Bianchi

Disable ALL chat! PLEASE!

I think only Admins could read "ALL CHAT" to see TK complaints or anything else. Releasing the "ALL CHAT" to immature players is ridiculous as they hinder the game. Leave only the "Team Chat" to be used within the game ...

We do not need teasers or boring players who only know how to bother.

never was a big problem in the old days even with trouble makers - they'd just be ignored or punted.

these days however there does seem to be a prevalance to Trolling by the latest generations of younger humans.

it's all about socially acceptable attitudes and respect for others - something sorely lacking in-general in the last 10-15 yrs (aka: Manners).

Edited by LaughingJack

1 hour ago, LaughingJack said:

never was a big problem in the old days even with trouble makers - they'd just be ignored or punted.

these days however there does seem to be a prevalance to Trolling by the latest generations of younger humans.

it's all about socially acceptable attitudes and respect for others - something sorely lacking in-general in the last 10-15 yrs (aka: Manners).

Just what every generation says about the next one....

On 2017. 9. 28. at 3:10 AM, FeatherSton3 said:

[All] I-Saw-You: Dammit.

[All] OmgILoveCats: What?

[All] I-Saw-You: I'm stuck in a humvee.

[All] OmgILoveCats: Lol. Loser. Where are you?

[All] I-Saw-You: C6-4-4

[All] OmgILoveCats: Brb.

*2 minutes later, I-Saw-You is no longer stuck in the humvee*

So productive. 

*5 mins later 

[All] You: How many tickets you guys got?

[All] OsamaBinLaggin: What the?

[All] AguyFromMySquad: 78

[Squad] Me: Get out

*FYI those first 2 name do exist..

As an admin you can already limit the use of it. Some new players sometimes ask for help using it which is completely fine.
If someone tries to talk about non related stuff or something that doesn't belong in game, its as simple as telling them to go write about it on the forums or cut the chat.

Sometimes allchat is used for abit of friendly banter as well.

As long as admins do their job and people use common sense, i see absolutely no reason to remove it.

If you don't want to hear all of the voice chatter after each match ends, then you can simple just take your headphones off or turn down your volume !

20 hours ago, Devastation said:

If you don't want to hear all of the voice chatter after each match ends, then you can simple just take your headphones off or turn down your volume !

The question is not listening, but READ ;)

21 hours ago, Shields said:

As an admin you can already limit the use of it. Some new players sometimes ask for help using it which is completely fine.
If someone tries to talk about non related stuff or something that doesn't belong in game, its as simple as telling them to go write about it on the forums or cut the chat.

Sometimes allchat is used for abit of friendly banter as well.

As long as admins do their job and people use common sense, i see absolutely no reason to remove it.

The administrator does not have to have to monitor "ALL CHAT", if that were a Squad option the player could remove it from their HUD. 
And when there is no administrator ON on the server? 

Edited by Bianchi

3 hours ago, Bianchi said:

The question is not listening, but READ ;)

The administrator does not have to have to monitor "ALL CHAT", if that were a Squad option the player could remove it from their HUD. 
And when there is no administrator ON on the server? 

If removing allchat was to be made an option, it would also need to have an exception for messages sent by an admins.
I wouldn't be suprised if we would have options to disable chats/nametags in the future but anything like this and that is very low priority.

13 minutes ago, Shields said:

If removing allchat was to be made an option, it would also need to have an exception for messages sent by an admins.
I wouldn't be suprised if we would have options to disable chats/nametags in the future but anything like this and that is very low priority.

+1 agreed. Admin messages should override any option client-side that disables or hides All Chat. 

Admin privileges allow for broadcast messages so they don't need All Chat. My vote is to remove All Chat because it's invariably just rife with trivial chat room garbage, ticket spoilers and people throwing shade. You can't hear the opposing teams voice chat so why should you be able to see their text?

5 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Admin privileges allow for broadcast messages so they don't need All Chat. My vote is to remove All Chat because it's invariably just rife with trivial chat room garbage, ticket spoilers and people throwing shade. You can't hear the opposing teams voice chat so why should you be able to see their text?

I feel the same way to be honest, team chat and robust admin (to admins, from admins) communication tools are sufficient IMO

When will they provide a simple default (H, Keybind), to allow user to toggle on/off chat? Especially, when you see the spam of every person connecting/disconnecting from server. While that level of information may be useful to a server admin, I don't care see it on my screen every few seconds, in addition to "some" of the useless chat messages. If the user chooses to toggle off/on chat, it impacts no one else. 

you crazy ? 
i agree there should be like an option to turn off the chat via settings .

but i love the all chat . its fun . in the end of the day . we come to squad to communicate ... even with enemys .

btw .. go play project reality .  chat is like half of the screen and no one is complaining

+1 disable all chat

also disable messages that show who entered or left the server, it pops on the screen all the time on populated server, very annoying

I am against this its cool to talk with enemy team.Especially when you get in a building and you have 3 nice guys grouping together and you just spray the s..t out of them killing them.Then writing sorry to crash your party in all chat  ;-)

16 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

I am against this its cool to talk with enemy team.Especially when you get in a building and you have 3 nice guys grouping together and you just spray the s..t out of them killing them.Then writing sorry to crash your party in all chat  ;-)

See my previous post. Providing option to disable toggle off/on at the player level. This would allow those that want to see to continue to do so, and give those that don't an option to disable. Only impacts the individual based on preference. Seems like a simple solution without any adverse impact. 

6 minutes ago, PROTOCOL said:

See my previous post. Providing option to disable toggle off/on at the player level. This would allow those that want to see to continue to do so, and give those that don't an option to disable. Only impacts the individual based on preference. Seems like a simple solution without any adverse impact. 

I did.But i want the guys i killed to read that ;-) that was my point 

On 9/27/2017 at 11:52 AM, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

In a game where comunicating with other people is the key, disable this feature will be very stupid and contro-productive...and yes it's has been discussed way back in the past. It will be not a thing!

Why do you need to communicate with the enemy team? I think the OP is just talking about All chat, not team or squad chat. Team chat is very useful, squad chat should be left in for those poor souls without mics.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:45 AM, kakaroto55 said:

Yes we need an option do disable text and voice chats!!!

You should not be able to disable voice as a regular player. Maybe admins could mute someone's local if they're playing music, but then they can't cooperate and you might as well just kick them. 

In my opinion All Chat is indeed something we need. its useful while seeding server so you can agree with enemy team that your playing over middle flags only, use no techies till 18 people and etc. Toggle chat on /off option would be something I would vote for.

The existing problem with all chat is - That its in a middle of a screen. Someone typing in long sentence draws blocks Your view. What I'm suggesting is - make all chat massage on a bottom part of a screen or on a very top. - so it won't obscure Your field of view.