Sign in to follow this  
WARti0k0ne -BG-

A game(s) that felt right. Gaming History: Delta Force “Birth of the Modern Military Shooter”

I did manage to skip OP flashpoint at the time, maybe because I'm not that heavily of milsim, but more of the theme of gameplay over realism kind of person. OP:FP definitely do have its merits especially on PvE and depth of system (which is pita, if you consider that I barely could drive a jeep on game, while IRL it is no-brainer xD).

But I can imagine how cool the OP:FP experience were back in the day (hopefully Squad is making same kind of eureka moments for new players coming from solid arcade ...BF,CoD,CS etc..).

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

2 hours ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

The influence giver is pretty obvious. :) I'm doubtful, but did signup for alpha... The there is one flaw though, only TDM, CtF and TKotH. Might end up to be the worst parts of DF, who knows, but I have always been more TKOTH / AAS guy than TDM / CTF. 

I'm also wondering if they are generating it from the scratch or using some proprietary UE4 systems, ie. squad engine modifications from OWI.

This or that I hope it will be successful.

This is exactly what my first thoughts were...This Looks Like Squad!!!.

Let Me  know 1st Impressions mate.

8 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

It's funny to me that you would think Task Force Elite looks like Squad. I was just here watching the trailer, thinking "wow, that looks exactly like every other multiplayer FPS ever made".

14 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Actually it were not a squad which I did refer, but DF / JO, there is certain vibe on a few moments on that teaser + name of the incoming game + the fact that one of the footbook admins do have DF:BHD "wall paper" on his account. xD

I just hope this will have the fluidity of the movement of DF/JO without the clunkiness of so many games (ie. insurgency is top of my head) and that there actually is something more than brain dead TDM servers at the end. If so, it might even be popular (...if they manage to extract the best of DF/JO infantry gameplay regardless the game mode, just hoping TKOTH, CTF gain popularity as TDM is so no-brainer that it definitely will be the choice of the masses). 

Hopefully nice hardcore mil FPS for quick in and out games after a workday.  

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

Good old Battlefield 2 with tonns of mods and AI\coop gameplay will save a day forever, never gest old and still acurate,as a 2142 too, in compare to "modern Frostbite era"  joke-Fields(that's how i called them), BF2 feel and play very good especially with AI

Edited by RostRazzor

20 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Also lads have you seen that THQ (Novalogic Owners) are releasing "Comanche". Still got the original CD. :D But still No word on DF:AF * sniffs *

https://thqnordic.com/games/comanche

Maybe they'll hire Wes Eckhart...

Edited by Zylfrax791