Bianchi

Disable ALL chat! PLEASE!

I suggest the idea of being Server or Player to remove the "ALL" chat, leaving only the Team or Squad chat. Unfortunately there are people who do not know how to use it, creating discussions.

Thanks, regards,

WILL

17 minutes ago, Bianchi said:

I suggest the idea of being Server or Player to remove the "ALL" chat, leaving only the Team or Squad chat. Unfortunately there are people who do not know how to use it, creating discussions.

Thanks, regards,

WILL

This is one of those things that probably won't ever become an "official" thing, and at the very most it will be a feature that server admins can disable at their discretion. 

Some weird people like myself like to talk to the enemy sometimes. It keeps us sane. That's my take on it.

3 minutes ago, FeatherSton3 said:

This is one of those things that probably won't ever become an "official" thing, and at the very most it will be a feature that server admins can disable at their discretion. 

Some weird people like myself like to talk to the enemy sometimes. It keeps us sane. That's my take on it.

Admins being able to disable is already a great initiative. 

[ALL] suds: nice shot

[ALL] suds: lol humv barrel roll

[ALL] suds: smee I wiped your squad

I've been trying to put this across the forums long time ago. The hud in the game is minimalistic, and then you have that chat, that comes all across your screen, blocking your vision and distracting you wwith irrelevant and most often childish chat lines. 

I remember it to be hella annoying.

In a game where comunicating with other people is the key, disable this feature will be very stupid and contro-productive...and yes it's has been discussed way back in the past. It will be not a thing!

Yes really bad. Say you for instance want to relay some coordinates and you have a bad accent or hardly speak the language even. Easier to write it down. Plus it's a good feature in general. Only wished sl had the ability to pin a single line comment for the squad or maybe team to see.

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

6 hours ago, suds said:

[ALL] suds: nice shot

[ALL] suds: lol humv barrel roll

[ALL] suds: smee I wiped your squad

[All] I-Saw-You: Dammit.

[All] OmgILoveCats: What?

[All] I-Saw-You: I'm stuck in a humvee.

[All] OmgILoveCats: Lol. Loser. Where are you?

[All] I-Saw-You: C6-4-4

[All] OmgILoveCats: Brb.

*2 minutes later, I-Saw-You is no longer stuck in the humvee*

So productive. 

12 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Yes really bad. Say you for instance want to relay some coordinates and you have a bad accent or hardly speak the language even. Easier to write it down. Plus it's a good feature in general. Only wished sl had the ability to pin a single line comment for the squad or maybe team to see.

You want to relay them to the other team? The OP was about All chat, not team or squad chat. 

1 hour ago, LugNut said:

You want to relay them to the other team? The OP was about All chat, not team or squad chat. 

Good point. 

Still I would also like to have dedicated VOIP as well to be able to insult the other team but that's just me.

I've found the all-chat to be very useful to me. When seeding the FCV server its always nice to meet up and chill with enemy players before we have enough players to start fighting eachother.

all chat is required ..if an admin is on the opposite team to one that is being tkd it is important to be able to notify them ..whilst they do get reports via tools most of the time they need a nudge.  cant do it if you stop all chat.

squad community requires all chat to grow and maintain. as do all games.

[All] suds: Hi Featherston3, hows your leg?

Simple Solution: Provide a keybind for the individual player to toggle Chat On/Off. This is not difficult to do. Most modern games have this toggle option and it impacts no one beyond the person that chooses to use it. 

On 9/27/2017 at 5:41 PM, Rainmaker said:

I've been trying to put this across the forums long time ago. The hud in the game is minimalistic, and then you have that chat, that comes all across your screen, blocking your vision and distracting you wwith irrelevant and most often childish chat lines. 

I remember it to be hella annoying.

I think the current Chat position is standard UE4 placement. IT REALLY SUCKS in this location as in a middle of the screen, but I hope they will tweak it before they throw the V1 out. 

Atleast we would need a Chat window, which would be basicly like a console window, but containing only the chat elements in a way that allow management. Ie. Server, Local, Team and everything tabs in it.

16 hours ago, PROTOCOL said:

Simple Solution: Provide a keybind for the individual player to toggle Chat On/Off. This is not difficult to do. Most modern games have this toggle option and it impacts no one beyond the person that chooses to use it. 

+1

I'd go a step further and implement the All Chat as off by default user settings.

Edited by CptDirty

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

+1

I'd go a step further and implement the All Chat as off by default user settings.

If you turn off chat display no one will see it which is the whole point of chat all! Or do you mean people have to turn on the chat to be able to type? Then it will also die in lack of response. Bad idea.

Never ever did I have a problem with chat being in the way of anything.

10 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

If you turn off chat display no one will see it which is the whole point of chat all! Or do you mean people have to turn on the chat to be able to type? Then it will also die in lack of response. Bad idea.

Never ever did I have a problem with chat being in the way of anything.

How about a spam filter? Too many message within a minute blocks chat for 5 minutes? 

I do want the all chat to be available at the end of the round though during debrief not hidden by the scoreboard, just not during gameplay or limited with spam filter.

you are correct, it is not a problem. It could be improved but put it near the bottom of the list