dor

partially hardcore - no name tags

When aiming at a teammate, a name tag appears above him.

The partially hardcore feature will take off these - identifying enemy/teammate will be done by clothes/uniform only.

(The map still shows teammates locations etc. - the same as now - so it is not fully hardcore.)

you mean like Project Reality? yeah, that's how this game should be

also, the messages in UI:

a vehicle has been picked up

a vehicle has been dropped off

a vehicle has been destroyed

player has entered the game

suicide player

player has left the game

US have captured DC

please give me a way to disable this nonsense

That's why I often play with the HUD disabled. It would be nice if it was a server-side setting, everyone with same setting. The only downside is you lose the compass bearings. So others expect you to call out more than N,S,E,W etc... 

Try it if you haven't already. Open console (~) and type in "DisableHudWidgets" 

33 minutes ago, PROTOCOL said:

That's why I often play with the HUD disabled. It would be nice if it was a server-side setting, everyone with same setting. The only downside is you lose the compass bearings. So others expect you to call out more than N,S,E,W etc... 

Try it if you haven't already. Open console (~) and type in "DisableHudWidgets" 

that actually makes the game look great and plays much better, but like you said, it disables the compass :(

there should be a way to play like that, but with the compass on the screen, just like PR, then it'd be perfect, and image that being a server-side thing... oh boy, that's a dream come true

50 minutes ago, EA_SUCKS said:

that actually makes the game look great and plays much better, but like you said, it disables the compass :(

there should be a way to play like that, but with the compass on the screen, just like PR, then it'd be perfect, and image that being a server-side thing... oh boy, that's a dream come true

+++++1 devs please take this into consideration for V10 !!! Atleast make it a server side thing to fully customize the HUD ! Imgine how great the game would look with the new fancy animations without all of the HUD clutter !

Edited by L0cation

Back in the old portal days ( :P ), it got very confusing with friendly fire. And sometimes you could even tell who was who. But there was also a problem with the tags coming up on friendly's where it didnt show, so people fired away. That isnt the issue now, but they're trying to make minimum hud as is :)

27 minutes ago, Noxxid3 said:

Back in the old portal days ( :P ), it got very confusing with friendly fire. And sometimes you could even tell who was who. But there was also a problem with the tags coming up on friendly's where it didnt show, so people fired away. That isnt the issue now, but they're trying to make minimum hud as is :)

Name tags should only apear up close after looking at a team mate for a second or something , and there should be an option to make the name image smaller , personall want to see them as small as in project reality .

Edited by L0cation

5 hours ago, Noxxid3 said:

in 2013 (I think) nametags were removed from PR, and, they even added night maps to make it worse...

people were screaming of the forum to change that, saying all sorts of things... and I was fighting against it, to leave it like that

people adapted, and became better players, I knew how to recognise enemy by all means: weapon sound fire, direction of where he was heading,, type of skin, tank/apc and all vehicles type of sounds. Also, checking the map. Squad is so "meh" compared to that

Don't like the idea of nametags being optionally disabled. They should be disabled by default. Nametags belong to the world of autohealing, native african female wehrmacht soldiers, "shot enemies to kill them" tips, DLCs, cases with skins and your mom bangers in VOIP.

28 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

Don't like the idea of nametags being optionally disabled. They should be disabled by default. Nametags belong to the world of autohealing, native african female wehrmacht soldiers, "shot enemies to kill them" tips, DLCs, cases with skins and your mom bangers in VOIP.

Only in a dreams they belong to world of auto healing. The nametags are essential, without them the whole game is just a major nutfarm. Just like the PR were when it got standalone and thanks to SQD huge amount of new players jumped in. A game without nametags works against AI opponent in public or in 'closed' pro-servers. Only when every player do have separate character model and animations we can start argument that it does belong to arena shooters only.

If you do want something that belongs to arena-shooters aka autohealing category you can start with the RPs and discrete throw controls of handnades or discrete steering of vehicles. 

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

1 hour ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Only in a dreams they belong to world of auto healing. The nametags are essential, without them the whole game is just a major nutfarm. Just like the PR were when it got standalone and thanks to SQD huge amount of new players jumped in. A game without nametags works against AI opponent in public or in 'closed' pro-servers. Only when every player do have separate character model and animations we can start argument that it does belong to arena shooters only.

If you do want something that belongs to arena-shooters aka autohealing category you can start with the RPs and discrete throw controls of handnades or discrete steering of vehicles. 

