tkielarbb

How 'bout destruction?

Hi,

I've not been long in this community but one thing i really miss in this game is destruction. I know it will be a hard nut to crack but it will implement a whole new level to the gameplay. So yeah, that's all from me. 
Sending Love,

XYZ <3 :P 

1 hour ago, Marijuanoz said:

only destruction most people really want is small tree one

Very simple yet a bit unimmersive solution would be for heavy vehicles to just no-clip through small objects like these .... I personally don't mind it to be like this as long as we have other cool features .

Edited by L0cation

1 hour ago, tkielarbb said:

Hi,

I've not been long in this community but one thing i really miss in this game is destruction. I know it will be a hard nut to crack but it will implement a whole new level to the gameplay. So yeah, that's all from me. 
Sending Love,

XYZ <3 :P 

Look man .... Destruction would be awsome that is certain ... And many people think the same as you , but gotta face reality ... We have more improtant features to get and i don't think we wouls be able to have both ... I don't know if it helps but FYI fortifcations and FOBs are destructable B|

1 hour ago, L0cation said:

Look man .... Destruction would be awsome that is certain ... And many people think the same as you , but gotta face reality ... We have more improtant features to get and i don't think we wouls be able to have both ... I don't know if it helps but FYI fortifcations and FOBs are destructable B|

Yeah i do agree with you and the poster.Thats more in the long term it would be sooo beautiful to make buildings destroy like in BF take them down to the ground.And when we are talking to a long term stuff it would be cool to make vehicles blow up better even making them getting disabled and stuff.But thats all in a long term.

2 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Yeah i do agree with you and the poster.Thats more in the long term it would be sooo beautiful to make buildings destroy like in BF take them down to the ground.And when we are talking to a long term stuff it would be cool to make vehicles blow up better even making them getting disabled and stuff.But thats all in a long term.

About the vehicles ... I think the devs do plan on bringing a deeper damage system for both vehicles and infantry in the future ... Now that's the type of features i would give away destruction for any day ! 

Edited by L0cation

But one thing i would really like to see when it comes to interation between explosives with objects it's the damage dealt by the explosive projectile , what i mean by that is like we have a penetration system for non-explosive projectiles , we should have something similar to it with explosives .

We all know that explosive radius damage in most games is like a 3D sphere that deals damage in all dirctions from the explosion point , what we should have it's a system where the explosion damage radius should go through objects and deal damage to people behind it , but with a reduced radius depending on the object it hits ... For example if a guys is hiding behind a wooden fence and i shot the fence with a rocket , that guy should absorb the damage , but if i shoot the same guy while he's hidings behind a think concerte wall the damage blast radius should be decreased drastically or fully absorbed by the wall, where if he stands far enough for that wall he should be safe from any harm .... 

This system would give people that find it really bugging when they shoot a high explosive at a small clay building the people inside are safe and the only way to hurt them would be to enter to one small doorway which they camp .

Ofcourse when heavy assets will arrive this system would give an insane advantage to conventional forces over unconventional and there would have to be something to prevent just spamming bombs into buildings ( like maybe a deployable by insurgents that would act like "civilains" that would turn an area to "a civilian area radius" without actually having civilian npc's , and if that area radius gets explosive damage the conventional forces would lose tickets so they would have to think twice before bombing a building .

Edited by L0cation

I know it might be difficult to do and also there're bigger thing to do right now like implementing finally that animation system(actually that will refresh the game for a while). Can't wait for 1.0 and for release of further dev plans ;)