Sign in to follow this  
BrightRaven210

Can't start game normally. Have to manually cause crash and then press play again.

Any time I start the game, it begins to start like normal except for one thing. It shows a black screen instead of displaying the Squad Quick Start Guide after the Squad Logo Title Cinematic. It will stay black and I can still see and move my mouse. I then have to alt-f4 and then wait for the  UE4 crash report. After clicking close and send I then click play and it is only then that the game will start like normal. 

Ive only just came back to playing Squad after a year of absence and never had this problem before until I updated the game the other day. Any idea how to fix this. 

33 minutes ago, BrightRaven210 said:

[...] just came back to playing Squad after a year of absence [...]

If you had the game already installed before the 9.9 update (Sept 7th), I'd suggest you do a clean install of Squad:
  1. manually delete %localappdata%\Squad
    https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002768887-How-to-manually-clear-your-user-settings-cache
  2. uninstall Squad via Steam
  3. manually delete remaining folders in Squad installation directory
    default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad
  4. install Squad via Steam
  5. reboot PC
FYI: there was a bigger engine update.

47 minutes ago, beginna said:
If you had the game already installed before the 9.9 update (Sept 7th), I'd suggest you do a clean install of Squad:
  1. manually delete %localappdata%\Squad
    https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002768887-How-to-manually-clear-your-user-settings-cache
  2. uninstall Squad via Steam
  3. manually delete remaining folders in Squad installation directory
    default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad
  4. install Squad via Steam
  5. reboot PC
FYI: there was a bigger engine update.

Well god damn it. That's gonna take days. My internet was shit to begin with but after Irma it's now a shit's shit. ****ing damn it.