Name tags shouldn't be remove entirely , but rather tuned down alot , it should be like in project reality where it's very small and only pops up when you are trying to idenify a target from up , and only from up close and when they are almost in the middle of your screen , becuase now the huge name tag text appears almost right after the player model enters your screen . name tags text are HUGE right now ! Really hurts the cinimatic experince , and for balance i think that both vehicle gunners ( with cameras like crows and and BTRs ) and players with optics shouldn't see name tags at all , because they already have the zoom in order to better recongnize , and if they target is still impossible to recognize it means that it is to far away to just open fire at first sight and they would have to check the map before firing . 

8 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

in 2013 (I think) nametags were removed from PR, and, they even added night maps to make it worse...

people were screaming of the forum to change that, saying all sorts of things... and I was fighting against it, to leave it like that

people adapted, and became better players, I knew how to recognise enemy by all means: weapon sound fire, direction of where he was heading,, type of skin, tank/apc and all vehicles type of sounds. Also, checking the map. Squad is so "meh" compared to that

Just saying, if they do disable it. Majority of the people on steam may be upset and be turned off from the game. But if they do, time will tell what would happen.

19 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

heheh ;) ... but i thought you said you still have the Map to look at ... now, there's hardcore and then there's HardCore.

2 minutes ago, LaughingJack said:

heheh ;) ... but i thought you said you still have the Map to look at ... now, there's hardcore and then there's HardCore.

Thats the thing, the compass can stay, you need a barring and such for enemy's.

I am for removing name tags or at least tuning them down. People will learn how to tell enemies from friendlies just like in PR.

Edited by CHRIS//

I would like to see two or more different levels of difficulty/realism being run on official servers. At least it'd be worth an experiment. Let the servers decide ^^

I bought the game a couple or years a go...I didn´t like it. I stopped playing. I came back one year later. Nametags were still there and the promise to remove them. I stopped playing. I came back in february and I thought the game had moved forward. I played for a months or so. There was another update...nametags are still there. I stopped playing.

Currently...I haven´t played since the beggining of April.

I think the devs are decent. But I know they have to make money and run a business. I won´t lie to myself anymore, and admit some things will be there to attract people and sell the game. 

The thing is...the devs already got my money. No need to please me at all. They need to do stuff to make people buy the game. 

Ill come back to play Maybe in december. But i´m losing my faith in some things.

26 minutes ago, Nightingale87 said:

I bought the game a couple or years a go...I didn´t like it. I stopped playing. I came back one year later. Nametags were still there and the promise to remove them. I stopped playing. I came back in february and I thought the game had moved forward. I played for a months or so. There was another update...nametags are still there. I stopped playing.

Currently...I haven´t played since the beggining of April.

I think the devs are decent. But I know they have to make money and run a business. I won´t lie to myself anymore, and admit some things will be there to attract people and sell the game. 

The thing is...the devs already got my money. No need to please me at all. They need to do stuff to make people buy the game. 

Ill come back to play Maybe in december. But i´m losing my faith in some things.

do you always get what you want?  what about the players that want tags? ..there is an option to disable hud or fade them out... .. you also bought in a couple of years ago, thats your risk tbh... they might have decided to go a different direction completely, nametags are the least of worries.  I have a good old moan about certain things but I dont sulk about it (often)...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, embecmom said:

do you always get what you want?  what about the players that want tags? ..there is an option to disable hud or fade them out... .. you also bought in a couple of years ago, thats your risk tbh... they might have decided to go a different direction completely, nametags are the least of worries.  I have a good old moan about certain things but I dont sulk about it (often)…

Am I moaning about something? Did I attack or offend anybody?....NO...

I don´t get what I want, that´s why Im not playing. PERIOD. 

About the players that want tags. That´s great. Have an option for the servers to disable them. That is basically what people are suggestng in this thread. So everybody is happy.

To disable my hud?....that wouldn´t change gameplay. that would just give me less information that it gives the other players. And trigger happy FPS players Will still shoot as sson as they see anything moving without a tag on it. NO IFF in a allegedly "realistic" game. 

If they decided to go a different way. Good for them. I said...they already got my money, they can shut down the Project right now and I wouldnt see a penny of it. 

Maybe it bothers you in some way that I have my point of view and/or I am not playing the game?

Wanna hear something funny. Haven´t played in almost 2 months. I was searching info about some MBTs and YouTube gave me  SQUAD video. I clicked out of curiosity and decided to drop by the fórums. I found this thread and dais..."oh dear...it´s been years like this…." 

