Dtodt13

Smaller, faster game modes?

How does the community and devs feel on smaller games.  Smaller versions of current maps with less player count and maybe even some different game modes just for these smaller games. Like 5v5, 8v8, 16v16. I really love the game and the way it feels but its hard for me to get into the full rounds of the game- With all the different things that are required from a team. Also i have a wife and child that dont enjoy when i mindlessly play one game round for an hour straight lol. I think game modes like this would be really good for growing the player base and number of players that stick around in the long run. 

1 hour ago, Dtodt13 said:

How does the community and devs feel on smaller games.  Smaller versions of current maps with less player count and maybe even some different game modes just for these smaller games. Like 5v5, 8v8, 16v16. I really love the game and the way it feels but its hard for me to get into the full rounds of the game- With all the different things that are required from a team. Also i have a wife and child that dont enjoy when i mindlessly play one game round for an hour straight lol. I think game modes like this would be really good for growing the player base and number of players that stick around in the long run. 

I do understand you , playing a game like squad requiers you to be fully absorbed by the game , but that is what the game is trying to achive basiclly.... What i would recommand for you is to tryout something like Insurgency it's a game that fully fits your discription :)

1 minute ago, L0cation said:

I do understand you , playing a game like squad requiers you to be fully absorbed by the game , but that is what the game is trying to achive basiclly.... What i would recommand for you is to tryout something like Insurgency it's a game that fully fits your discription :)

I do love insurgency also! But the tactical game modes dont have a very big player count and graphics are pretty outdated.  I look forward to the new one, sandstorm, to see what thats going to be like.

4 hours ago, Dtodt13 said:

I do love insurgency also! But the tactical game modes dont have a very big player count and graphics are pretty outdated.  I look forward to the new one, sandstorm, to see what thats going to be like.

It's very difficult to have tactical gameplay on small maps , even in a game like squad , becuase everything happens so fast ... Look at the sumari map for example ... 

And yea i personally looking forward to sandstorm aswell , although i don't think it would have anything to justify picking it up if you have squad other than 3D scopes .... With later versions of squad with better shooting mechanics , animations and more responsive tickrates  , we could have a mini insurgency game just by having squad and modders creating balanced small maps and game modes :ph34r:

Edited by L0cation

20 minutes ago, L0cation said:

we could have a mini insurgency game just by having squad and modders creating balanced small maps and game modes :ph34r:

Now youre talkin my language lol. Squad could easily beat many other games to that punch line. Dev or fan made. 

1 hour ago, Devastation said:

I thought this was SQUAD not Battlefield !

Yea i kinda agree with that ... These type of game modes would'nt be so popular becuase they go against the main purpose of the game , but at the same time having a game mode like this might be helpful for you to practice some shooting mechanics and tactics on close quarters . 

Edited by L0cation

I could care less if people wanted to make a mod with low pop sides and small maps, one thing to keep in mind is that with the new animations, existing movement speed and aiming mechanics, it would still be plenty Squad-like. Simple TDM would be great for new players to learn how to shoot and actuallly hit their targets for example. 

These small modes are also extremely usefull for server seeding, when the switch is automated or made available for player vote through proper RCON / AdminToolSet.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

If server is low on players, maybe something like a tactical lounge area could be set up, where you can do unique things, what those are?  Training stuff?  Talk tactics? Then when sufficient players are on server the red alert goes off and everyone is called to report to their teams for battle.    Just an idea...

I dont mean anything like battlefield at all. I mean squad, with smaller maps and no vehicles. The teams would of course still have to take it slow and communicate everything.  Just cutting a round down from an hour to a more heart pumping 10-20 minutes 

Edited by Dtodt13

12 hours ago, Dtodt13 said:

I hear where your coming from; though I have teenage children who game and a wife who also enjoys her laptop time; and its an interesting perspective to look from but look at other titles for that quick "fix" your needing. At this stage I don't see any benefit in the devs investing in making/creating/coding whatever new small format game types/maps for now or the future full release. If it is a topic that garners enough interest and support from the community leave it in the hands of the community mod makers and map makers.  

As for titles these are ones that I play or have played in smaller player count area that I have enjoyed:

TC Rainbow 6 Siege for some fast paced 5v5 . Really good support for a Ubisoft title and coool toys.

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam 16v16 servers. Been a long time fan boy of the original Red Orchestra mod to the current game. Brutal Shooter

Player Unknown Battlegrounds with 3 mates for a round or 2 is perfect for the cheese factor. CHEESE FACTOR lol nothing like Squad or the games I have previously mentioned but can be just plain good fun.

Well thought out Team King of the Hill mode with a few well laid out maps would be a good quick fix mode for SQD, both in seeding and for those that happen to have only a limited time to put in for a variety of reasons. The portal theory is real, more active players in close enough game modes the better.

On 9/23/2017 at 10:20 AM, Dtodt13 said:

I dont mean anything like battlefield at all. I mean squad, with smaller maps and no vehicles. The teams would of course still have to take it slow and communicate everything.  Just cutting a round down from an hour to a more heart pumping 10-20 minutes 

Sold.  Whilst I love the game as is, I think there's plenty of room for this mode.

I know plenty who would love this. Infantry only.

I my self one of them. Personally for me, the vehicles can sometimes take away from the enjoyment.

Also, would be nice to jump on and have a 'quickie' when time permits.

Edited by snom