Bonnie Money

Classes you will never see

4 hours ago, Skul said:

Sure, games are not bad because someone doesn't like them. Games are bad, because they were designed badly by their developers:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/171446/the_anatomy_of_a_bad_game.php?page=1

And there are lots and lots, and lots of bad games out there.

Yeah, but bad design by personal opinion, doesn't mean bad as in biggest sales and most profitable money maker game; what I mean is if its really a bad game design but sales millions of copies and has millions playing daily, they must be making a design that sales, and thats not necessarily bad design.  Just because the game caters to the largest gaming group: teenagers usually, not adults looking to get a more refined experience that uses adult tactics in a sim/arcade game.  Who really gets to decide what is a bad game design? Surely its the sales meter isn't it?

Interesting charts:

topsellinggenres2008.jpg

188989.gif

e0b33cc8a960b91a5c95be0c4cd31ffe.jpg

The 50+ game crowd is outnumbered by  the pre teen to 35 age group by 27 percent verses 56 percent. if you add in the 36 to 49 age group it gets tighter; 44 to 56.  That 56 percent group is the target audience for games that want to make the most profit from, so games will be made for their desires and wishes rather then the other groups. And shooters only make up 10 percent being created for a 15.5 that are the M rating type.  So its a smaller pie target, but growing one.  Teens want hand eye coordination twitch games, adults want realistic strategy, slower meaningful games of logic and skill, its a tug of war.

Edited by XRobinson
charts

3 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Who really gets to decide what is a bad game design? Surely its the sales meter isn't it?

Critics, people who understand game theory, definitely not cattle or sales meter. You gotta be kidding me with that sales meter lol.

3 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Interesting charts:

The 50+ game crowd is outnumbered by  the pre teen to 35 age group by 27 percent verses 56 percent. if you add in the 36 to 49 age group it gets tighter; 44 to 56.  That 56 percent group is the target audience for games that want to make the most profit from, so games will be made for their desires and wishes rather then the other groups. And shooters only make up 10 percent being created for a 15.5 that are the M rating type.  So its a smaller pie target, but growing one.  Teens want hand eye coordination twitch games, adults want realistic strategy, slower meaningful games of logic and skill, its a tug of war.

It doesn't matter what kids and what old farts want. When new game comes out and it is inferior to a game which was released 10+ years ago, it is shit by definition. Example: BF2 is superior to BF4: controls system, sound system, physics, kit system, etc. BF4 is shit. BF2 is THE REASON why BF4 sale so many copies. If they changed the name from BF4 to any other name they would sell exactly jack. Battlefield 2 didn't have a name back then but it still made millions of players play it for a long-long time, even in 2017, 12+ years after it's release. BF4 is going to be completely dead even in 2019.

I never played or bought BF3 or 4, seen some game footage, and saw the arcade style.  Guess I was lucky not to have played those.  In the world of business, if you do not have sales, you do not have a business.  Sometimes a game theory goes out the door if it doesn't produce sales.  :) That's my opinion.  If some idea doesn't work, it wont sell, that seems to be the bottom line in most cases.

A really serious gamer type character class who can't enjoy themselves even if they are doing something fun....oh wait...

3 hours ago, Skul said:

Critics, people who understand game theory, definitely not cattle or sales meter. You gotta be kidding me with that sales meter lol.

It doesn't matter what kids and what old farts want. When new game comes out and it is inferior to a game which was released 10+ years ago, it is shit by definition. Example: BF2 is superior to BF4: controls system, sound system, physics, kit system, etc. BF4 is shit. BF2 is THE REASON why BF4 sale so many copies. If they changed the name from BF4 to any other name they would sell exactly jack. Battlefield 2 didn't have a name back then but it still made millions of players play it for a long-long time, even in 2017, 12+ years after it's release. BF4 is going to be completely dead even in 2019.

I would say BF2 is the reason BF3 sold well, and BF3 is the reason 4 sold well. BF3 was actually a pretty good game, BF4 is when they went off the rails with the "every class can do everything" mentality that largely removed any non-twitch skill-gap or requirement for teamwork. They chased the success of COD, even if it meant sacrificing a decade-old fanbase.

Also, BF2 absolutely DID have a name back then. BF1942 was revolutionary. The DC mod is up there with CS in the ranks of masterful mods. 

Edited by Buster Heimann

On 9/24/2017 at 11:27 PM, L0cation said:

The devs confirmed that snipers are not going to make it to the unfortunately because they promote lone wolf play styles , but i still think that a sniper and a spotter team could still be a very useful and fun way to play . they will probably will be added by modders later , and i can see some very good coordinated plays of snipers with the rest of team in the future .

Sounds shitty.  Would be like a snipers only mod because you'd be at a pretty big disadvantage with how much range is involved if you don't have that scope

On 25.9.2017 at 11:58 AM, fatalsushi said:

Quartermaster class that can deny special kits from the rest of the squad and hoard them at main base.

This i hits too close to home... those damn batteries. :D

On 9/25/2017 at 5:18 AM, bravo2zero said:

I wish they add a "baker" class, a small bakery on Al Basra outskirts would be nice... bretzel anyone?

Falafel with Thina, get it right. Some kefta and babaganush as well

classic squad community. turn a simple thread with an enjoyable premise into an unnecessary debate. 

some classes you'll never see -- armorer; aviation mechanic

Was going to say chef, but suppose we have stirrer lol

Classes, I dont think we will see any classes. But different roles and kits definitely.

J/K, I just frem that the word classes belongs in those fantasy games.