objective ! So bye bye rally spam !! And it's time to finally use vehicles as transportation ! 

What do you mean by "larger assets" ?

Big open flat desert maps are easiest to make....I think I will sculpt a North Africa map up tonight, after watching that Hell let Loose play trailer, I got ww2 fever... :)  The Desert Fox awaits....

Reference photo...

5487129_orig.jpg?328

Edited by XRobinson

6 hours ago, Bonnie Money said:

[title], something like al bashar will less buildings ?

so something like this :D

5 hours ago, Noxxid3 said:

so something like this :D

Ohhh yea ! I remeber seeing this post , do you have any new progress on the map ?? 

We need some El Alamein(with fog) here:

The north remembers!

I wonder what happened to all the games, that only Squad will repeat and enhance the glory of BF1942, DC and BF2.

Edited by Skul

I did it, almost got it finished, a El Alamein height map, based on real location, found out its not flat desert...show a sneak peak tomorrow...:) Any mappers out there want to help with map assets and textures for it, let me know, thanks.

Edited by XRobinson

4 hours ago, [5MEO] Battletard said:

I hope to never see a desert flat map again. Or a desert canyon map. Might as well play a walking simulator unless your one of the lucky bastards in a vehicle.

See that's exactly the mentality i always keep talking about ... Why the **** should you walk ?? Unless you are a lone wolf and you are sticking to a squad you should have acsses to atleast two vehicles , and if they go down your squad leader should call for pickups from other friendly vehicles that would be glad to help !! Goddd ! That proves so much the problem of people not relaying on vehicles at all and just keep spamming rally points and this is frustrates me so much >:( !!

Edited by L0cation

Alright I did this last night and still refining it to be exact as possible to the real terrain of area and places it had on reference maps and photos.  Still need to add bases of operation, dug in trench lines, and another rail way I think I missed, as well as make the Qattara Depression much deeper.  Tank battle map :)    Any suggestions welcome and or help making the map with assets and textures.

el_alamein.jpg

el-almein_shot1.jpg

el-almein_shot2.jpg

el-almein_shot3.jpg

battlemap1.jpg

20 hours ago, L0cation said:

Ohhh yea ! I remeber seeing this post , do you have any new progress on the map ?? 

Yes :) But i've been focusing on my own game i've been making

On 9/30/2017 at 10:54 AM, Draco said:

What do you mean by "larger assets" ?

Some people like their assets on the fuller, jiggly side, I like mine firmer and attached to a trim chassis.  B|