FeatherSton3

Potential new INF layers for each map?! *Need feedback*

Hello everyone. This is my first post here so sorry if I don't know what I'm doing. Anyways, just was playing around with creating different versions last night and wanted your feedback on these layers. @LugNut thought it would be good if I posted here. So here's my post from another thread:

Decided to use www.gametactic.org and make some Infantry map versions. Give me some feedback. Which do you like, which don't you like?

I tried to make the points as fair as possible as far as distance is concerned. 

CHORAL INF  (click here if link doesn't work)

Fool's Road INF (click here if link doesn't work)

Gorodok INF (click here if link doesn't work)

Gorodok INF V2 (click here if link doesn't work)

Jensen's Range (because why not?!) (click here if link doesn't work)

Kohat INF (click here if link doesn't work)

Logar Valley INF (click here if link doesn't work)

Narva INF (click here if link doesn't work)

OP First Light INF (click here if link doesn't work)

Sumari Bala INF (click here if link doesn't work)

Yehorivka INF (click here if link doesn't work)

@FeatherSton3
FYI, I removed the other thread in "general discussion". - "modding" seems more fitting.

OT:

layers are looking good.

I see some nice little seeding layers (INF only?).

13 minutes ago, beginna said:

@FeatherSton3
FYI, I removed the other thread in "general discussion". - "modding" seems more fitting.

Alright, thanks. Kind of put it in General Discussion so I can get a broader range of feedback on whether people liked the potential versions I "created" but I guess this works. Like I said, sorry if I don't know what I'm doing. First time doing this. 

13 minutes ago, beginna said:

OT:

layers are looking good.

I see some nice little seeding layers (INF only?).

Infantry only versions. Yes. Going to work next on some AAS/PAAS. 

I support your idea OP, but I can see two things worth pointing out, one, if FOBs would be integrated into the layers, and I'm not sure that they shouldn't, but they might work better without, is that with the objectives aligned up against the edge of the map, FOBs will almost always be dropped on the other side. Which eliminates much of the guesswork in trying to locate the enemy's. You know they can only have one, and they're coming all from that direction, so it's got to be over there. This was a problem in the early days, pre vehicles since maps were smaller and objectives closer, you could only fit one fob on Sumari essentially. 

So, are single FOBs worth it, or more of a problem? And, should you try to link objectives more in the center of the maps? I don't think you need to start with one of the mains tbh, you could think of these layers as two forces out on patrols and running into each other.