Why Am I losing faith, well maybe because NAMETAGS ARE THE LEAST OF WORRIES. Their worries are...as I said before and you are welcome to re-read it… getting new customers. Selling the game. So they´ll keep working on abrhams and mbts that catch people´s attention and don´t address other things. In my case, i got the shorter stick. 

To sum up. I´m sorry if me having and opinión and expressing it respectfully affects u in any way. Some people feel ofended when the games they like are subject to criticism. Even if that is done with respect and clarity.

I edit this because something came to my head. Its something you said...Are companies really allowed to CHANGE THEIR DIRECTION COMPLETELY?...like...can they now make a less realistic game….lets say...make a COD?....would that be ok?,...they might as well make SQUAD a military vehicles Racing game. Is that so they can change all they want away from what they advertized?...I´m just thinking out loud now.

Edited by Nightingale87

15 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

Am I moaning about something? Did I attack or offend anybody?....NO...

I don´t get what I want, that´s why Im not playing. PERIOD. 

About the players that want tags. That´s great. Have an option for the servers to disable them. That is basically what people are suggestng in this thread. So everybody is happy.

To disable my hud?....that wouldn´t change gameplay. that would just give me less information that it gives the other players. And trigger happy FPS players Will still shoot as sson as they see anything moving without a tag on it. NO IFF in a allegedly "realistic" game. 

If they decided to go a different way. Good for them. I said...they already got my money, they can shut down the Project right now and I wouldnt see a penny of it. 

Maybe it bothers you in some way that I have my point of view and/or I am not playing the game?

Wanna hear something funny. Haven´t played in almost 2 months. I was searching info about some MBTs and YouTube gave me  SQUAD video. I clicked out of curiosity and decided to drop by the fórums. I found this thread and dais..."oh dear...it´s been years like this…." 

Why Am I losing faith, well maybe because NAMETAGS ARE THE LEAST OF WORRIES. Their worries are...as I said before and you are welcome to re-read it… getting new customers. Selling the game. So they´ll keep working on abrhams and mbts that catch people´s attention and don´t address other things. In my case, i got the shorter stick. 

To sum up. I´m sorry if me having and opinión and expressing it respectfully affects u in any way. Some people feel ofended when the games they like are subject to criticism. Even if that is done with respect and clarity.

I edit this because something came to my head. Its something you said...Are companies really allowed to CHANGE THEIR DIRECTION COMPLETELY?...like...can they now make a less realistic game….lets say...make a COD?....would that be ok?,...they might as well make SQUAD a military vehicles Racing game. Is that so they can change all they want away from what they advertized?...I´m just thinking out loud now.

actually yes you are moaning because your not getting removable tags, and as your post suggests not playing because of it... nothing to do with you having an opinion your entitled to one as is everybody.. as I am in responding... but seems a little short sighted to spend money and complain about it because ...tags... thats what the post is about so thats what I am responding to... if you have more concerns they were not addressed in your post hence I can only go on the info you supply.. 

9 hours ago, embecmom said:

actually yes you are moaning because your not getting removable tags, and as your post suggests not playing because of it... nothing to do with you having an opinion your entitled to one as is everybody.. as I am in responding... but seems a little short sighted to spend money and complain about it because ...tags... thats what the post is about so thats what I am responding to... if you have more concerns they were not addressed in your post hence I can only go on the info you supply.. 

Mate sorry….but...why are u acting like this?

I am not moaning. Maybe you imagine somebody moaning while you read my post on a computer screen and think I am moaning. I dont waste my time on moaning. I´ve asked in 3 different opportunities for name tags to be removed or servers to have the option of doing it (or delaying them) I was answered by devs in more than one occasion. The name tags are still there...Ill come back when they are gone. PERIOD.

Nobody is moaning. I didnt start a thread as a HATER crying and complaining because nametags are for pussies or stuff like that. I didn´t say that and I don´t think that. I just stopped playing and that´s it. For the last 2 months I´ve been playing (my 90 minutes a day) WARTHUNDER....guess what...simulation mode has no nametags. and that´s about it. 

Keep that stuff in a pm lol,  i agree a more hardcore no-nametag server option would be neat!

58 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Keep that stuff in a pm lol,  i agree a more hardcore no-nametag server option would be neat!

You´re right mate. Sorry everybody.

lol its nothing personal... You point out a valid point that it would be nice not to have tags and a server option, something discussed many times before. is that good enough for ya?

The only hardcore type needs to be a hardcore server that you need to have more then 500 hours to join now that would be neat.Imagine when its a free weekend or the game is 50 or 80% off and a huge amount of noobs come in game we could take refuge on the pro or hardcore servers ;-)